So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

19 eu member states =  one uk economy........

ouch........

still going well for ze germans........

https://order-order.com/2019/04/01/uk-manufacturing-growth-smashes-expectations-eurozone-worst-6-years/

A lot of UK interests are stockpiling parts, goods and products. I am currently on Radio 4 where a manufacturer says he is stockpiling South American horse tails..(Each to his own trade squire!) The UK figures are apparently inflated due to such activity (In addition to horse tails) and also hoarding parts and products. The fall in Sterling probably helps boost sales abroad. We will have to take a measure of the situation much further down the line.

1 hour ago, Barrie Stevens said:

A lot of UK interests are stockpiling parts, goods and products. I am currently on Radio 4 where a manufacturer says he is stockpiling South American horse tails..(Each to his own trade squire!) The UK figures are apparently inflated due to such activity (In addition to horse tails) and also hoarding parts and products. The fall in Sterling probably helps boost sales abroad. We will have to take a measure of the situation much further down the line.

why would you stockpile something from outside the eu.......

same rules apply regardless........

23 minutes ago, woody2 said:

Well I do not import horse tails.

However, it seems that the issue arises because the horse tails originate from outside of the EU but the custom of trade means that horse tails are imported if I heard aright into the EU rather than directly into the UK..Therefore there is or could yet be an issue...You must ask the man who has stockpiled five tons of horsetails..

1 hour ago, mojomonkey said:

What on earth are made with South American horse tails? Violin bows?

Apparently the importer concerned makes mattresses although I would have thought you need more than five tons of tails for a good production run but he did say it was a contingency measure...Seems no shortage of suppliers on line! I post a link..

https://johnryanbydesign.co.uk/understanding-beds/all-about-horsehair-2/

35 minutes ago, woody2 said:

Not if the EU has a trade deal with the other party and it hasn't been rolled over, although I don't see this as the panic we are asked to believe it is. People wanna sell.

3 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Apparently the importer concerned makes mattresses although I would have thought you need more than five tons of tails for a good production run but he did say it was a contingency measure...Seems no shortage of suppliers on line! I post a link..

https://johnryanbydesign.co.uk/understanding-beds/all-about-horsehair-2/

Blimey! The things you can learn on MF....Horse tails to make posh mattresses...."Not a lotta people know that!"

1 minute ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Blimey! The things you can learn on MF....Horse tails to make posh mattresses...."Not a lotta people know that!"

Apparently horse tail and horse hair mattresses continue to smell of horse for quite some time which could make for interesting bed fellows I venture to suggest!..

"Honest! It's not me its the mattress"..."Yeah right!. I'm going to sleep on the sofa!"...

13 minutes ago, woolley said:

Not if the EU has a trade deal with the other party and it hasn't been rolled over, although I don't see this as the panic we are asked to believe it is. People wanna sell.

Quality horse tails are not produced in abundance and mattress makers source them from South America and also USA. Apparently there is the issue of slaughter and animal treatment. I get the impression that the EU is not self-sufficient in horse tails of mattress quality.