So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 hour ago, Barrie Stevens said:

It might be landlocked Switzerland but I once had an interview for a job with a Swiss flag shipowning company.

Switzerland does have a deep sea merchant fleet tradition despite being landlocked other than such as Rhine river traffic linked to continental seaports.

Back in the day I used to courier Bills of Lading covering Rhodesian sugar and maize for clearance in Geneva. That was then against UN sanctions against what is now Zimbabwe. So two landlocked countries with business on the high seas. One day someone asked me to charter a cargo of New Zealand sheep for a Swiss destination. Fortunately it failed to complete and no one in the City took it seriously..

http://www.swiss-ships.ch/berichte-buecher/berichte/artikel_h-walser.htm

Ahhh. A Bazza when I story. Blessed relief from Freggy.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu/aviva-natwest-to-join-brexodus-of-business-to-eu-idUKKCN1Q81YW

"The move, timed for 2259 GMT on March 29, is part of a wider withdrawal of business and money by financial companies seeking to keep contracts and policies within the European Union even after Britain departs. Brexit formally takes effect at 2300 GMT on March 29."

"“The current state of extreme and intensifying uncertainty regarding the terms of United Kingdom’s departure from the European Union renders the need for certainty of provision all the more pressing,” Martin Moore, Aviva’s counsel, told the court."

Can't wait to see the mental gymnastics some posters will go through to say this isn't because of Brexit.

Also:

"On Friday, NatWest, part of Royal Bank of Scotland, is due to ask a court in Edinburgh to approve its application to move £6 billion in assets and £7 billion in liabilities from Britain to its Dutch hub."

2u4v15.jpg

12 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

You are wasting your time. It’s not about reality, it’s about his feelings. 

Isn't that what opinions are though? We can go round and round in circles on here and no-one is any wiser what the future may bring.

16 minutes ago, woody2 said:

financial services are not effected by exit.........

We know, and in your world, neither is manufacturing. What’s more, Britain is about to have better trade deals than any other country in Europe. Anyone who spreads news about companies shutting down or leaving is just spreading fake news made up by bitter, anti-British remainers. Likewise, anyone who points out that the U.K. currently has no new trade deals worth mentioning is a traitor talking Britain down. 

When are you fanatics going to accept you’ve been played by the super-wealthy tax avoiders that own the papers you read? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RIchard Britten said:

Qualified opinion based on experience, training and consensus.

Which is a million miles away from Dave down the pub opinions.

Which is precisely why I don't listen to your opinion.

Edited by Lxxx