So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

10 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Are you unable to read English? It is down to the European Council (Tusk is President of the European Council) in agreement with member states. Those member states are the 27 members of the EU.

unless the European Council, in agreement with the Member State concerned, unanimously decides to extend this period."

No, the Member State ( no “s” ) is the UK.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The pair of you please read the quote posted by mojo. 

Its the EU Council, not the EU27 countries individually, or the EU, that unanimously agrees extension with the Member State ( singular-not plural, please note. I.e. the country which gave Art 50 notice) concerned. 

Thats why the EU Council meeting on 21 March is important.

and who is the eu council......its the 27 members..........

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

so you want to fix the ref. outcome before a vote.......

no need for may's deal to be on any vote if it can't get through parliament.......

Where did I say I wanted to fix the vote?  I simply said that it would be very difficult for Parliament to agree on what the question should be for a second referendum and explained why I think that would be the case.

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

85 to 334 against another referendum

:lol:

Not a surprise at this stage - as you posted before even the People's Vote campaign had said that the time was not right for a vote on this.

31 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Not a surprise at this stage - as you posted before even the People's Vote campaign had said that the time was not right for a vote on this.

and it still wouldn't get through.......

32 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Where did I say I wanted to fix the vote?  I simply said that it would be very difficult for Parliament to agree on what the question should be for a second referendum and explained why I think that would be the case.

all refs. are bias......the last one in testing showed it was pro-remain and they still lost.......

may's deal can't get through parliament so no point in including it unless you wanted to run a corrupt ref.....

16 minutes ago, John Wright said:

No, it’s down to the EU Council, an institution of the EU, in this case consisting of heads of government.

wish you’d make your mind up

it down to the 27....

"but any delay has to be agreed by the 27 other EU member states."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47576813

as i have said all along.......

A spokesman for the European Commission said extending Article 50, the mechanism taking the UK out of the EU on 29 March, would need the "unanimous agreement" of all states.

And it would be for the leaders of those states "to consider such a request, giving priority to the need to ensure the functioning of the EU institutions and taking into account the reasons for and duration of a possible extension".

Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker was "in constant contact with all leaders," the spokesman added.

Edited by woody2

Back to the topic of the thread. Sturgeon faces a dilemma in that the SNP is supposed to be in favour of Scottish Independence, but to keep in with the majority of Scotland they need to oppose Brexit, all the while knowing that unless Brexit happens another Indyref can’t be triggered. 

Meanwhile, in Ireland, Fine Gael, Fianna Fáil, Sinn Féin and almost all political parties in the Republic are supposed to be in favour of a United Ireland, but only Sinn Féin, a mostly Northern party, is demanding a border poll just now. Northern Ireland is a failed state. After nearly a 100 years of partition, brutality, religious and cultural bigotry, violence, corruption and thuggery its psychological state is even worse that its economy. Britain is prepared to spaff literally billions up the wall trying to keep its failed colony at least half red, white and blue. Ireland isn’t too keen to lift that burden from the British just yet. 

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/southerners-should-be-careful-what-they-wish-for-with-a-border-poll-1.3823289?mode=amp

Edited by Freggyragh
  • Like 1