So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 minute ago, RIchard Britten said:

Oh I know.

Just in case you understand...

Because you are so sure that the event that I will need it will never happen.

It will truly break your heart if the future is bright. This is what membership of the EU in your lifetime has done to your view of your country. So jaundiced that you are cheering on its competitors at every turn. Sadly there's a lot of it about.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, woolley said:

It will truly break your heart if the future is bright. This is what membership of the EU in your lifetime has done to your view of your country. So jaundiced that you are cheering on its competitors at every turn. Sadly there's a lot of it about.

I am impressed that someone who claims to be so wise to the way of the world and so insightful to "reality", genuinely believes that everything is going to work out beautifully, especially with the UK Government running the show.

I am cheering on the realisation that will slowly dawn on the Brexit voting public when the unicorns don't materialise as promised.

12 minutes ago, woolley said:

If Brexit is a success then that is great.  I will congratulate those who could see the positives and made it happen.

If it is a disaster though we are all going to have to live with that (apart from wealthy enough to move elsewhere).  

You need to understand that I do not want to gloat about a failing Britain.  I just don't see how it is going to happen.

The world has moved on significantly since Britain joined the EU.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, manxman1980 said:

If Brexit is a success then that is great.  I will congratulate those who could see the positives and made it happen.

If it is a disaster though we are all going to have to live with that (apart from wealthy enough to move elsewhere).  

You need to understand that I do not want to gloat about a failing Britain.  I just don't see how it is going to happen.

That is a fair position to take, I would say. We have the biggest financial markets in the world in the most benign time zone for global business. The empire set us up the infrastructure for our world trade, and we have never lost it. We are not about to. Also, as I said to Richard, massive inward investment and record employment currently. Anything could happen of course, and I recognise that. I suppose we shall have to wait and see.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

I am impressed that someone who claims to be so wise to the way of the world and so insightful to "reality", genuinely believes that everything is going to work out beautifully, especially with the UK Government running the show.

I am cheering on the realisation that will slowly dawn on the Brexit voting public when the unicorns don't materialise as promised.

Thankfully the UK Government does not run business. It just wastes a large part of the resource that business provides.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Ah yes all that sweet, sweet tax money we get from Amazon, Google, Apple, Dyson...

Oh wait...

Well I don't support tax evasion. It is in the Government's gift to sort out. As I've said, country by country reporting and taxation commensurate with activity in every jurisdiction. If you want to trade in our country, that's the deal. That would bag you billions from Apple, Google and Dyson etc. I can only assume that the reason this hasn't been done is that the benefits to the exchequer of the filthy lucre hiding in the City and British territories around the world are greater than the losses in domestic taxation. That and self-interest of course.

I add a rider to my earlier comments about the prospects for Britain. There is one thing that could really frighten the horses and send things into a tailspin. Unlikely as it seems right now, that danger is the election of an extreme left Labour government.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lxxx said:

It's a great time at the moment for the management of companies who don't have robust business models. Just blame Brexit and everyone will shrug their shoulders and say they understand, without even so much as asking the harsh questions that need to be asked of a failing business.  

never made a profit and never hit the number of passengers required.........

3 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6713413/Billionaire-Brexiteer-Sir-James-Ratcliffe-relocates-Monaco-bid-save-4bn-tax.html

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/feb/17/brexiter-jim-ratcliffe-uk-richest-man-plans-save-4bn-pounds-tax-monaco-move

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/sir-jim-ratcliffe-the-uks-richest-man-quits-country-to-save-billions-35x6jphxn

"A prominent Brexiteer and Britain's richest man, Sir Jim Ratcliffe, is set to quit the United Kingdom in a bid to save billions in tax, it has been reported. 

The 66-year-old, who was knighted less than a year ago for his services to business and investment, is reportedly planning to save up to £4bn with a move to Monaco."

Even the well to do rats are deserting the sinking ship...strange how all the wealthy Brexit Believers (Ratcliffe, Dyson, etc) are doing the Tax Haven Shuttle.

what make him prominent......... never heard of her........

still as pk keeps telling us the eu have stopped all this......

:lol:

38 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

yes you do......

but its not happening......

the eu is in decline, uk is ahead of france germany, italy and japan in the latest figures.......

the places doing better don't have any deal with the eu........

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Well I don't support tax evasion. It is in the Government's gift to sort out. As I've said, country by country reporting and taxation commensurate with activity in every jurisdiction. If you want to trade in our country, that's the deal. That would bag you billions from Apple, Google and Dyson etc. I can only assume that the reason this hasn't been done is that the benefits to the exchequer of the filthy lucre hiding in the City and British territories around the world are greater than the losses in domestic taxation. That and self-interest of course.

I add a rider to my earlier comments about the prospects for Britain. There is one thing that could really frighten the horses and send things into a tailspin. Unlikely as it seems right now, that danger is the election of an extreme left Labour government.

Which, I would hazard a guess, is behind the thoughts of the likes of Radcliffe, Dyson and others. The short term inconvenience of Brexit is something that can ne negotiated and overcome if you have a strong enough product (s), business model and a pro-business government.

The thirsty hands of a communist regime is something that nothing and no-one will be able to evade.