So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

23 minutes ago, woody2 said:

latest growth predictions out for 2019.......

Good news, whose predictions are they? Any chance of a link so we can all look at them

23 minutes ago, woody2 said:

mojo will be along shortly to tell us economists don't use growth to compare countries......

even though they do.......

I’ve never said the economist don’t use GDP, I have simply highlighted that it is not as simple as you appear to make out and comparison solely based on growth figures is not actually all that useful. As per usual you are failing to understand the point I made, but I suspect you are doing it deliberately. Little Johnny has 10 apples, he is then given ten percent more. Whereas little Susan has 15 apples, she is then given five percent more. Who has the most apples?

9 hours ago, P.K. said:

And I'll hide behind my grammatical faux pas so I can conveniently forget to try and challenge Freggy's post because it's just a little bit too close to the truth......

No. All Freggy has done with his links is to substantiate the existence of the scare stories I listed. No matter what the source he links to, they are still scare stories because those things are never going to happen. For example: " Up until the 19th of December 2018 there was no agreement that U.K. planes could fly to the EU in the event of no-deal - so it was a legitimate concern. Do you have a link to a Remain source saying there would definitely be no planes flying to and from the EU after Brexit?" You don't need a link because it was everywhere. All over the media, on the Beeb, in the papers. It is not "a legitimate concern" because you and I know that it is not in anybody's interests and therefore it is not going to happen. Same with all the rest of these scares. They are simply there to frighten people, particularly the young who know no better, into thinking that we need to cleave to the EU in a hostile world.

As for the pound collapsing, Freggy is doing what he accuses others of doing. Making an expansive claim and then backing it up with just a little bit of truth. The pound did not "collapse". Yes it certainly dropped, but that was hardly unprecedented. I know exactly what it is every day in the course of my business. In the past decade it has had a similar exchange rate to the euro as it has this week in every year - and lower in most years - except 2015 and 2016. The long term problem with the exchange rate will be how to stop it going through the roof.

As for nobody from remain saying the economy would collapse in 2016 immediately after a leave vote well, the man himself, Gideon came pretty close: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/524967/hm_treasury_analysis_the_immediate_economic_impact_of_leaving_the_eu_web.pdf

11 minutes ago, P.K. said:

It seems they have learned nothing from the Windrush complete and utter shambles.

Another new nadir for the HO.

Remainer Whitehall dirty tricks campaign to try to discredit leaving the EU. Absolutely no need for this type of nonsense. Who asked for that?

21 minutes ago, woolley said:

Remainer Whitehall dirty tricks campaign to try to discredit leaving the EU. Absolutely no need for this type of nonsense. Who asked for that?

Ah yes. All those Scribbling Servants undermining Brexit just like the ones you blame for it not turning out to be quite how it was supposed to do.

Quite....

1 hour ago, mojomonkey said:

Good news, whose predictions are they? Any chance of a link so we can all look at them

I’ve never said the economist don’t use GDP, I have simply highlighted that it is not as simple as you appear to make out and comparison solely based on growth figures is not actually all that useful. As per usual you are failing to understand the point I made, but I suspect you are doing it deliberately. Little Johnny has 10 apples, he is then given ten percent more. Whereas little Susan has 15 apples, she is then given five percent more. Who has the most apples?

OECD forecasts for economic growth in 2019

UK +0.8%

Germany +0.7%

it's what every economist use........clearly you don't know better........

9 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Ah yes. All those Scribbling Servants undermining Brexit just like the ones you blame for it not turning out to be quite how it was supposed to do.

Quite....

like handing ferry contracts to irish backed shipping companies who copy terms off a fast food shop.......

:whistling:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, woody2 said:

OECD forecasts for economic growth in 2019

UK +0.8%

Germany +0.7%

So no recession then, glad you finally agree on that one. Good to see both countries growing, I want the UK to prosper and I want Germany to prosper. What do you want?

