So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

52 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

That considerable portion are currently being supplied with never-ending confirmation of that belief by shenanigans in Westminster.

I.E. the current Govt, corrupted by incompetence, self-interest infighting and the ERG crackpots are incapable of running a piss up in a brewery. What's wrong with German trains running on time? Something the UK still can't do.

But it's always been like this. The Brits have always been good at improvising a way to success. Usually because their management and planning failed, making that improvisation necessary. Unfortunately many see it as being the way to be. And the rest of the world is wrong.

None of this is a good reason for the abdication of statehood. Better our crackpots than somebody else's crackpots, and perhaps not benevolent crackpots, in the future. Europe does have form over the centuries, you know. People are so superficial in their views and this is why this whole very important debate has been focused almost entirely on trade and short term expediencies. There is far more at stake.

I said Hitler made the trains run on time. This is often said of Hitler and Mussolini, but they probably didn't. Not so much today either. Quite a high proportion of German trains arrive late. More than in the UK in fact, although I'm not making expansive claims about it because there is plenty of recovery time built into UK working timetables which are separate from those issued to the public. All in all, performance is probably about the same.

• Thanks 1

And another one which is f all to do with Brussels. We did it all before late 60s and early 70s and it was a bloody nightmare.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47704345

After a consultation in which 70% of responses were from Germans.

Par for the course then.

Presumably EU friendly Scotland will be delrious about getting up in the dark at 10am.

Edited by woolley

24 minutes ago, woolley said:

And another one which is f all to do with Brussels. We did it all before late 60s and early 70s and it was a bloody nightmare.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47704345

After a consultation in which 70% of responses were from Germans.

Par for the course then.

Presumably EU friendly Scotland will be delrious about getting up in the dark at 10am.

It was a public consultation, they're only following the will of the people. Mmmm, where have I heard that before?

2 hours ago, woody2 said:

call me dave tried that........

you won't have the internet soon.......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47708144

If the EU moves to protect online copyright then the U.K. will have to follow suit if it wants a trade deal, just like Canada and Japan had to enact GDPR. Shame the U.K. is spaffing away its chances to influence, or even frame, the legislation. Morons. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Freggyragh said:

If the EU moves to protect online copyright then the U.K. will have to follow suit if it wants a trade deal, just like Canada and Japan had to enact GDPR. Shame the U.K. is spaffing away its chances to influence, or even frame, the legislation. Morons. 

I'm not convinced about that. There are wider mutual interests involved.  Now though, MPs want to pay full dues for the privilege of customs union when they could have exactly the same by passing the WA. Morons.

3 hours ago, woody2 said:

call me dave tried that........

you won't have the internet soon.......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47708144

David Cameron was an idiot who sought further concessions from the EU.  What I am talking about is taking EU elections seriously and having MEPs lead changes within the EU rather.  Don't suggest UKIP MEPs do that given how rarely they turn up at the EU Parliament despite collecting their salary.

The UK will follow the EU on the copyright law even if when/if Brexit happens.  Might be worth seeing how the UK MEPs voted to see where the UK sits on these changes.

12 hours ago, woody2 said:

veto's have gone come 2020.......

What are you taking about? You’re not quoting from that Russian meme about the 2009 Lisbon Treaty are you? Or are you quoting from the agreements secured by Cameron, that the Single Market will not discriminate against the 9 non-euro countries, that the U.K. will be exempt from any Eurozone bailouts and in return will not be able to vote on Eurozone only matters? I’m guessing the first is true.

When your alt right sources present you with ‘facts’ instead of being a gullible fool and repeating it in your pidgin English, eg; ‘veto’s have gone come 2020’, why not do a quick Google search and check if it’s true or if you’re just being played again. 

Cue hurt feelings and outraged rant without a link. Can I get a #fakenews?

Edited by Freggyragh
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

David Cameron was an idiot who sought further concessions from the EU.  What I am talking about is taking EU elections seriously and having MEPs lead changes within the EU rather.  Don't suggest UKIP MEPs do that given how rarely they turn up at the EU Parliament despite collecting their salary.

The UK will follow the EU on the copyright law even if when/if Brexit happens.  Might be worth seeing how the UK MEPs voted to see where the UK sits on these changes.

mep's don't have any say......

13 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

no it won't.......