So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

13 minutes ago, woody2 said:

:rolleyes:

according to you lot.......the uk is going to have a shortage of workers........you cant have it both ways......

What are prattling on about now? These are British workers whose jobs are potentially at risk. But still, if their suffering makes you happy who am I to judge.

Edited by mojomonkey

2 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

What are prattling on about now? These are British workers whose jobs are potentially at risk. But still, if their suffering makes you happy who am I to judge.

75% from the eu according to one factory owner on the bbc.........

:lol:

and the cost of providing services outstrips what they pay in tax..........

the eu has removed tens of thousands of jobs from the uk through eu grants.........you never mention that.......

22 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

75% what? You ain't half cryptic at times. Are you saying 75% of Mini's workforce there is not British? 

workers.......never mentioned which company........they make assembled parts for car makers...... was on the beeb last week about the fall in eu coming to the uk.....

if you can't see why these foreign companies are liars.........then your thicker than i thought.......

it's like the euro and roaming charges all over again......

the eu has removed tens of thousands of jobs from the uk through eu grants.........you never mention that.......  

40 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

We are clearly talking about Mini though, nice (typical) diversion tactics from Woody.

He wants them to leave. I would prefer them to stay, I imagine the guys working on the factory floor agree with me.

nope.......

now.......

if you can't see why these foreign companies are liars.........then your thicker than i thought.......

50 minutes ago, woody2 said:

nope.......

Woody, we were talking about the possibility of Mini leaving as that's the breaking news story at the moment. You then clearly commented on Mini, why are you trying to deny what is clearly written in posts just a few hours ago?

51 minutes ago, woody2 said:

Are you broken? You keep repeating yourself. Just saying something over and over doesn't magically attribute it to someone or mean that someone agrees with what you repeat. 

Maybe EU grants have resulted in the loss of jobs in the UK, difficult to prove or disprove. The bigger and more important question is what happens after the exit, if companies like Mini do leave where do the jobs come from? What happens to those British workers who lose their jobs? What happens to those British business that rely on supplying or supporting companies that leave? You are just negative, offering no positive solutions. I have asked before without any answer but I'll try again, what do you actually want to happen with business in the UK? Leaving the EU is an action not a solution, what is the solution to the consequences of leaving?

I want the UK to prosper, what do you want?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, woolley said:

All of this is noise around "no deal" but obviously "no deal" is not going to happen. It's all about concentrating minds to deliver (what the powers that be think) is the best outcome.

Who cares?

As long as we get rid of Johnny Foreigner that's all that matters....

The best possible economic outcome for the U.K. is remain. The best possible outcome that would also honour the crooked referendum is the withdrawal agreement agreed by May, the one that sees the UK’s national arse handed to it on a plate on March 29th, and in perpetuity thereafter. 

1 hour ago, Freggyragh said:

The best possible economic outcome for the U.K. is remain. 

I understand that this is your opinion which is diametrically opposed to mine, but as there are so many possible variables over innumerable geopolitical scenarios, we will have to wait for decades to get a true perspective with the benefit of hindsight. There is no point in us, or anyone else, continually arguing around the same old ground.

5 minutes ago, woolley said:

I understand that this is your opinion which is diametrically opposed to mine, but as there are so many possible variables over innumerable geopolitical scenarios, we will have to wait for decades to get a true perspective with the benefit of hindsight. There is no point in us, or anyone else, continually arguing around the same old ground.

Ah yes.

Stretch out the timeframe as long as possible to play the "wait and see" card.

Expected better. Probably the fault of the civil servants....

14 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Ah yes.

Stretch out the timeframe as long as possible to play the "wait and see" card.

Expected better. Probably the fault of the civil servants....

How can you expect better than reality? I'm sorry that you cannot have instant gratification in matters such as this. By definition it has not yet happened and it has to play out. Take note of the wisdom of Zhou Enlai.

https://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2011/06/it-is-too-soon-to-tell-the-real-story.html

Whichever French uprising he was referring to.