So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

12 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

It is interesting the amount of "noise" Woolster and Quilapdog are making about how I posted and not about what I posted.

Typical Brexit nonsense, make a load of noise about nothing and ignore the looming doom.

Let them get on with it.

I have to say the nonsense Quilp invents about me I find somewhat amusing and so do those who know me but my eldest is getting fed up with it.

Has this thread run its course for the time being?

It appears to have just descended (on both sides, I make no distinction) into silly school ground games, no one is coming out of it looking very clever. I'm waiting for someone to say that their dad is bigger than your dad. Time for people to relax, step back and calm down?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Has this thread run its course for the time being?

It appears to have just descended (on both sides, I make no distinction) into silly school ground games, no one is coming out of it looking very clever. I'm waiting for someone to say that their dad is bigger than your dad. Time for people to relax, step back and calm down?

I believe you are right.

Roll on the 29th of March

4 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

It is interesting the amount of "noise" Woolster and Quilapdog are making about how I posted and not about what I posted.

Typical Brexit nonsense, make a load of noise about nothing and ignore the looming doom.

There was no substance or I would have done so. It was just gratuitous vulgarity. That was the whole point.

12 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

That’s where you’re wrong Quilpy. We love nothing more than to be wrong when it comes to economic outlook. Woolley’s link to the Airbus story for example - it’s nice to know that Airbus is stopping production of the A380 because it just isn’t selling, not because of brexit. Sadly, one drop of the deluge of bad brexit news not being due to brexit doesn’t represent a sea change. 

But Freggy, it's every damn thing that's covered with a negative spin on everything. Anything negative is "because of Brexit" and everything positive, when they even deign to report it, is "in spite of Brexit". There is no balance and it is tedious in the extreme. There is another beauty from the BBC today:

RBS warns of Brexit harm as profits double.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47250174

Bloody hilarious if it were not so serious. They run the UK and its massive potential down at every opportunity. Everything is built on sentiment and these individuals do not realise that they can be provoking a self-fulfilling prophecy. With our media we certainly do not need enemies.

Someone I know works in the pet shipping business and for the most part its wealth types and "celebrities" sending their dogs or cats to Canada, Australia and Dubai.  

But maybe 50% of their business is shipping ex-pats pets back and forth between Europe and the UK.

Everyday they get at least a dozen phone calls asking how Brexit is going to affect pet shipping, to which they get the same response...we don't know, because the Government doesn't know.  And the Government won't know until an agreement is reached, and it doesn't look like an agreement will be reached.

Yet another little self inflicted shot in the foot for the Brexit supporting immigrant (because ex-pat is a bollocks term).

1 hour ago, woolley said:

But Freggy, it's every damn thing that's covered with a negative spin on everything. Anything negative is "because of Brexit" and everything positive, when they even deign to report it, is "in spite of Brexit". There is no balance and it is tedious in the extreme. 

Couple of points to make about your post;

1. Whilst we do not yet know what the impact of Brexit will be we do know that the uncertainty around Brexit is currently the biggest challenge to businesses.  Companies who ship to China/Japan are already being impacted because whatever they ship now will arrive post brexit and they have no idea what tariffs will or won't apply.  We also know that champions of Brexit such as Jacob Rees-Mogg have said that it may be 50 years before we see the real benefit of Brexit;

2. As for there being no balance in reporting surely that should be the case where facts are concerned?  I do not understand the current obsession in the media with bringing together two parties who disagree especially where one is using facts and the other beliefs and opinions with nothing to back it up.  This is misleading.  I think someone has already said it on here but a journalist on being told that it is raining should stick their head outside and check rather than report that person A says it is raining but person B says it isn't.  

2 minutes ago, woolley said:

"Facts" must be one of the most abused words in the language.

But there in lies one of the fundamental issues with Brexit...facts don't matter to Leave.

There is countless hours of footage of interviews with people who have voted to Leave and when they are fact checked it all resorts to "sovereignty" or "getting our borders back" nonsense.

20 minutes ago, woolley said:

"Facts" must be one of the most abused words in the language.

A fact is a fact but people do misuse the term and try and present opinion as fact or pseudoscience as fact.  The whole flat earth nonsense is a good example as are a lot of other pieces where there is some desire to present a "balanced view" and they bring in any old loon to argue the opposite.

• Haha 1