So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

14 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

But not even a mention of UK's contributions to the EU in £ and p? Such as, say, the £350M a week that could go into the NHS?

it's about the eurozone which the uk isn't part of.........

it clearly show how german gained through the euro.......

:rolleyes:

and the nhs is getting £394 million extra a week by the end of this month.......

Edited by woody2

15 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The author of the piece I posted up was born in NI. His father was murdered by loyalist terrorists for no other reason than he was an easy target. They were convicted but released under the GFA.

It is somewhat depressing when #fakebrain and others claim that the issues over the border are exaggerated or whatever. Because clearly they are not.....

checks happen now.......

care to tell us which part of the gfa says checks can't take place......

may's agreement breaches the gfa.......

3 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Sorry, it has been a long day.  Much spent second guessing future UK immigration requirements for EU citizens and cost modelling.

haven't you got sponsorship rights..............i thought your a big hitter............

:lol: 

to answer your question........same as now or same as non eu........depending on outcome........

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

haven't you got sponsorship rights..............i thought your a big hitter............

:lol: 

to answer your question........same as now or same as non eu........depending on outcome........

No, because we use EU and UK workers.  

Have you sorted your sponsorship out?

There is no guarantee it will be the same by the way.

4 hours ago, woody2 said:

according to the gov. that's what will happen........

I agree that this is the current advice, however, a hard (or clean if you prefer) brexit may throw this into doubt.  

It also looks like the Government are not going to update the guidance on checking an individuals right to work in the UK post-brexit which could lead employers to employ people illegally even though they have followed Government issued guidance.

23 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

I agree that this is the current advice, however, a hard (or clean if you prefer) brexit may throw this into doubt.  

It also looks like the Government are not going to update the guidance on checking an individuals right to work in the UK post-brexit which could lead employers to employ people illegally even though they have followed Government issued guidance.

or exit.....aka what people voted for.......

just treat them as you would non-eu.........simples..........

14 minutes ago, woody2 said:

or exit.....aka what people voted for.......

just treat them as you would non-eu.........simples..........

There is a difference between an exit that takes place with a deal and one in which no deal is in place as you well know.  

Depending on the nature of the exit the rules may change again and change rapidly.  As to treating them as we would non-EU workers that is exactly why I am looking at Tier 2 status - the difference being that at the moment we have no need to recruit outside the EU/UK and therefore never needed to be a sponsor organisation. 

I assume that you have seen the costs involved with obtaining a licence and producing a certificate of sponsorship?

On 2/26/2019 at 5:31 PM, woody2 said:

in other news.......

the centre for european policy says.......

germany gained €2tn from the euro since 1999.......

france lost €3.6tn (€3.5 billion a week:o)

italy lost €4.3tn......

Of course we shouldnt believe anything that W2 posts, especially when he provides no link.

However I’ve tracked it down. I’m not sure I’d rely on any research that in its opening preamble to methodology states that Ireland was one of the founders of the EU.

What he reports is a snap shot of one of the tables. But not the whole story. Not even 5%.

What it really highlights, drilling down through the very speculative figures, showing Greece as being ahead of the game, as an example, is that historically France and Italy devalued to combat inefficiencies resulting in poor productivity and lack of competitiveness, whereas German currency appreciated.

We all knew that. And that a properly run euro system would allow structural changes. The Euro, of course was not properly run. So the necessary economic restraints required to eliminate the structural issues weren’t carried through as fiscal rectitude wasn’t observed, and each central bank borrowed.

That was then exacerbated by the 2008/9 crash.

By then Germany had loaned so much to Spain, Portugal, Greece, Cyprus, Italy and Ireland, and to France, ( to enable them to buy German products they couldn’t really afford )that the traditional default and/or haircut and massive devaluations would have destabilised Germany and its banks.

Thats the real lesson, Germany won out by being locked into the € so its production costs fell, its currency was undervalued and its goods were cheaper elsewhere, whereas the others lost because they were faced with more expensive production costs, unable to devalue, so their goods became too expensive to sell. So they bought German, on money borrowed from Germany.

Legally, and strictly speaking, Ireland was a founder member of the EU which dates from 1993.

@ JW: We all knew that. And that a properly run euro system would allow structural changes. The Euro, of course was not properly run. So the necessary economic restraints required to eliminate the structural issues weren’t carried through as fiscal rectitude wasn’t observed, and each central bank borrowed.

And that, folks, is why it doesn't work and can never work. The euro is not properly run because, politically, it can't be. Human nature will not permit it. Ever. The "structural issues" are systemic.