So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

10 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

Looks like an extension until the 22nd May if the Withdrawal Agreement is approved by the HoC next week, and an extension until the 12th April if the Withdrawal Agreement is not approved.

wot no ge or ref.2 as the eu said was required........

fos.........

8 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

It's better to be in the tent, pissing out...and you can't effect any change when you've exiled and ostracised yourself whilst remaining bound to certain terms and conditions.

This period has massively reduced the UK's standing in the international view IMHO. Shown to be a fragmented, divided nation, riven with political and class self-interest incapable of presenting a unified, negotiating front on the most important decision in a generation. Nobody in this world will take the UK seriously again. Unless we send an aircraft carrier to the South China Sea of course :whatever:

It is/has been a watershed. The EU must by now regard UK Govt in the same way as UK Govt regard IoM. A collection of disorganised, backwater, hickey amateurs.

It is called taking back control....

11 hours ago, woolley said:

You aren't making a good case for staying in............

It's a better case than this myth of "taking back control".

AKA preserving the status quo for the tax avoidance classes.

5 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Ah, the smell of napalm in the morning....I am rather looking forward to lots and lots of trouble...I imagine life will be like Xmas day in East Enders...

now remember the remoans said that the only trouble will be if the uk leaves the eu......

:whistling:

12 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

It's better to be in the tent, pissing out...and you can't effect any change when you've exiled and ostracised yourself whilst remaining bound to certain terms and conditions.

it's more of a golden shower.......

watchout for the follow through......

I will need to do a little research but I read earlier that the default legal position may not in fact be a "hard brexit". 

The opinion that I saw was that it would actually require an act of Parliament to take the UK out of the EU without a deal and that Act's already passed by Parliament are not sufficient enough to do so. 

I’ve only just ventured beyond the realm of the Local News forum so have only read the last dozen or so pages on this thread.

I think it’s clear that May’s deal won’t go through and that the only people who actually want a no deal Brexit are disaster capitalists and people who are a bit hard of thinking.

Whether you’re for leave or remain the only sensible option seems to me to be to revoke Article 50 allowing time for a general election so HMG can return to Brussels to begin a re-negotiation without the Damoclean sword of Article 50 hanging over everyone’s head.

If the EU pull the ‘we won’t negotiate unless Article 50 is triggered’ stunt again we can simply gerrymander with our veto until they agree to come to the table.

Or realise that remaining within the EU is probably the best deal available.