So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

By british are we talking andy murray type british waters?

as international maritime law won't interfere, its british and staying that way....

oh dear

Well obviously you're wrong on that.

But I'll give you a chance to explain why you think that's not the case.

ask iceland or germany who have been trying to change the boundaries since ww2, scotland has zero access....

The maritime boundaries around the British Isles are, I'm afraid, split by the individual countries, the UK just happens to hoover up those as it stands now. Scotland leaves, Scotland takes it's waters.

• Like 1

By british are we talking andy murray type british waters?

as international maritime law won't interfere, its british and staying that way....

oh dear

Well obviously you're wrong on that.

But I'll give you a chance to explain why you think that's not the case.

ask iceland or germany who have been trying to change the boundaries since ww2, scotland has zero access....

The maritime boundaries around the British Isles are, I'm afraid, split by the individual countries, the UK just happens to hoover up those as it stands now. Scotland leaves, Scotland takes it's waters.

nope, and scotland will have to pay rent for access...

Last night I watched the Question Time Brexit Special - how I wish I hadn't bothered.

Frankly the idea of David Davis "leading the Brexit charge" as it were fills me with dread. He can bang on and on about "getting the best deal for Britain" etc etc and citing that it could be a "comprehensive free trade agreement" etc etc however we should all be aware that the best deal we end up with could be simply be a WTO one. Davis chose not to mention that. I wonder why?

On migration he also failed to mention that in most years we had as many non-EU migrants as EU ones. So like Farage, Gove and Johnson on that one then.

I personally hate Nick Turncoat Cleggy for giving my vote to the likes of Rees-Mogg, Gove and Johnson. However he put in a fairly decent performance.

In other news some MP's walked out of the Commons Brexit Select Committee claiming the Brexit White Paper report was "Too gloomy". Of course, they couldn't actually challenge the contents as nobody really knows how things will pan out.

It seems to me that it's all proving to be as hateful, toxic and divisive as the appalling Thatcher tenure....

wto is less than 2%, way cheaper than the eu......

on average (15k) eu produced cars have gone up £500, leading to a boom in uk built cars been bought.....

good newsthumbsup.gif

huh.pngwacko.png

Can I clarify what you're saying here? You're saying that under WTO rules the price of european cars sold in the UK has gone up less than 2%, now, already, due to said WTO tariffs? If that's not what you mean please clarify - without your usual non-answer, round the houses pish - exactly what you do mean?

wto is less than 2%, way cheaper than the eu......

on average (15k) eu produced cars have gone up £500, leading to a boom in uk built cars been bought.....

good newsthumbsup.gif

huh.pngwacko.png

Can I clarify what you're saying here? You're saying that under WTO rules the price of european cars sold in the UK has gone up less than 2%, now, already, due to said WTO tariffs? If that's not what you mean please clarify - without your usual non-answer, round the houses pish - exactly what you do mean?

at the moment all good imported into the uk from outside the eu come under wto, this adds less than 2% to the cost via tariffs

it changes but it is 1.97% at the moment,this is the amount the uk treasury is getting

eu goods that the uk buys are on average 15% more expensive than can be bought from outside the eu, this doesn't take into account the membership fees..

it should be noted that the eu deals with the other 93% of the world under wto rules, yet nobody is bothered by this, yet if the uk does the same the dramalamas come out...

clear?

the car issue came from a major uk dealer, that eu cars on a average cost of 15k have gone up £500 since the start of the year, uk built cars and cars from outside the eu, (mainly asia) have not changed....

Yeah this is the bit I wanted clarified, so you're blaming the EU for the fall in the pound?

The reason goods are going up - as you'll have seen most noticeably in the shops - is the crash in sterling.

Tarriffs vary widely, between 4% to 32% under WTO rules. There sure isn't a flat rate.

• Like 1

Last night I watched the Question Time Brexit Special - how I wish I hadn't bothered.

They really should have put out a warning for those of a nervous disposition. I don't know you and even I could have advised you not to watch. Suggest you go and lie in a darkened room until it's all over. thumbsup.gif