So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

10 minutes ago, woolley said:

Zero hours: Only 1 in 35 people in employment (2.8%) (and actually declining) is on such a contract and of those, less than a third (so less than 1% of the working population) want more hours. (Link and onward links to spreadsheets.) https://fullfact.org/economy/facts-about-zero-hour-contracts/

How do you know "fullfact" don't have an agenda?

Have you checked out their three main backers?

• Like 2

I find it a little puzzling that this factory and the one in sunderland are going to relocate to japan rather than somewhere in the eu if, as people are claiming, the decision is down to brexit. Therefore it isn't down to brexit in my opinion. In a world where we have america first, then it's every man for himself, otherwise we'll be gobbled up and not in the good way. In that sense brexit may be our only hope of survival long term.

Edited by the stinking enigma
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I find it a little puzzling that this factory and the one in sunderland are going to relocate to japan rather than somewhere in the eu if, as people are claiming, the decision is down to brexit. Therefore it isn't down to brexit in my opinion. In a world where we have america first, then it's every man for himself, otherwise we'll be gobbled up and not in the good way. In that sense brexit may be our only hope of survival long term.

japan is in decline- moving jobs back makes sense......

nothing to do with exit......

i can't see the germans been to happy about japan undercutting them which is why car imports are going to be the last to be discussed as part of a trade deal......

30 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

To be honest I'm surprised Honda lasted this long, their sales in Europe aren't that great.

jlr next.......

sales went from £5bn to £40bn a year in under 10 years fuelled by the china boom.....

but it'll be all exit fault according to some on here.......

4 hours ago, woolley said:

No. Because you retrench production back to your home base to keep the home fires burning and wait for better times. You don't shut up shop at home and carry on manufacturing on the other side of the world. Lots of the basic components are made in Japan anyway. This is the folly of selling out your industrial base to foreigners. Viva globalisation!

No. The components are made in the UK. That was part of the original deal. Those businesses will also suffer. the hinterland is many thousands of jobs.

It would be wrong to pretend that the Honda decision is only about Brexit. But it would be utterly idiotic to pretend that it is not about Brexit.

Swindon voted to leave.  They got their way.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, pongo said:

No. The components are made in the UK. That was part of the original deal. Those businesses will also suffer. the hinterland is many thousands of jobs.

It would be wrong to pretend that the Honda decision is only about Brexit. But it would be utterly idiotic to pretend that it is not about Brexit.

Swindon voted to leave.  They got their way.

And blue passports.

Win / Win

Errrrr   hang on a minute....

3 hours ago, P.K. said:

How do you know "fullfact" don't have an agenda?

Have you checked out their three main backers?

2 hours ago, woolley said:

Follow the links. They go back to the official ONS data.

So that's a "No" then.

Why didn't you just say so....?