So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

On 1/27/2017 at 5:18 PM, woody2 said:

the main trade is banking which is unchanged, exports of goods will stay the same if not higher

the eu is about to reduce by 1/5 and lose its major customer

50% of my business is outside the eu and growing

Just going to leave this here as a reminder and the implied attitude that you have to those who stand to be made worse off by Brexit.

8 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Just going to leave this here as a reminder and the implied attitude that you have to those who stand to be made worse off by Brexit.

the eu is dying.....it's a big profitable world out there.......it's easy to trade outside the eu......

its no wonder you love the eu......you want to pay forever more for a norway deal when you could have it for free with the backstop.......

zero evidence that the uk would be worse off........

taf

Edited by woody2
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Remember that the EU does not want the UK to leave (although they are getting fed up of the indecision in Parliament and Theresa May's vacuous words).  If they believe that there are other "less destructive" options then they will consider them.  You, and the other hardliners, won't like this though as that puts the negotiating power with the EU and any other form of Brexit will probably mean that we truly become rule takers and not the rule makers that we have been.

Of course they don't want the UK to leave. They want the money! For "less destructive" read "less costly to the EU". You are correct though. What idiot MPs are talking about, options such as Brexit but with a customs union and/or single market is nonsense. Worse than being a full member. Pay up but no control. All it achieves is getting THEM off the hook. Typical MPs!

5 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Imagine that the indicative votes show that there is a form of Brexit that Parlianent will support - a Noway model perhaps - then that changes everything with the EU as the Maybots red lines become irrelevant. 

Yes, but that is the worst of all worlds. Existing government negotiated deal far better, and in fact if they did Norway they would STILL have to pass the withdrawal deal first. The argument from Labour is totally phoney.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, woody2 said:

which bit of non-binding votes don't you understand........

it's not up to parliament......the power is with the  executive......

if they want a norway type deal then its better to let the backstop kick in.........=zero money to pay.......

what labour wants is the same as the wa.......but are trying to get a ge out of it.......

the eu doesn't care if the uk leaves......it just wants money.......

Absolutely spot on. Labour wants to pay for what we could have free of charge. That's left wing Labour for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, woolley said:

Yes, but that is the worst of all worlds. Existing government negotiated deal far better, and in fact if they did Norway they would STILL have to pass the withdrawal deal first. The argument from Labour is totally phoney.

Despite woody2 believing that I am in favour of a Norway model I do agree with you.  The Norway model is worse than being a member of the EU and as a result would not satisfy people like me who believe that it is better to try and reform the EU from within or people like yourself who I believe feels that the EU is a lost cause and that it is much better to leave. 

• Like 1

I did like a snippet I saw overnight that MPs were fretting on when the Statutory Instrument would be introduced to change the law and stop UK "crashing out" of the EU on Friday. They were told "Calm down, guys. It's already been done at EU level, so your law doesn't matter anyway." :D

But it's only an innocent free trade zone...........

8 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Despite woody2 believing that I am in favour of a Norway model I do agree with you.  The Norway model is worse than being a member of the EU and as a result would not satisfy people like me who believe that it is better to try and reform the EU from within or people like yourself who I believe feels that the EU is a lost cause and that it is much better to leave. 

The EU really would be pissing themselves if we insisted on continuing to pay full contributions for a state of affairs that we can have for nothing under the WA. Absolutely unbelievable freaking morons.

2 minutes ago, woolley said:

I did like a snippet I saw overnight that MPs were fretting on when the Statutory Instrument would be introduced to change the law and stop UK "crashing out" of the EU on Friday. They were told "Calm down, guys. It's already been done at EU level, so your law doesn't matter anyway." :D

But it's only an innocent free trade zone...........

Although it does illustrate why some of us have more faith in the competency of Eurocrats than we have in Machiavellian behaviour of  Rees-Mogg, Fox, Gove and Boris. We've been saved temporarily from crashing out due to the fanatical wing of the Tory Party's games, thanks to European efficiency.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Declan said:

Although it does illustrate why some of us have more faith in the competency of Eurocrats than we have in Machiavellian behaviour of  Rees-Mogg, Fox, Gove and Boris. We've been saved temporarily from crashing out due to the fanatical wing of the Tory Party's games, thanks to European efficiency.

This is a serious point. It would appear that a considerable portion of the British believe that their interests are best served by being run from Europe rather than running their own affairs as an independent state. This is bizarre and worrying for future generations.

I believe Hitler made the trains run on time too. Where would we be without Teutonic efficiency?

43 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

you brought up norway......if that's what they want sign the wa and have it for free.......

33 minutes ago, Declan said:

aka leaving the eu.......

fair few on labours side are very keen also.......

it's only a handful of remoaners stopping exit......

6 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Imagine that the indicative votes show that there is a form of Brexit that Parlianent will support - a Noway model perhaps - then that changes everything with the EU as the Maybots red lines become irrelevant. 

EU governments know well enough by now that Wednesday's votes may not end up providing a clear picture of Brexit.

Even if they did, European Commission chief Jean-Claude Juncker will point out that the EU's only "interlocutor" – or opposite number – remains Her Majesty's government, led by Theresa May, and not UK MPs.

Would she be willing to shuttle as a go-between on behalf of Parliament, which has chosen to ignore her negotiated Brexit deal?

Not likely.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47708977

told ya........

also....

An inconclusive second referendum or general election would be a nightmare for the EU – keeping Brexit looming over EU affairs for the foreseeable future.

Revoking Article 50 is described in Brussels as "the nuclear option" and is viewed as very unlikely as things stand.

Edited by woody2

2 hours ago, woolley said:

This is a serious point. It would appear that a considerable portion of the British believe that their interests are best served by being run from Europe rather than running their own affairs as an independent state. This is bizarre and worrying for future generations.

That considerable portion are currently being supplied with never-ending confirmation of that belief by shenanigans in Westminster.

I.E. the current Govt, corrupted by incompetence, self-interest infighting and the ERG crackpots are incapable of running a piss up in a brewery. What's wrong with German trains running on time? Something the UK still can't do.

But it's always been like this. The Brits have always been good at improvising a way to success. Usually because their management and planning failed, making that improvisation necessary. Unfortunately many see it as being the way to be. And the rest of the world is wrong.

15 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

That considerable portion are currently being supplied with never-ending confirmation of that belief by shenanigans in Westminster.

I.E. the current Govt, corrupted by incompetence, self-interest infighting and the ERG crackpots are incapable of running a piss up in a brewery. What's wrong with German trains running on time? Something the UK still can't do.

But it's always been like this. The Brits have always been good at improvising a way to success. Usually because their management and planning failed, making that improvisation necessary. Unfortunately many see it as being the way to be. And the rest of the world is wrong.

the problem is may and oily ignoring everybody.........they are still at it now........

the numbers are very clear........

come the next ge lots of mp's are out of a job......

D2LZeh5XQAAO1TB.png.9c0d9691887febfea7f23e72443923b4.png