So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

17 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

This is an example of where there should be an easy measurable fact.  Either the legislation is introduced by the UK Government or it is introduced by the EU.

How can we not agree on the figures here?

irrelevant question.....

it doesn't matter who introduces legislation........

every law or regulation passed by the uk has to comply with eu law, regs and treaties......

eu control everything.......

Edited by woody2

14 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

We know Bloomberg's stance. It's another one of those Project Fear doomsday headlines that looks catastrophic but isn't. Obviously no loss of business is welcome, but if you are citing this as a significant loss of GDP it's not. Repo market has high turnover but margins on that figure down at the subatomic particle level. I think there are a dozen jobs being created in the Netherlands as a result of this.

Also in the news, pink slime can now be classed as ground beef (or mince as we call it). We need to be very careful about any trade deals with the US as their agricultural/food processing industry is pushing very hard to open up new markets. 

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Also in the news, pink slime can now be classed as ground beef (or mince as we call it). We need to be very careful about any trade deals with the US as their agricultural/food processing industry is pushing very hard to open up new markets. 

yet the eu approved food imports from the usa as part of the ttip including pongos favourite chicken before barmy messed it all up......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woody2 said:

yet the eu approved food imports from the usa as part of the ttip including pongos favourite chicken before barmy messed it all up......

I think that the EU goes out to the USA and inspects the sources and then they are licensed?? The IOM meat plant products had an EC/EEC licence printed on the packs. Might be out of date now??

It will be USA First if USA and UK agree a trade deal. I can recall when the USA banned "Smarties" of a certain colour because of the food dyes used. I also recall when the USA banned old fashioned beers from the UK like Sam Smiths or is it John Smiths? Anyway back in the day they said that the caramel and toasted barley used was carcinogenic. They will certainly confiscate meat products. Haggis has been allowed in as "0rgan meat" has been removed from the recipe. My sister declared to the USA some canned Fray Bentos pies on entry and they were confiscated not allowed...disease etc...

They have a term for it in the USA "NMIA" Not made in America...

1 hour ago, Barrie Stevens said:

I think that the EU goes out to the USA and inspects the sources and then they are licensed?? The IOM meat plant products had an EC/EEC licence printed on the packs. Might be out of date now??

It will be USA First if USA and UK agree a trade deal. I can recall when the USA banned "Smarties" of a certain colour because of the food dyes used. I also recall when the USA banned old fashioned beers from the UK like Sam Smiths or is it John Smiths? Anyway back in the day they said that the caramel and toasted barley used was carcinogenic. They will certainly confiscate meat products. Haggis has been allowed in as "0rgan meat" has been removed from the recipe. My sister declared to the USA some canned Fray Bentos pies on entry and they were confiscated not allowed...disease etc...

They have a term for it in the USA "NMIA" Not made in America...

ttip- look it up......

usa-aus got a fair deal.......