So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

10 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Then it will be easy for you to name five, bet you don't.

Of course the UK can sign deals already, they have already done some.

Yet another example of evading the question when asked a simple question. Why won't those promoting leave give real evidence?

you claimed you had read the thread- you clearly haven't go and have a look.......

uk can't sign trade deals yet......

23 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

So how come they already signed six?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47213842

Very telling that you can't name your investments.

can't you read........ it says agreed....... they are not in force until the uk leaves.........if mays agreement with the eu goes through the uk can't sign (i.e. come into force) until the transitions period is over......

i have said which companies have moved from the eu to uk since the ref........ your ability to read isn't my problem.........

5 minutes ago, woody2 said:

can't you read........ it says agreed....... they are not in force until the uk leaves.........if mays agreement with the eu goes through the uk can't sign (i.e. come into force) until the transitions period is over......

Of course they can sign them and they have, you need to read the article. The deals are presumably written to come into effect once the UK leaves the EU. Which one are you most excited about? The Faroe Islands?

Warning! When Fox says Switzerland he might mean Swaziland. Joking aside, it’s nice to have a deal with Switzerland, even if it is landlocked, Palestinian, even if it has no ports or airports, Eastern and Southern Africa, even if these are tariff free charity deals, Israel, the Faroes (population 50,000) and Chile. 

There are agreements with a few more that they can roll over the EU deal in place with a few tweaks. The Japan deal is particularly sad - in the past the U.K. was always able to veto tariff free access for Japanese autos and get a really good deal for malt based alcohol (ie; Scotch). Now it’s going to get a worse deal all round. 

4 hours ago, Lxxx said:

You keep asking for things that no-one on this planet can give.

On reflection I think it's probably a good move to leave the EU. To get back control of key aspects of our constitution at a time when the wealth of the world is pivoting east is a good thing, in my opinion. Could I be wrong? Absolutely.

The more people talk about doom and gloom the more it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. It's why I choose to steer clear of negative people in my personal life. It's just as difficult to escape them online too, it seems.

So what key aspects of our constitution have we given away and to what effect?

And please spare us the "armageddon" bs trying to belittle genuine concerns. 

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Of course they can sign them and they have, you need to read the article. The deals are presumably written to come into effect once the UK leaves the EU. Which one are you most excited about? The Faroe Islands?

Under EU law, the bloc cannot negotiate a separate trade deal with one of its own members, as rules have to apply to all member states equally.

Similarly, individual member states cannot make trade deals with third countries on their own.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36684876

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A12008E207

:whistling:

These aren’t new deals - they’re just agreements that charity case Southern and Eastern Africa will still get tariff free access to the U.K., and that U.K. consumers won’t have to pay more for white fish and wine. None of the six agreements announced so far are gains. So why haven’t anymore been announced? I’d state the obvious, but I don’t want to hurt leavers feelings and get called anti-British. 

44 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

These aren’t new deals - they’re just agreements that charity case Southern and Eastern Africa will still get tariff free access to the U.K., and that U.K. consumers won’t have to pay more for white fish and wine. None of the six agreements announced so far are gains. So why haven’t anymore been announced? I’d state the obvious, but I don’t want to hurt leavers feelings and get called anti-British. 

these are just the poor level deals the eu has done- not many and not that important- these are the deals you have been supporting.....

it highlights how pathetic the eu have been at trade deals......

meanwhile the new uk-usa-aus-nz partnership will be the largest in the world.......

4 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

What do you reckon Woody, will the U.K. get an fta with NZ before the EU?

depends what happens.......

if the uk goes with may's agreement- the eu won't do a deal anytime soon.........

i can't think of any eu treaties that don't have an exit..........can you??????????????????????

no deal= quicker new trade deals plus despite all the rubbish posted on here the eu are changing things quickly......  

OK, I’ll try again. 

Do you think the U.K. will sign free trade deal with New Zealand before the EU signs a free trade deal with New Zealand. 

While you’re at it, do you think the U.K. will sign free trade deal with Australia before the EU signs a free trade deal with Australia.

Also, besides Chile, Switzerland, Israel, the Faroes and the developing country charity cases, do you expect the U.K. will make any more free trade deals as good as the ones it has as a member of the EU? 

1 hour ago, Freggyragh said:

Warning! When Fox says Switzerland he might mean Swaziland. Joking aside, it’s nice to have a deal with Switzerland, even if it is landlocked, Palestinian, even if it has no ports or airports, Eastern and Southern Africa, even if these are tariff free charity deals, Israel, the Faroes (population 50,000) and Chile. 

There are agreements with a few more that they can roll over the EU deal in place with a few tweaks. The Japan deal is particularly sad - in the past the U.K. was always able to veto tariff free access for Japanese autos and get a really good deal for malt based alcohol (ie; Scotch). Now it’s going to get a worse deal all round. 

It might be landlocked Switzerland but I once had an interview for a job with a Swiss flag shipowning company.

Switzerland does have a deep sea merchant fleet tradition despite being landlocked other than such as Rhine river traffic linked to continental seaports.

Back in the day I used to courier Bills of Lading covering Rhodesian sugar and maize for clearance in Geneva. That was then against UN sanctions against what is now Zimbabwe. So two landlocked countries with business on the high seas. One day someone asked me to charter a cargo of New Zealand sheep for a Swiss destination. Fortunately it failed to complete and no one in the City took it seriously..

http://www.swiss-ships.ch/berichte-buecher/berichte/artikel_h-walser.htm