So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

32 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Looks like Nigel Farage has forgotten he was elected as a UKIP MEP and since quitting UKIP has remained an MEP...

image.png.c4518e260915b1ad9447b4e9d9f05c4f.png

Hypocrite? 

do they have by-elections for mep's??????????????????????????

20 minutes ago, Declan said:

Like he wouldn't be calling for a people's vote now if the vote had been 52% to 48% in Remain's favour. 

then get it through parliament then you can have your vote........

the fact it has next to zero support is the problem........

9 minutes ago, woody2 said:

Yes - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_Parliament_by-elections_in_the_United_Kingdom

But that is irrelevant as by-election is an election to fill a seat that has become vacant between elections (death, disqualification, etc). At present, an elected MP or MEP leaving their political party does not require a by-election. I believe that is based on people are considered to vote for the person not the party. Personally I think it should result in a by-election as I suspect more people vote for the party than they do for the person.

Farage is being hypocritical, but as the say all publicity is good publicity.

Edited by mojomonkey

10 minutes ago, woody2 said:

then get it through parliament then you can have your vote........

the fact it has next to zero support is the problem........

I don't support a second vote. There'd need to be evidence that large numbers of the population had changed their mind from Leave to Remain. Unless a second referendum delivered a landslide victory for Remain (and it won't) there'd be no point. A narrow Leave win would lead to  accusations of a fix and moans about "project fear", probably riots and then in a few years a third referendum. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, woody2 said:

have you looked up the draft agreement yet........

we won't laugh too hard when you admit your wrong again.......

So, you’re saying the EU27 member states did not unanimously endorse the Withdrawal Agreement on the 25th of November 2018? Sorry, my misunderstanding. I thought that is what all credible news sources said at the time. My bad. So, what’s all the fuss about then? What does it matter if May has agreed and she gets Parliament to agree and the EU27 still haven’t bothered after all this time?  

I love Woodyworld.

2 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Yes - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_Parliament_by-elections_in_the_United_Kingdom

But that is irrelevant as by-election is an election to fill a seat that has become vacant between elections (death, disqualification, etc). At present, an elected MP or MEP leaving their political party does not require a by-election. I believe that is based on people are considered to vote for the person not the party. Personally I think it should result in a by-election as I suspect more people vote for the party than they do for the person.

Farage is being hypocritical, but as the say all publicity is good publicity.

No. Your link says as much. 

Because Euro elections are by proportional representation rather than first past the post, if he resigned his place would be filled by a new UKIPer. 

Just now, Declan said:

No. Your link says as much. 

Because Euro elections are by proportional representation rather than first past the post, if he resigned his place would be filled by a new UKIPer. 

How come his resignation from UKIP hasn't resulted in him losing his MEP seat then?

1 hour ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

All of what - I thought there was no effect on FInancial Services? :D

Of course the picture will change again.  In 10 or 20 years.  But in the meantime consider all the time, effort and money that was wasted in the soft-shoe Brexit shuffe.

And of course, nothing adverse will happen to the EU and its members in that time. They will just sit there in the land of milk and honey watching the mess that was once the UK.

1 hour ago, Barrie Stevens said:

The great hoot is that we in the UK are going to drag you lot down into whatever pit of snakes now awaits and there's not a durn thing you can do about it save shut your eyes and hold tight. 

Cheers for the kind thought, Bazza. You keep collecting those bennies.

17 minutes ago, Declan said:

I don't support a second vote. There'd need to be evidence that large numbers of the population had changed their mind from Leave to Remain. Unless a second referendum delivered a landslide victory for Remain (and it won't) there'd be no point. A narrow Leave win would lead to  accusations of a fix and moans about "project fear", probably riots and then in a few years a third referendum. 

Quite right. Not to mention setting the clock back to zero on half the country being at the other half's throat for another 3 years. Just sort it.

6 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

How come his resignation from UKIP hasn't resulted in him losing his MEP seat then?

I guess the rules don't require it. In fact it seems to have happened a lot this time - 

A lot have changed this period ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_members_of_the_European_Parliament_for_the_United_Kingdom,_2014–19

19 have left UKIP for the Brexit Party, the Tories, to sit as independents and one to the SDP.

2 Torries are now independents