So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

18 hours ago, P.K. said:

Dear me.

The pressure clearly IS on ....

So where are the rest of the Jolly Brexiteers?

You know, Woody2, Lxxx. Paswt, Quilp, The Phat Tog to name but a few.

Don't tell me they've all saddled up their Unicorns and led by mendacious, self-serving, so-called politicians Farage, Gove and Johnson have all galloped off into the sunset to the golden uplands of "the easiest trade deals in history" or whatever sop to the stupid is vogue for current week...?

Face it, all the central planks of Brexit have been shown to be a busted flush *

* that's flush as in straight down the toilet....

I just dropped in to see if this is still going round in circles and saw this post.  I've been absent because less than 6 months after my twin brother and I buried my father, I accompanied my brother to hospital, where, on Christmas Eve, he was told he has terminal cancer. 

I'm sure even an ocean going prick like you might see that this more important than butting heads with a handful of butt hurt Guardian worshippers. 

• Sad 2

Sorry to hear that, and good luck to your brother.

I sincerely hope that your brother won’t be effected by the UK’s failure to make plans for the import and export of medicines, or today’s news that the government have run out of time to find emergency supply ships to bring in medicines. None of this part of the mess was inevitable when the U.K. voted for brexit, it’s the fault of morons like Grayling, Davies, Raab, eg al, who couldn’t be bothered with plans. They should have started planning for this almost three years ago. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-no-deal-planning-emergency-supplies-seaborne-freight-chris-grayling-a8777766.html

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/no-deal-brexit-consequences-medicine-cancer

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Phat Tog said:

I just dropped in to see if this is still going round in circles and saw this post.  I've been absent because less than 6 months after my twin brother and I buried my father, I accompanied my brother to hospital, where, on Christmas Eve, he was told he has terminal cancer. 

I'm sure even an ocean going prick like you might see that this more important than butting heads with a handful of butt hurt Guardian worshippers. 

I'm genuinely sorry for your brother and his family. And despite your nasty insults that includes you.

But equally you shouldn't have a go at people because they're not psychic....

• Thanks 1

Just now, The Phat Tog said:

PK called me out.  I explained my reason for no longer contributing to this thread and would have hoped that it could be accepted and then left alone.  Obviously not. 

Called you out?

If you want to be left alone, and in your circs I would do the same, then don't post on here....

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, The Phat Tog said:

No need at all for that "go" at PK

• Thanks 1

Just now, P.K. said:

I'm genuinely sorry for your brother and his family. And despite your nasty insults that includes you.

But equally you shouldn't have a go at people because they're not psychic....

I am his family - there's just me, him and the dog left now.  You are in no position to have a go at anyone over insults - you dish out plenty yourself and if you're going to do that, don't be surprised if someone throws one or two your way from time to time.  Of course you would have no way of knowing what happened but perhaps before leaping in with the ridicule you might have taken a moment to think if there may be another reason for someone no longer posting. 

I've got quite enough real world problems to deal with right now to bother myself with this any further.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Phat Tog said:

I'm sorry to hear of your loss and the tragic 'hand' that has been dealt to your brother, you really do have my sympathy, it's no earthly use to you but you have it just the same.

3 hours ago, The Phat Tog said:

I am his family - there's just me, him and the dog left now.  You are in no position to have a go at anyone over insults - you dish out plenty yourself and if you're going to do that, don't be surprised if someone throws one or two your way from time to time.  Of course you would have no way of knowing what happened but perhaps before leaping in with the ridicule you might have taken a moment to think if there may be another reason for someone no longer posting. 

I've got quite enough real world problems to deal with right now to bother myself with this any further.

If you can show me where I leapt in with ridicule then I'll apologise. Because I know and acknowledge that we're all on the same road.

But as far as I'm concerned I'm still sorry about your news but I also know I've done nothing wrong.

4 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Sorry to hear that, and good luck to your brother.

I sincerely hope that your brother won’t be effected by the UK’s failure to make plans for the import and export of medicines, or today’s news that the government have run out of time to find emergency supply ships to bring in medicines. None of this part of the mess was inevitable when the U.K. voted for brexit, it’s the fault of morons like Grayling, Davies, Raab, eg al, who couldn’t be bothered with plans. They should have started planning for this almost three years ago. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-no-deal-planning-emergency-supplies-seaborne-freight-chris-grayling-a8777766.html

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/no-deal-brexit-consequences-medicine-cancer

A) Bad form.

B) Doomsday scenario described above not going to happen anyway.

C) In the words of Freggy: "You're better than this!"

7 minutes ago, woolley said:

A) Bad form.

B) Doomsday scenario described above not going to happen anyway.

C) In the words of Freggy: "You're better than this!"

So according to you the UK will not crash out?

Spare us the "trade will continue irrespective of the delays and extra associated costs" stuff and explain how the brexit bug-eyed loons of the ERG will be forced to vote for the Robbins and Weyand so-called deal...?

Thanks