So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Little Lord Snooty wouldn’t stoop to modern Italian

French innit? and nearly Spanish too

Mogg might say (after looking it up in his "how to impress the proles* guide for dummies") " Quid erit."

* not a description I like but I bet he does.....

Edited by ballaughbiker

23 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

French innit? and nearly Spanish too

Mogg might say (after looking it up in his "how to impress the proles guide for dummies") " Quid erit."

It’s not grammatically correct in any of French, Italian or Spanish, seems to come from doggerel versions on English C16 heraldic crests or Kit Marlowe’s 1590 Doctor Faustus. It appears to have ended up in The Man Who Knew Too Much via a mention in Barefoot Contessa

6 hours ago, John Wright said:

Little Lord Snooty wouldn’t stoop to modern Italian, Barrie.

More

Quis erit, erit

or more likely 

Τι θα είναι, θα είναι

but even that is modern, rather than classical.

its his patrician humanity, man of the (Eton) people, common touches that make him so popular with Brexit voters who want to be ruled.

(NB. I’m aware that the Greek is contemporary, and not classical, like whots tort at Eton)

My learned friend as ever makes a valid point or even points most forcibly.

However, Mine own submission and indeed inspiration relates to the alleged motto of the Bedfords aka Dukes of Bedford of Woburn Abbey.

My source is a humble souvenir  consisting of a model stag's head in plastic mounted on a wooden shield signed by an earlier but now deceased Duke of Bedford in his own hand along with the words "Que Sera Sera""..ie the family motto. It is written in the latter format.

One is inclined to think that Jacob Rees Mogg would incline to the motto Que Sera Sera as signed by a Duke of Bedford, he (JRM) being of the 18th Century and inclined to favour or at least flatter the aristocracy. 

On the other hand if one visits Woburn Abbey one can see the motto in variations "Che Sara Sara" and "Ke Sera Sera" mounted and inscribed in various locations including a mausoleum...

The Duke of Bedford who first opened up Woburn Abbey to the public often quoted the motto "Que Sera Sera" hastily adding that he did not own the rights to the song.

I merely drew my inspiration such as it be from these sources...

• Haha 1

Hmmm. British Steel now requests £100M loan from UK Govt to carry it over difficulties caused by Brexit, freezing it out of a EU carbon tax arrangement.

Wonder if the money will get paid back?

6 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Hmmm. British Steel now requests £100M loan from UK Govt to carry it over difficulties caused by Brexit, freezing it out of a EU carbon tax arrangement.

Wonder if the money will get paid back?

let the indian owners go bust......

they already raped the pension fund.......