Where exactly on their website, I can only find this: https://data.oecd.org/gdp/real-gdp-forecast.htm and the most recent forecasts appear to be from November 2018 (including the amusing assumption of a smooth EU exit for the UK).

http://www.oecd.org/unitedkingdom/united-kingdom-economic-forecast-summary.htm

http://www.oecd.org/germany/germany-economic-forecast-summary.htm

Little Johnny has 2.622 trillion apples and Little Suzy has 3.677 trillion apples. Little Johnny receives 0.8% more apples and little Suzy receives 0.7% more apples, who has the most apples?

5 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

So no recession then, glad you finally agree on that one. Good to see both countries growing, I want the UK to prosper and I want Germany to prosper. What do you want?

Where exactly on their website, I can only find this: https://data.oecd.org/gdp/real-gdp-forecast.htm and the most recent forecasts appear to be from November 2018 (including the amusing assumption of a smooth EU exit for the UK).

http://www.oecd.org/unitedkingdom/united-kingdom-economic-forecast-summary.htm

http://www.oecd.org/germany/germany-economic-forecast-summary.htm

Little Johnny has 2.622 trillion apples and Little Suzy has 3.677 trillion apples. Little Johnny receives 0.8% more apples and little Suzy receives 0.7% more apples, who has the most apples?

you still don't get growth figures.......

:lol:

we don't know what bailout  the ecb will do for ze germans......

still in recession........

1 hour ago, mojomonkey said:

Errrrr....

Henry Westons?

Don't bother. As someone told me recently #Woodyfacts are unassailable because Woody2 has clear and obvious comprehension and literacy issues and suffers from cognitive dissonance. You can take him and show him the facts, but his belief set won’t allow him to process and accept anything that demonstrates the falsity of his dogma. 

So eg when I point out that the fact that out of the 50% UK food shortfall some 30% comes from the EU predictably enough W2 counters this with the argument that the EU imports some of that food from elsewhere. Of course no facts are produced to back this up but it's probably true which is enough for W2 to dismiss the whole premise.

Sound familiar from this thread?

It should....

PS - the EU produces it's own bananas which are bent and not straight. So which nickname would you give them - Farages, Goves or Johnsons?

When mentioning those three I think the latter has a certain resonance about it

3 hours ago, woolley said:

You don't need a link because it was everywhere. All over the media, on the Beeb, in the papers. 

So, you’ll have no problem finding a link. One will do, otherwise I’m still calling bullshit on your ludicrous claims.

As for the pound collapsing, Freggy is doing what he accuses others of doing. Making an expansive claim and then backing it up with just a little bit of truth. The pound did not "collapse". Yes it certainly dropped, but that was hardly unprecedented. I know exactly what it is every day in the course of my business. In the past decade it has had a similar exchange rate to the euro as it has this week in every year - and lower in most years - except 2015 and 2016. The long term problem with the exchange rate will be how to stop it going through the roof.

OK, ‘collapse’ (my word) is a bit strong, what Osbourne, Mr Remain, predicted in handy link provided is that sterling would be ‘weaker’. 

As for nobody from remain saying the economy would collapse in 2016 immediately after a leave vote well, the man himself, Gideon came pretty close: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/524967/hm_treasury_analysis_the_immediate_economic_impact_of_leaving_the_eu_web.pdf

There’s nothing in there to say the economy would collapse, it predicts a shock, not a collapse: GDP would fall by 3.6%, unemployment would rise by 500,000 and sterling would be weaker and borrowing would increase. The premise for these predictions being Article 50 trigged the day after the vote. So, Gideon’s predictions weren’t very accurate, but they were based on a different order of events. You can decide for yourself if they were honest assessments or not, then consider the leaver nonsense about holding all the cards, the easiest deal in history, x number of trade deals ready for the day we leave, direct negotiations with heads of state, German carmakers dictating the outcomes, the magical border, getting rid of red-tape, staying in Euratom, staying in the Single Market, having cake and eating it, the E.U. whistling for the settlement bill, etc, etc. 

9 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

It was failing Grayling, a leaver idiot, who did that. 

POLICE facing a nationwide knife crime epidemic are to get much less than the cost of fixing one of Chris Grayling’s regular fuck-ups.

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/police-to-get-less-than-a-third-of-one-of-graylings-fuck-ups-20190307183281