So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

I suspect that there was some "strategy" last night in the voting especially as Labour were whipping their MPs.

I think we are heading for a second referendum as that was the closest vote of the night.  

May does not seem to have enough support for her WA to get it through without the DUP.

I suspect that most people don’t understand the workings or strategy of the Letwin system.

Yesterday was round 1. 

Next week sees round 2. The two or three resolutions with highest number of votes yesterday get voted on again.

That includes the customs union and a second referendum. 

Interesting to see how those fare without the the other 6.

Also interesting to see whether the WA meaningful vote gets relisted now, and when.

The second referendum proposition is ridiculous- it has no question, no deal to be voted on, no detail, no explanation of the opinions. It just says when someone else has come up with a solution it has to be put to a referendum but against what: no deal, remains, TM’s deal? No one has a clue.

It isn’t a solution or attempt to find a deal  it is grandstanding which offers nothing. A deal has to be found and negotiated with the EU. Until that has happened there is nothing to have a referendum on. 

Yippee we’re going to have a referendum, say MPs. On what you ask- we don’t know they answer. 

Muppets. And the BBC laps it up. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

I suspect that there was some "strategy" last night in the voting especially as Labour were whipping their MPs.

I think we are heading for a second referendum as that was the closest vote of the night.  

May does not seem to have enough support for her WA to get it through without the DUP.

19 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I suspect that most people don’t understand the workings or strategy of the Letwin system.

Yesterday was round 1. 

Next week sees round 2. The two or three resolutions with highest number of votes yesterday get voted on again.

That includes the customs union and a second referendum. 

Interesting to see how those fare without the the other 6.

Also interesting to see whether the WA meaningful vote gets relisted now, and when.

all have been voted on before and failed..........they failed again yesterday..........and nowhere near the numbers to pass in parliament......

need at least 318 votes.......

D2smLuFWkAEn-pe.thumb.jpg.d1e40b1b9f916e5e69bcf3e1af2eba5d.jpg

17 hours ago, manxman1980 said:
17 hours ago, woody2 said:

eu has mass unemployment.........recession........terrorism.......

and what are the unelected dictators doing.......speed limiters that you can override by pressing the accelerator.......

Read the link that mojo has posted and educate yourself on what the system involves...

Then again I did not expect you to do any research other than getting angry about it.  

no.4.......

_106195490_speedlimits_640-nc.png

:whistling:

14 hours ago, John Wright said:

So, T May’s latest bribe to get her withdrawal agreement through is that she will resign if it’s passed.

How many errant Tories are likely to vote for that, not knowing who’ll replace her, and what’s in it for the DUP?

D2sZ8vBXgAYG7xY.thumb.jpg.edbcc0275862626d03d474a82dd88f48.jpg

2 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

What also amazes me is that the BBC et al don’t report the number of abstentions. It is only by looking at them you can see what might pass. 

Very poor reporting. 

318 was the number given to pass by the beeb last night....... the gov. abstained (mostly)........

29 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

What also amazes me is that the BBC et al don’t report the number of abstentions. It is only by looking at them you can see what might pass. 

Very poor reporting. 

25 minutes ago, woody2 said:

318 was the number given to pass by the beeb last night....... the gov. abstained (mostly)........

here you go.........

D2uturTXgAABx1H.thumb.jpg.ca5fe7a08fe1a177d4b05534744f13a6.jpg

Interesting Woody2. There's 264 in favour of a Custom's Union.

However once it's a done deal that the UK Leaves, and  the choice becomes between what kind of relationship we have in future, the SNP, Liberals, and PC will probably switch to that as being least worst solution. 

13 minutes ago, Declan said:

Interesting Woody2. There's 264 in favour of a Custom's Union.

However once it's a done deal that the UK Leaves, and  the choice becomes between what kind of relationship we have in future, the SNP, Liberals, and PC will probably switch to that as being least worst solution. 

as it stands parliament may only get a yes/no vote on a trade agreement at the end of the process........

if they want a free cu.......sign the wa and vote against any deal brought back=backstop=cu........

these remoan mp's can't see that.......

a cu has already been voted on and failed every time.......

Well, I guess the SNP, and Liberals are still hoping that Brexit doesn't happen. Once it does the dynamic changes. Then there may be a majority in favour of Custom's Union, and as you point out inertia would lead to the backstop and Custom's Union. That suggests the next PM will have to make some accommodation with  Remainers / Soft-Brexiters to get a deal through. 

19 minutes ago, Declan said:

Well, I guess the SNP, and Liberals are still hoping that Brexit doesn't happen. Once it does the dynamic changes. Then there may be a majority in favour of Custom's Union, and as you point out inertia would lead to the backstop and Custom's Union. That suggests the next PM will have to make some accommodation with  Remainers / Soft-Brexiters to get a deal through. 

depends what type/who is pm.......they may quit the wa.........

i wouldn't rule out a ge either........

and it does sound like many member states are ready to walk away....... 

33 minutes ago, woody2 said:

depends what type/who is pm.......they may quit the wa...

Is that an option the Withdrawal Agreement? I mean ...

• Deal agreed by Parliament this week
  • Britain Leaves EU in May
  • New PM takes over in June
  • Scraps Withdrawal Agreement in July

Even if he got that through Parliament can the UK just walk away from the agreement? (if we can then what's all the fuss about the backstop been about anyway). 

So he'd still have to get the future arrangement agreed by Parliament and on current numbers Custom's Union looks like it could have a majority (those who voted for it yesterday, plus SNP, Libs and PC). Unless he could persuade some of that group to back his arrangement, but he's not going to do that with a Hard Brexit.

A general election would change the dynamics - but does anyone know how that will turn out?

And a further spanner in the works is Labour are making it up as they go a long. 

8 minutes ago, Declan said:

Is that an option the Withdrawal Agreement? I mean ...

• Deal agreed by Parliament this week
  • Britain Leaves EU in May
  • New PM takes over in June
  • Scraps Withdrawal Agreement in July

Even if he got that through Parliament can the UK just walk away from the agreement? (if we can then what's all the fuss about the backstop been about anyway). 

So he'd still have to get the future arrangement agreed by Parliament and on current numbers Custom's Union looks like it could have a majority (those who voted for it yesterday, plus SNP, Libs and PC). Unless he could persuade some of that group to back his arrangement, but he's not going to do that with a Hard Brexit.

A general election would change the dynamics - but does anyone know how that will turn out?

And a further spanner in the works is Labour are making it up as they go a long. 

who's "he"?

the cu is nowhere near a majority.....

if they want a cu then the easiest way is the wa and it's free.....

they might not even get a vote on a future trade deal according to labour.....

of course the uk could walk away if it wants but highly unlikely at this time.......different pm and after a ge parliament could look very different......