So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

5 hours ago, P.K. said:

Hardly.

No foul-mouthed, playground name-calling from the Woolster. Even when they're losing the debate.

Unlike some....

correct , unlike those "xenophobic thick as pigshit daily wail reading little engenders" sometimes referred to as "twats".:ermm:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Woolley, reality is making a fool out of you.

Diesel sales have slumped, but Nissan will be producing the X-Trail, just not in Sunderland.

You think the U.K. economy will fly after Brexit, when all researched projections, even Jacob’s, see a generation who will be worse off after Brexit. I know that doesn’t gel with your feelings, but in the absence of any rationale, that’s all they are; feelings - best kept to yourself. 

You say that bad handling of Brexit negotiations is not confined to British politicians. What do you mean? Care to explain? 

Not at all. If the investment decisions I make now based on how I see things unfolding go south in the future, then I will accept that reality has made a fool of me, but not now. It's like you telling me I goofed by backing my team to win when in actuality the game has only just kicked off. I trust my own judgment. I usually beat the FTSE yield substantially across all investments (not just in equities), so I will wait and see if it's all the same to you. Research by experts is still speculation, don't you know? Times are somewhat unusual after all.

Nissan will be producing the X-trail, but nowhere near as many of them as they thought in 2016, so they only need one manufacturing platform for it. Obviously that is going to be in Japan. Are you trying to tell me that this is down to Brexit and not because the demand has fallen 50% or more from their "researched projections"?

I was thinking more of foreign politicians in general rather than in relation to the handling of Brexit as they have not been involved in it yet. Are there any in recent times who have covered themselves in glory? Merkel? Macron? Varadkar? Think not.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, woolley said:

Research by experts is still speculation, don't you know?

But to be an expert requires experience and with experience on your side your judgement is much enhanced - don't you know....?

I see Barnier has reiterated Weyand's statement that the negotiations are over.

Which leaves The Maybot and her riven by self-interest so-called "political party" in a bit of a bind.

So no change there then..... 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Sure but they were only in the UK for access to the EU. That and the hefty "support" on offer. But with brexit still a big unknown so is that so-called advantage.

Add to that a fall in demand for diesel courtesy of the VW scandal and a trade deal between Japan and the EU giving then access anyway why would they invest more in Sunderland...?

IIt seems everything conspired against the Sunderland site all at the same time but i's still a downer however you look at it......

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

I knew Nissan had been offered a hefty wedge when Woody2 assured us they hadn’t. 

He went on about EU rules on aid to industry like it was forbidden but on Radio 4 today at least one minister said how they complied with the rules so as to encourage Nissan. All legal. Also they were empowered to buy cheaper farmland for the industrial development of the factory.

7 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

The airbase they built the original factory on was designated agricultural land to facilitate the sale, then planning permission was granted to build the factory. 

Nissan in Sunderland? The whole area was covered by an Enterprise Zone back in the late 1980s. For a while there were effectively two planning authorities operating in Sunderland.

Part of the old airport remains, there is a small museum there (they have a Vulcan).

Donald Tusk: "I hope there is a special place in hell for those who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan of how they were going to do it". Press briefing with Varadkar this morning.

Strong stuff.

7 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Donald Tusk: "I hope there is a special place in hell for those who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan of how they were going to do it". Press briefing with Varadkar this morning.

Strong stuff.

Tusk is what you would term a "no nonsense" politician.

Day one of the "negotiations" showed Barnier and his team with all their briefing papers, points for discussion, scenarios etc etc and sitting opposite was David Davis and his team with nothing but sickly grins....