So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

I don't post for a while, come back and it's the same people with the same arguments in the same virtual echo chamber patting each other on their imaginary backs for having the same views.

It used to be a decent forum before Trump and Brexit polarised everyone, now it's black and white with no discussion over the very obvious shades of grey.

1 minute ago, Lxxx said:

I don't post for a while, come back and it's the same people with the same arguments in the same virtual echo chamber patting each other on their imaginary backs for having the same views.

It used to be a decent forum before Trump and Brexit polarised everyone, now it's black and white with no discussion over the very obvious shades of grey.

"Google it yourself" is not discussion...

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

How are you getting on with listing all the "sovereignty" we are going to get back you mentioned earlier?

Incidentally I thought this was a somewhat poor flounce:

8 hours ago, Lxxx said:

I'm not spoon feeding information to a 21 year old student on the internet. Try reading, I've got a business to run.

But then it's currently today's best i.e. only....

25 minutes ago, P.K. said:

How are you getting on with listing all the "sovereignty" we are going to get back you mentioned earlier?

did you miss less than 1 minute after the uk hoc passed an amendment the unelected eu dictators tweeted no......

#nodeal is best for the uk then it can control its laws- regs- money- spending and everything else without the unelected eu dictators say so.......

Well, you see, after lengthy negotiations the EU and U.K. made an agreement. The word ‘agreement’ can be looked up. The U.K. and EU agreed that there wouldn’t be any changes to the agreement. It was a detailed agreement that  in turn respected another agreement the U.K. had entered into called the Good Friday agreement.

After the agreement was made the EU prepared to implement the agreement, but the U.K. unilaterally voted to change the agreement, and that is why it took the EU 1 minute to say no to any changes (bolstered by the fact that they have been putting plans in place for a ‘no deal’ scenario for two years, whilst the brexiters haven’t planned so much as a pizza company with a ferry). 

Edited by Freggyragh

8 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

Well, you see, after lengthy negotiations the EU and U.K. made an agreement. The word ‘agreement’ can be looked up. The U.K. and EU agreed that there wouldn’t be any changes to the agreement. It was a detailed agreement that  in turn respected another agreement the U.K. had entered into called the Good Friday agreement.

After the agreement was made the EU prepared to implement the agreement, but the U.K. unilaterally voted to change the agreement, and that is why it took the EU 1 minute to say no to any changes (bolstered by the fact that they have been putting plans in place for a ‘no deal’ scenario for two years, whilst the brexiters haven’t planned so much as a pizza company with a ferry). 

nothing agreed until everything agreed....

passing parliament is part of that.......

backstop breaks the gfa.....

6 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

Well, you see, everything was agreed. That’s why it is called a withdrawal agreement. But, nevermind, it looks like you really want to explain how the backstop breaks the gfa, and you’re going to offer some entertaining explanation, so crack on son. 

no it wasn't mp's, mep's and member states still have to agree.... its part of the process.......

it clearly states "nothing agreed until everything agreed"....

the last talks that barmy said wouldn't reopen was the eu-usa deal...... another barmy failure.........they have just agreed to reopen talks......

#barmyfail

8 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

Barclays take GBP150m Brexit provision :( (Irish Times)

The British lender set also aside £150 million to cover possible losses related to Britain’s exit from the European Union at the end of March, following peers HSBC and Royal Bank of Scotland which in the last week announced similar provisions.

Strange...I heard that Financial Services won't be affected...

13 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Are you saying the agreement had not been endorsed by Theresa May and all the leaders of the remaining 27 countries of the EU prior to publication in November 2018? That, my friend, is a #Woodyfact. 

no it wasn't mp's, mep's and member states still have to agree.... its part of the process.......

it clearly states "nothing agreed until everything agreed"....

the last talks that barmy said wouldn't reopen was the eu-usa deal...... another barmy failure.........they have just agreed to reopen talks......

#barmyfail