So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Just received the Conservative party promotional material for the MEP elections Eastern Region...It is very much focussed on Theresa May, her achievements to date, ability ie the only one who can deliver Brexit, Corbyn warnings and photo of May and her statements...Will look a bit silly if she gone before the poll for EU Parliament..

• Haha 1

Finished watching "Brexit : behind closed doors" and what an omnishambles the tory party have made of it.

Weyand pulled no punches about how useless they have been in the negotiations.

Olly Robbins asking if he could become a Belgian citizen summed it all up.....

On 5/6/2019 at 11:42 AM, P.K. said:

Date set for court case which could prosecute Boris Johnson over £350 million EU referendum lie

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/date-set-for-court-against-boris-johnson-1-6034496

A UK tory politician being taken to task for lying? Surely not!

A bit too late for that methinks because:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/kings-college-research-finds-leave-voters-still-believe-lie-about-nhs-1-5754245

So it would appear that Henning Wehn was spot on about a second referendum with his:

"If you're stupid enough to believe that £350m extra will go to the NHS then you're stupid enough to vote for it a second time"

Amen to that....

Johnson is a buffoon of course, but you don't think that this fellow has an ulterior motive do you? I mean, this isn't the first time a politician has lied to the public is it? They must have a lot of money. Is there a list of the backers funding the case? As for the NHS £350m they already have the money and more pledged.

10 hours ago, P.K. said:

Finished watching "Brexit : behind closed doors" and what an omnishambles the tory party have made of it.

Weyand pulled no punches about how useless they have been in the negotiations.

Olly Robbins asking if he could become a Belgian citizen summed it all up.....

Well they are all remainers so what do you expect? As for Weyand, however, she is a German EU official so why would you be taking her word about the UK side? Had you been around in 1943 would you have taken Goebbels' assessment of the situation concerning the UK as gospel?

Your point about Robbins tells us everything about why he should have been nowhere near anything to do with this from the start.

17 minutes ago, woolley said:

Well they are all remainers so what do you expect? As for Weyand, however, she is a German EU official so why would you be taking her word about the UK side? Had you been around in 1943 would you have taken Goebbels' assessment of the situation concerning the UK as gospel?

Your point about Robbins tells us everything about why he should have been nowhere near anything to do with this from the start.

There's no law against having a sense of humour you know.

Have you seen both episodes?

Apparently May would tell the UK right-wing, lowbrow, in thrall to the owner's agenda MSM one thing that would get back to the EU and then Raab would turn up saying something completely different.

With mixed messages becoming the norm little wonder it's a shambles.

I noticed Farage thinks he's going to make a difference in the EU. Bit surprised to hear that as they already hate him for his strictly for UK gammon consumption performances to date. Mind you him turning up will be something of a novelty....

No I haven't. It's "on my to do list".

ETA: As for sense of humour, that's fine. For future reference and avoidance of confusion, could you point out the bits you post that are meant to be funny and those meant to be taken seriously? Thanks.

Edited by woolley
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

As for the NHS £350m they already have the money and more pledged.

You will no doubt be aware they they are not from their promised source as we are still paying them.

The subliminal message from the bus was clearly "Vote to leave the EU and their fees will be redirected to save the NHS"

4 hours ago, woolley said:

You've changed your tune.

You thought May's deal was decent and now you're slagging off one of the authors!

Make your mind up....

42 minutes ago, P.K. said:

You've changed your tune.

You thought May's deal was decent and now you're slagging off one of the authors!

Make your mind up....

I haven't. I was being pragmatic, remember. It was decent in the circumstances and should have been banked pending future evolvement. It wasn't my preferred scenario which would have been to avoid the Article 50 process altogether and settle the future arrangement and withdrawal all at the same time, but I considered it was the best we were going to get now and that the hard Brexiteers were sacrificing acceptable on the altar of perfect. If you had offered any of them that deal ten years ago they would have snatched your hand off. In the event it is proving correct as the forces of the Europhiles position themselves for the 2nd referendum having spent 3 years scaring the shit out of the population. I reckon there will come a day when all but one or two of the ERG will come around and say, "Er, do you think we can vote on the withdrawal deal again?" and by then it could be too late.

1 hour ago, woolley said:

In the event it is proving correct as the forces of the Europhiles position themselves for the 2nd referendum having spent 3 years scaring the shit out of the population. 

That's rich with the likes of Farage and the ERG and their "Just leave now" complete and utter nonsense.

And since when did the EU set WTO tariffs?

Same old same old. Everything will be fine etc etc and when a WTO trade negotiator says leaving without a deal will be "catastrophic" it's just project feaf.

Of course it is....

3 hours ago, woolley said:

Pleased you agree.

Have to say I was half expecting your hackneyed "Business will find a way" soundbite where you state the bleeding obvious (after all, thirty percent of food sold in the UK comes from the EU, what a clever move it is to leave) yet forget to mention the extra costs due to WTO tariffs....