So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

I know plenty of brekshitters. Mostly they are optimistic souls who genuinely think the U.K. would benefit from brexit, although they can’t explain why. Their understanding of what the WTO is and what it means for trade is bizarre, they just seem to believe it would be fine because Sir Nigel has said it would be.

Edited by Freggyragh
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Freggyragh said:

If you believed that the U.K. was going to get a free-trade with the EU, roll-over all the current free trade deals with third parties, great even more free trade deals with other countries, not have to pay a penny for current commitments, opt out of loads of multi-national treaties, keep the city of culture projects, continue with Erasmus, not lose the European Medical Agency, keep rights to live and work in Europe, not have reciprocate those rights, keep London as the world’s major finance centre, maintain the value of the pound, keep manufacturing industry as was, improve environmental standards, maintain food quality standards, get European support for keeping hold of colonies, maintain pensions and give £350M a week to the NHS - and that if there wasn’t a brexit there would be a conscript EU army, an open door to Turkish immigration, no more veto, the pound replaced by the Euro, an EU superstate, etc. - well, you’d have voted brexit, wouldn’t you? Racism didn’t have to come into it - just gullibility and a trusting nature. 

Oh dear.

No, racism didn't have to come into it.

But it did....

I don’t know if all racists voted leave, I don’t know if Farage’s racist poster swayed people one way or another, either. I supppse you can site loons like these and fruitcakes such as Padmini Nissinga, but what about all the well known anti-racists? Here’s a few to remind you that not all brekshitters are racist bigots (not sure I’d consult any of them on economics though):  Arthur Scargill, George Galloway, Piers Corbyn,  Tariq Ali, Claire Fox, Sol Campbell, Johnny Rotten, Graeme Souness, Ringo Starr and Ricky Tomlinson. 

3 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

I know plenty of brekshitters. Mostly they are optimistic souls who genuinely think the U.K. would benefit from brexit, although they can’t explain why. Their understanding of what the WTO is and what it means for trade is bizarre, they just seem to believe it would be fine because Sir Nigel has said it would be.

Can't explain? Or maybe they know exactly why but they are not going to admit it?

Who knows?

I still cannot get over the people saying we should leave on a WTO deal.  By definition WTO terms are not a deal!  Only the UK would be choosing to do business on them.

1 hour ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

Ooh, the bold Rory is on QT tonight!

Had to laugh at the Brexshit MEP not only being given a lesson in reality but the way she thought Farage was some kind of serious politico. The deluded airhead was clearly unaware that Farage would turn up in Brussels, completely ignore what was being debated in order to stick it to the EU, strictly for home consumption of course, and then scurry back to Blighty in order to farm the clickbait his Brussels foray had garnered.

Still, it's well worth looking stupid on QT for £45k...

53 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

I liked Labour guy's put down in response to her 'EUs not a government so can't negotiate international treaties'; 'EU Council is heads of the 26/27 governments, dontcha know?'

Agtreed. She was full of the Farage bollox and Barry Gardiner very calmly explained to her that Farage was full of shit. Bit scary that some as clueless as she is makes it to MEP. 

It was very amusing how the true blue audience also tried to blame Labour for the May / ERG shambles when they're not even in government!

It's almost as though Brexit means common sense goes out of the window......

13 hours ago, P.K. said:

Had to laugh at the Brexshit MEP not only being given a lesson in reality but the way she thought Farage was some kind of serious politico. The deluded airhead was clearly unaware that Farage would turn up in Brussels, completely ignore what was being debated in order to stick it to the EU, strictly for home consumption of course, and then scurry back to Blighty in order to farm the clickbait his Brussels foray had garnered.

Still, it's well worth looking stupid on QT for £45k...

Of course, everyone who is not seduced to the "virtues" of the EU is a deluded airhead. I can see you are convinced.

What does the bit about QT for £45k mean?

6 hours ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

I liked Labour guy's put down in response to her 'EUs not a government so can't negotiate international treaties'; 'EU Council is heads of the 26/27 governments, dontcha know?'

But they don't agree on much.

7 minutes ago, woolley said:

Of course, everyone who is not seduced to the "virtues" of the EU is a deluded airhead. I can see you are convinced.

What does the bit about QT for £45k mean?

That was a little blunder, known as a blunderette. It should read:

"Still, it's well worth looking stupid on QT for an MEP's wedge plus X's...."

4 minutes ago, P.K. said:

That was a little blunder, known as a blunderette. It should read:

"Still, it's well worth looking stupid on QT for an MEP's wedge plus X's...."

Ah. Right. I thought it was more BBC largesse. So what's the £45k then?

Edited by woolley

50 minutes ago, woolley said:

Ah. Right. I thought it was more BBC largesse. So what's the £45k then?

What part of " blunderette" is it that you don't understand...?  :)

Converting the €'s went wrong I guess. Didn't expect them to be making such a strong showing compared to the £....