So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

3 minutes ago, woody2 said:

it is if you remove the ecb funding from germanys income.......

250000 unsold cars just from vw alone......

I’ll continue to base my understanding of recession on actual GDP figures thanks, you can stick to twisting things to suit your woodyfacts if you wish. I want the UK to prosper and I want Germany to prosper, I can’t see why those two things have to be mutually exclusive. What do you actually want?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, woody2 said:

if you want a true picture then look at the state of the eu........

the uk's standing at the moment is nothing to do with the eu......its been held back......

more jobs have come to the uk than left.....

i have no problem with people coming who have a job.......never have.......its the benefit claimants the uk doesn't need......

i can easily say which is best........staying in the eu paying more money with zero say- nah.........may's agreement- nah.......leaving the eu is far better for the uk.......

Problem with that is you have no evidence to back up your claim that the UK would be better off if it was not currently in the EU.  It is pure speculation unless you have access to a parallel universe.  

The fact is that the UK is and remains a member of the EU up until the 29th March (assuming nothing changes in the weeks ahead).  Until brexit happens then we are all guessing as to what may or may not happen.

I have said before on this thread that I hope I am wrong and that the UK is more successful in future but so far I have seen nothing that would convince me that this will be the case.  Don't forget even JRM said it could be 50 years before we see any benefit. 

28 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

Cadbury is a subsidiary company of US multinational Kraft. The EU did not fund Kraft’s takeover of Cadbury. The EU did not fund Kraft to move production to Poland. 

Cadbury was not owned by Kraft when the decision to move production to Poland was made.  Kraft just ended up taking the blame for a decision which had been enacted prior to their takeover.  

The reason for moving production was linked to a number of factors including;

• The cost of employing people in Britain.  Cadbury traditionally paid good wages and provided employees with a lot of benefits which they could avoid by moving production overseas;
  • An old factory full of asbestos.  This made it hard and costly to introduce new production lines especially where building alterations were required as it meant they also had to remove the asbestos.  The age of the building and it's construction (brick) also meant that maintenance costs were high;

At the time I last visited the Keynsham factory they were still packing Curly Wurly's by hand.

29 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

I’ll continue to base my understanding of recession on actual GDP figures thanks, you can stick to twisting things to suit your woodyfacts if you wish. I want the UK to prosper and I want Germany to prosper, I can’t see why those two things have to be mutually exclusive. What do you actually want?

you didn't believe the german growth figures the other day.......now your referencing them.......

:whistling:

take the ecb funds out=recession.......

Are you saying that the U.K. has been able to trade with places like Saudia Arabia and the US all along, and the only things stopping these trade with these countries from developing into comprehensive free trade deals with the EU are the gross human rights violations (SA) and huge subsidies, low standards of food production,   differing health, safety and data protection standards, and unwillingness to agree to neutral arbitration procedures (US)? Do you want the U.K. to sign free trade deals that make a mockery of the UKs long history of supporting basic human rights going back to the campaigns against slavery, or that guarantee unfair economic advantage for the other side? 

10 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Problem with that is you have no evidence to back up your claim that the UK would be better off if it was not currently in the EU.  It is pure speculation unless you have access to a parallel universe.  

The fact is that the UK is and remains a member of the EU up until the 29th March (assuming nothing changes in the weeks ahead).  Until brexit happens then we are all guessing as to what may or may not happen.

I have said before on this thread that I hope I am wrong and that the UK is more successful in future but so far I have seen nothing that would convince me that this will be the case.  Don't forget even JRM said it could be 50 years before we see any benefit. 

yes i do.......look at the eurozone all in a mess........the top 2 out of the g7 are doing far better with zero eu ties......

3 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

Are you saying that the U.K. has been able to trade with places like Saudia Arabia and the US all along, and the only things stopping these trade with these countries from developing into comprehensive free trade deals with the EU are the gross human rights violations (SA) and huge subsidies, low standards of food production,   differing health, safety and data protection standards, and unwillingness to agree to neutral arbitration procedures (US)? Do you want the U.K. to sign free trade deals that make a mockery of the UKs long history of supporting basic human rights going back to the campaigns against slavery, or that guarantee unfair economic advantage for the other side? 

that's the eu.......

3 hours ago, woody2 said:

yes- it's the best outcome for the uk.......

mays agreement is suicide.......so is staying.......

what will happen is another matter.......

mays agreement guarantees nothing about future trade........so it hear ze german bmw say otherwise is just bullsh1t......

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

i can easily say which is best........staying in the eu paying more money with zero say- nah.........may's agreement- nah.......leaving the eu is far better for the uk.......

3 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

See you're still avoiding answering the question about what you actually want?

learn to read......no deal is better for the uk......

10 minutes ago, woody2 said:

when i posted the growth figures over 5 quarters.......

You were talking nonsense then and still are. As before you are failing to understand that GDP percentages are relative, you can only use them as a true means of comparison if the starting point is the same. As I highlighted previously, the starting point isn’t the same, the GDP of Germany is around 1.5 times larger than the UK. Even if you were to use the growth figures from just one quarter (I can’t think of any economist that would, they would look at a much larger trend) then it would still take a rather long time for the culmination of 1.3% growth to catch the culmination of 0.6% growth.

German GDP growth figures for the last five quarters:

4th quarter 2017: 0.5%

1st quarter 2018: 0.4%

2nd quarter 2018: 0.5%

3rd quarter 2018: -0.2%

4th quarter 2018: 0%

Source: https://tradingeconomics.com/germany/gdp-growth

I’m not seeing any recession (accepted definition of two consecutive quarters with negative growth) there.

45 minutes ago, woody2 said:

yes i do.......look at the eurozone all in a mess........the top 2 out of the g7 are doing far better with zero eu ties......

The eurozone is not the EU as you well know...

You are saying that the UK has been held back by the EU.  I am saying that you have no evidence to back up that claim as the UK has and remains an EU member until the 29th March.  

You can point all you like to the eurozone but that is not evidence that the UK would be better off outside the EU.