So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

why is it they only cover 11% of  trade then.........

the eu is terrible at doing trade deals.....

the uk has no sovereignty as proven by the recent commons vote which the eu dismissed in seconds......

Try 16% of world trade compared to China at 17% and the USA at 14%. That means the EU carries an awful lot of trading clout.

When the UK exits that major trading bloc it will drop to at least 10th and probably 11th with appropriate loss of influence. What a smart move that is....

Not.

"the recent commons vote which the eu dismissed in seconds....."   link?

26 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Try 16% of world trade compared to China at 17% and the USA at 14%. That means the EU carries an awful lot of trading clout.

When the UK exits that major trading bloc it will drop to at least 10th and probably 11th with appropriate loss of influence. What a smart move that is....

Not.

"the recent commons vote which the eu dismissed in seconds....."   link?

eu trade deals cover 11% of uk trade........

the vote in which parliament said it would except the withdrawal agreement if the illegal backstop was removed.....

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

wrong.....

the data says otherwise......

I agree that the unemployment figures look good at the moment but as the UK has not yet left the EU we are not seeing a true picture.  There is a lot hinging on whether or not the UK leaves with a deal or not. 

It will take months for the full effect of companies withdrawing from the UK to be felt.  There will be the initial impact on those employed by these businesses but it will take time for the supply chains to fully adjust.  I think that within a year of Brexit we will have a better idea of how the UK is going to do with whatever the relationship with the EU becomes.  

I know your argument is that less EU immigrants means more work for UK workers but there could be a contraction in the job market that leads to fewer jobs all around.  I hope that is not the case.

Just remember in the same way that you argue that those in favour or remaining or a deal cannot predict the future you cannot use today's data to say that the future will be the same because the UK is about to go through a significant period of change.

5 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

I agree that the unemployment figures look good at the moment but as the UK has not yet left the EU we are not seeing a true picture.  There is a lot hinging on whether or not the UK leaves with a deal or not. 

It will take months for the full effect of companies withdrawing from the UK to be felt.  There will be the initial impact on those employed by these businesses but it will take time for the supply chains to fully adjust.  I think that within a year of Brexit we will have a better idea of how the UK is going to do with whatever the relationship with the EU becomes.  

I know your argument is that less EU immigrants means more work for UK workers but there could be a contraction in the job market that leads to fewer jobs all around.  I hope that is not the case.

Just remember in the same way that you argue that those in favour or remaining or a deal cannot predict the future you cannot use today's data to say that the future will be the same because the UK is about to go through a significant period of change.

if you want a true picture then look at the state of the eu........

the uk's standing at the moment is nothing to do with the eu......its been held back......

more jobs have come to the uk than left.....

i have no problem with people coming who have a job.......never have.......its the benefit claimants the uk doesn't need......

i can easily say which is best........staying in the eu paying more money with zero say- nah.........may's agreement- nah.......leaving the eu is far better for the uk.......

It’s 2019 Woody. These lies from 2016 were exposed as lies at the time. Even the dark money bots and the collaborationist mouth breathers who couldn’t be arsed to look any further into how, why and for whose profit they are being played stopped re-posting this nonsense years ago.

Cadbury is a subsidiary company of US multinational Kraft. The EU did not fund Kraft’s takeover of Cadbury. The EU did not fund Kraft to move production to Poland. 

Outsourcing and relocation is a feature of multinational capitalism. “US company Ford opened a factory in Turkey and closed a Factory in Southampton” is a true statement. “US company Ford opened a factory in Turkey and closed a Factory in Southampton with EU funding” is a lie.

Ford partially funded the relocation with a loan from the European Investment Bank.

Are you angry that a blue-chip American company took out a commercial loan with the EIB? Or are you angry because you refuse to understand what actually happened. 

JLR (Tata) and Peugeot got their grants for new factories in Slovakia from the Slovakian Government, not from the EU. 

It was the U.K. government’s MoD that commissioned US company General Dynamics to build the Ajax fighting vehicle in 2010, ahead of competition from BAE who would have built their version in Newcastle. General Dynamics purchased the technology and Madrid factory for the Ajax in 2001 from Spanish company  Santa Bárbara Sistemas. Although it made sense to stay in Spain, GD could have produced the Ajax anywhere. Thanks to massive EU funding of infrastructure and training in South Wales, and a £390M U.K. Government grant to be paid out over ten years, GD bought a factory in Pentrebach, South Wales in 2015, Thales U.K. has won the contract to produce the sight system, Meggit U.K. will produce the ammo handling system, and production of the some of the new turret designs has shifted from German company Rheinmetall to Lockheed Martin UK. When the new U.K. Ajax vehicles start rolling off the production line later this year you can safely say that the Ajax and similar variants produced for the MoD are all at least 80% manufactured and assembled in the U.K., and that the EU, through regional development grants, assisted in moving those jobs from Spain to South Wales.

I could go through the whole list and point out how each of Woody’s allegations (cut and pasted from some drunk-the-kool-aid leaver blog is complete nonsense - but there is no point in looking into how claims like ‘Dyson gone to Malaysia, with an EU loan‘ is anything more than ‘Dyson is able to take out a loan with the EIB and shift production to country with very low levels of tax and labour and environmental protections’. The EIB is a bank, it lends money in return for interest. Your problem is that you can neither understand the difference between a non repayable grant and a commercial loan, nor the business of a bank and the purpose of a development fund. 

Edited by Freggyragh

22 minutes ago, woody2 said:

eu trade deals cover 11% of uk trade........

Complete and utter drivel.

In 2017 44% of total UK exports went to the EU and 53% of total UK imports came from the EU. 

31 minutes ago, woody2 said:

The vote in which parliament said it would except the withdrawal agreement if the illegal backstop was removed.....

WE OPTED TO LEAVE THEM NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND !!!!!!!!

Jeeeeze - like trying to swim in treacle....

11 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Fakenews, not in recession.

What is your obsession with Germany anyway? Did they bomb your chippy or something?

it is if you remove the ecb funding from germanys income.......

250000 unsold cars just from vw alone......