So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Isn't all financial planning basically guesswork when you boil it down. Sure, they can do lots to do best predictions but they can only ever be predictions. No one (aside from Woody) can predict the future with 100% certainty.

I don't see the Barclays story as good or bad news, it is just sensible future planning by them. Hopefully they won't need to use that money but they would be irresponsible to have the provision planned in the event they do.

18 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Isn't all financial planning basically guesswork when you boil it down. Sure, they can do lots to do best predictions but they can only ever be predictions. No one (aside from Woody) can predict the future with 100% certainty.

I don't see the Barclays story as good or bad news, it is just sensible future planning by them. Hopefully they won't need to use that money but they would be irresponsible to have the provision planned in the event they do.

eh?

39 minutes ago, woody2 said:

no it wasn't mp's, mep's and member states still have to agree.... its part of the process.......

it clearly states "nothing agreed until everything agreed"....

the last talks that barmy said wouldn't reopen was the eu-usa deal...... another barmy failure.........they have just agreed to reopen talks......

#barmyfail

It is funny, but I don’t know why you set yourself up like this. You know what I do now, I show that you are mistaken, by providing a link by a credible source that confirms the EU27 member states unanimously endorsed the Withdrawal Agreement on the 25th of November 2018. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-46334649

You will now go into a funny little rant and tell me I couldn’t be more wrong. 

You are correct about the European Parliament needing to ratify the agreement, but that is only by absolute majority, with no possibility to amend anything. 

Your misunderstanding about the USA -EU talks goes back to your original misunderstanding about the word ‘agreement’. Ask a fluent English speaker to explain the word ‘agreement’ and the word ‘talks’ - you’ll find its all quite easy to follow when you understand the terminology. 

Edited by Freggyragh
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

It is funny, but I don’t know why you set yourself up like this. You know what I do now, I show that you are mistaken, by providing a link by a credible source that confirms the EU27 member states unanimously endorsed the Withdrawal Agreement on the 25th of November 2018. 

You are correct about the European Parliament needing to ratify the agreement, but that is only by absolute majority, with no possibility to amend anything. 

Your misunderstanding about the USA -EU talks goes back to your original misunderstanding about the word ‘agreement’. Ask a fluent English speaker to explain the word ‘agreement’ and the word ‘talks’ - you’ll find its all quite easy to follow when you understand the terminology. 

and you clearly haven't read the draft agreement.........

Draft Agreement on the withdrawal of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland from the European Union and the European Atomic Energy Community, as agreed at negotiators' level on 14 November 2018.

"draft" look it up freggy..........your wrong again............

nothing agreed until everything agreed....

16 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

You're the one who doesn't understand Freggy.

There are pages and pages of #WoodyChaff* pointing out that all the politicians in the European Parliament are unelected..

An unassailable #WoodyFact that one.

* Chaff (noun) worthless things; rubbish.

synonyms:  rubbish, refuse, waste, garbage, litter, debris, detritus, scrap, dross etc

10 minutes ago, P.K. said:

You're the one who doesn't understand Freggy.

There are pages and pages of #WoodyChaff* pointing out that all the politicians in the European Parliament are unelected..

An unassailable #WoodyFact that one.

* Chaff (noun) worthless things; rubbish.

synonyms:  rubbish, refuse, waste, garbage, litter, debris, detritus, scrap, dross etc

never said that.......mep's are elected......

the unelected dictator ain't........

"It is a non-elected body and I do not want the Commission to increase its powers against this House ... No. No. No."

sir maggie.........