So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

With thanks to wrighty, who drew this to my attention elsewhere

What to do next?

Quietly withdraw Art 50

Tell Woody2* we left with no deal

Send Woody2 a blue passport cover

Make Woody2 stand in long immigration and customs queues for blue passport holders at ports/airports

Issue Woody2 with ration books for food and medicine

Charge Woody2 roaming for Data and calls

The rest of us continue to enjoy the benefits of membership of the EU

*Woody2 is a representative of all Brexiteers

• Like 1

Meanwhile, Liam Fox has some trade news. I’d advise not drinking while reading, unless you want to spray your keyboard / phone:

From @LiamFox 

BREAKING: Our negotiators have just initialled a trade agreement with Iceland & Norway for the European Economic Area. This is the 2nd biggest agreement we're rolling over and trade with EEA is worth nearly £30bn. This is on top of the agreement we’ve signed with Liechtenstein.

So that’s on top of a deal with a country with  less than half the population of the IOM. And worse yet, just like the Switzerland deal, the EEA deal doesn’t cover services. Norwegian media reports that the agreement of today only covers tariffs in the event of no deal. That is very far from a roll-over of the current EEA arrangement, which includes services, capital, non-tariff barriers etc. The Norwegians are also gloating that the UK will unilaterally accept technical standards of Norwgian and Icelandic products, but not the other way around. 

‘Whale meat again, don’t know where don’t know when, but we’ll eat whale meat again some sunny day.’

Edited by Freggyragh

9 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

If your name is Liam Fox it's a significant victory though.

Good point, but he and his department have been drawing salaries and jetting around the world for nearly three years and all he has to show for it is a few agreements with small countries that are significantly worse than the ones they are replacing. That, my friend, is money spaffed up a wall worse than the Garden Bridge. 

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

yet he has allowed multiple votes on other motions........ 

When I heard John Bercow's decision I could just imagine you apoplectic with rage.

Of course, what you are ignoring is that this convention is some 400 years old so really the Government should have been aware that the exact same proposals cannot be made in the same sitting of Parliament.  The other motions, to the best of my knowledge, have all varied in their detail much as the Withdrawal Agreement (version 1) and Withdrawal Agreement (version 2) did.

It appears that Theresa May (and possibly you) would like to continue to vote on the same question until she gets the "right" answer.  Now I am sure that I have heard the argument on these very pages that to do this is undemocratic.... 

15 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

When I heard John Bercow's decision I could just imagine you apoplectic with rage.

Of course, what you are ignoring is that this convention is some 400 years old so really the Government should have been aware that the exact same proposals cannot be made in the same sitting of Parliament.  The other motions, to the best of my knowledge, have all varied in their detail much as the Withdrawal Agreement (version 1) and Withdrawal Agreement (version 2) did.

It appears that Theresa May (and possibly you) would like to continue to vote on the same question until she gets the "right" answer.  Now I am sure that I have heard the argument on these very pages that to do this is undemocratic.... 

how wrong are you.....

i think its a fantastic move........

it just a shame he didn't apply the same rules to other motions......

extending art.50 x3.....

labours proposal x3.....

withdrawing art.50 x2.....

cooper motion x2.......

:whistling: