So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

So the mighty Maybot has announced that Brexit can be delayed for two months should Parliament reject her deal and Labour have said they will support a second referendum should there proposal be rejected.  Thoughts?

Looks to me that both leaders are fighting to keep there respective parties together rather than anything else.

18 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

So the mighty Maybot has announced that Brexit can be delayed for two months should Parliament reject her deal and Labour have said they will support a second referendum should there proposal be rejected.  Thoughts?

Looks to me that both leaders are fighting to keep there respective parties together rather than anything else.

Indeed. I liked the comment that came out of the PLP meeting last night when Corbyn made this announcement. It was said that he had the enthusiasm of a hostage in a terrorist captor's video.

I have seen nothing recently to change my opinion posted here on how things will pan out.

Edited by woolley

20 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

may's trying to force the erg into her deal........

labour announced this as policy at the last conference.........so hardly news.......another fudge......

at the broxtowe rally last saturday........ people not allowed in with the eu flag........tells you a lot about corbyns love for the eu.......

1 minute ago, woody2 said:

in other news.......

the centre for european policy says.......

germany gained €2tn from the euro since 1999.......

france lost €3.6tn (€3.5 billion a week:o)

italy lost €4.3tn......

UK...?

I found this take on the situation was very good:

As anyone involved in the Good Friday agreement will tell you, principles guarantee no deal. It’s why the current Brexit negotiations between the UK and itself are going so well. Theresa May has red lines, the European Research Group (ERG) has absolute red lines, the Democratic Unionist party (DUP) has blood-red lines, and Jeremy Corbyn has blurred lines. If they all hold firm, we’re heading for a hard Brexit. And probably a united Ireland.

We were always going to end up here because Brexit has never been about Nissan X-Trails or the shape of your bananas. It’s only ever been about sovereignty. For the gammons and bowler hats on the team, the final destination has always been the top of the white cliffs of Dover dressed as Dad’s Army, straddling Dysons.

Most people in Northern Ireland voted to remain in the EU because there have only ever been two options post-Brexit – customs checks at the Irish border or in the Irish Sea. Each would cause divisions just as we were bridging the gaps (in spite of our politicians). Depressingly, there’s no way through this.

As the prime minister Maybots her way through the charade of alternative arrangements, there’s only one thing you need to know – there are no workable alternative arrangements. If there were, you’d have heard of them by now.....

Edited by P.K.

29 minutes ago, woolley said:

I have seen nothing recently to change my opinion posted here on how things will pan out.

eu27 want a deal by the next summit......... they don't want the uk to take part in election because the sir nige show will take over eu media..........

no.10 have pencilled in another vote before the end of march.......

29 minutes ago, woolley said:

That was Robin Thicke, not Jeremy Thick. Typical Guardian nonsense cut and pasted by good old PK.

The author of the piece I posted up was born in NI. His father was murdered by loyalist terrorists for no other reason than he was an easy target. They were convicted but released under the GFA.

It is somewhat depressing when #fakebrain and others claim that the issues over the border are exaggerated or whatever. Because clearly they are not.....