So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

8 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

I’ll just go by what he said at the time.

The Woolster is just sniffing around for leverage that he can use to blame the Scribbling Service for every new Brexit clusterfuck that comes along....

24 minutes ago, woolley said:

It's not all about trade, for goodness sake. You see nothing other than narrow trading issues.

Fine by me.

Let's discuss the non-existent "Taking back control of our borders" then.....

I think you’ll find the only real economic arguments the leavers have left are their predictions of doom and gloom for the eurozone. 

I agree that the eurozone is a flawed setup, but the nine countries in the E.U. but not in the eurozone, such as the U.K., have the best of both worlds. The U.K. currently has the perfect Germany + deal. It also has an agreement that it would not have to contribute to any future eurozone bailout, and would be proportionally reimbursed if any funds from the central EU budget we’re to be used for such a bailout.

Nevertheless, if the euro were to fail, there are 19 countries in the Eurozone and being in an economic union with them would not be much fun.  

But can we be sure that sterling will always be stable, considering the expected decline of its reserve currency status inline with the predicted loss of gdp in the immediate post-brexit era? Isn’t there a possibility that if the value of sterling were to appreciate against the Euro it would have to be capped like the Swiss Franc is?  Nobody is arguing for less trade with eurozone states, even after brexit, and if the euro failed wouldn’t it be just as difficult for the UK whether it was inside or outside the EU. 

Even when I factor in the possibility of the end of the euro, (which I think, is a real danger, especially for the weaker eurozone states) I still think brexit is a very bad move. 

So, why are economically literate people still peddling known lies and nonsense to try and justify brexit? I think that the real reason is that it is an expression of English nationalism.

I sympathise with their need to express their identity. British pre-Saxon culture and language seems to belong exclusively to the ‘Celts’ and ownership of post-Saxon language and culture seems to belong as much to North America, Oceania and the Rest if the World as it does to England itself. Post empire, the English have an identity problem, and many of them seem to have become be uniquely offended by people expressing other identities. They aren’t ready to share sovereignty with Johnny Foreigner so soon after losing an empire. If Brexit helps the English find themselves, then that might well be a positive outcome - for the English. Whether the rest of the U.K. and the CDs can put up with the English whilst they get over themselves remains to be seen, but I sincerely hope that we can. 

Edited by Freggyragh

12 hours ago, pongo said:

No he doesn't. 

The fact that the nutters are now calling Raab a 'remoaner' (he was until recently one of their heroes)* shows that they are now turning on each other. Which is what always happens with ideological political fringes.

* Ditto Fox

never heard of him until recently.......and he does support both......

9 hours ago, P.K. said:

Now who has posted up this link? Very unusual for Woody2. Let's see what it contains.

Well would you believe it!

Origins of food consumed in the UK:

UK  -  50%

EU  -  30%

Africa  -  4%

North America  -  4%

South America   -  4%

Asia  -  4%

Rest of Europe  -  2%

Australasia  -  1%

Nice irony that one of the few links Woody2 posts up reveals Woody2 is posting nonsense. Little wonder he rarely uses links!

Anyway Game, Set, Match and back on "Ignore" because whenever I try and enter into a dialogue with Woody I feel my will to live just ebbing away....

that's not what you said........

18 hours ago, P.K. said:

the 50% UK food shortfall some 30% comes from the EU

germans panic Vs cool british......

Last month, Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff said Brexit was "a major concern" and that "any major disruption with borders can massively damage the F1 industry in the UK".

Wolff described a no-deal Brexit as "a nightmare scenario I don't even want to envisage" and said the uncertainty around what will happen was "the mother of all messes".

But Brawn said he was not worried about the risk to F1 from Brexit.

"There will be some bureaucracy that will come from Brexit, which is a bit painful," Brawn said, "but apart from that, I'm sure we can make lots of arguments for the negatives and positives, but F1 teams are pretty resourceful and capable and this is not going to stop them racing."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/47490727

:whistling:

14 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

So why are economically literate people still peddling known lies and nonsense to try and justify brexit? I think that the real reason is that it is an expression of English nationalism.

I have been forced to conclude that Brexit is an expression of English bigotry and racism.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Got to get the priorities right :lol:

• Haha 1