So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

On 4/27/2019 at 1:16 PM, Bobbie Bobster said:

lower econonic growth...less healthcare, cleaning and customer service staff...additional costs of regulation compliance...lack of negotiationg power with trading blocs...what's to like?

Freedom of determination. The power to run your own affairs. Sovereignty.

21 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

So just give me an explanation.  I know my mobile bills dropped when roaming charges were abolished.

for years on here remoans have said that the winners didn't know what they voted for.....they did.......to leave the eu.......

yet one of the biggest rip off's ever and you don't have a clue.......are you sure you work in education........

:lol:

you've been mugged........and you don't even know it...........

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, woolley said:

Good old BBC. No doubt it will be corrected shortly, but this just lifted straight from the report about Sturgeon's "climate emergency" virtue signaling:

Independence 'surge'

Ms Sturgeon's conference speech came just days after she announced that she wants a second referendum on Scottish independence by 2021 if the UK leaves the UK.

how long they would keep the pound is the best one.......six tests need.....which will never be met.......

21 minutes ago, woody2 said:

for years on here remoans have said that the winners didn't know what they voted for.....they did.......to leave the eu.......

yet one of the biggest rip off's ever and you don't have a clue.......are you sure you work in education........

:lol:

you've been mugged........and you don't even know it...........

I don't work in education...

Give me a link then so I can look into this alleged mugging.

On 4/27/2019 at 1:16 PM, Bobbie Bobster said:

lower econonic growth...less healthcare, cleaning and customer service staff...additional costs of regulation compliance...lack of negotiationg power with trading blocs...what's to like?

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Freedom of determination. The power to run your own affairs. Sovereignty.

We are in agreement, that is the basic Remain/Leave choice.

I find the economic, regulatory and personal impact argument compelling.

I don't really understand the sovereignty argument and I don't find it a particularly balanced choice.  Maybe its an idea that's had its 500 years of fame and isn't best suited to a future of limited resources, climate change and an AI and robotic-dominated empoloyment world.

YMMV, of course, but I really do struggle wit the idea of giving up real, concrete immediate economic benefits for the somewhat nebulous concept of sovereignty.

16 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

I find the economic, regulatory and personal impact argument compelling.

yes the uk is doing better because it voted to leave.......

17 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

I don't really understand the sovereignty argument and I don't find it a particularly balanced choice. 

basically the people you vote for have zero power.......and are over ruled by the unelected eu......

19 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

climate change

ze germans are pumping out more co2 than ever burning dirty coal......the eu have done nothing.......

21 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

AI and robotic-dominated empoloyment world.

you clearly missed that more people are in work than ever......this has zero to do with the eu.....look at the unemployment rates across the eu........purely down to the ecb........

24 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

economic benefits

the eu is in permanent decline......even the eu admit this........

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

Lol

Pretty much everything Woody said there is factual.

BB " I don't really understand the sovereignty argument and I don't find it a particularly balanced choice.  Maybe its an idea that's had its 500 years of fame and isn't best suited to a future of limited resources, climate change and an AI and robotic-dominated empoloyment world.

Human nature doesn't change. The world will always be about domination and subordination. Sovereignty and self-determination will never have had its day and those limited resources will be fought over to the death, despite the virtue signalling by governments and corporations. But if you're all more interested in petty, short term economics and your roaming charges, then crack on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woolley said:

By George. I think he's got it!

Correct.

The rabid brexiteers have been given a blank canvas on which they can paint up any old crapulence like their "clean break" nonsense and the gammons will all think it's a good idea  and then wonder so what's the delay...?

I guess the hackneyed "Sovereignty" is about the only card left to play as it's the most nebulous...

2 hours ago, woody2 said:

how long they would keep the pound is the best one.......six tests need.....which will never be met.......

(Scotland).

Easy. Just tell them they can't. They can bring in a new currency. The haggis?

By the time of Union in 1708, the old Scottish currency was down to 1 to 12 against sterling. It wouldn't take long for the haggis to be similar, so it seems an appropriate name.

https://www.britnumsoc.org/publications/Digital BNJ/pdfs/2002_BNJ_72_8.pdf

Edited by woolley

5 minutes ago, P.K. said:

the gammons 

I guess the hackneyed "Sovereignty" is about the only card left to play as it's the most nebulous...

I don't know why, but I get the idea that you are probably more gammon than those you disparage with the term.

As for sovereignty being nebulous, you keep that particular faith at your peril.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, woolley said:

I don't know why, but I get the idea that you are probably more gammon than those you disparage with the term.

As for sovereignty being nebulous, you keep that particular faith at your peril.

I don't know where you get the gammonite (made up word) idea from either. I've often been accused of being too laid back!

Got to say those who use the expression "virtue signalling" always make me smile.

What, you think good works should only ever be done in secret or something??? :lol: