So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

21 minutes ago, Declan said:

Because being down with the kids is an important consideration for the electorate in a Tory Leadership contest - right wing, middle class, over 55's. 

Perhaps not the kids, but probably with the age group you mention.  That group would include the "yuppies" from the 80's who may feel a connection with a Tory party leader who indulged in their own youth.

3 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Perhaps not the kids, but probably with the age group you mention.  That group would include the "yuppies" from the 80's who may feel a connection with a Tory party leader who indulged in their own youth.

I think Boris's proposal to cut tax for those on over £50k especially since it will be funded by NI rises which won't impact pensioners will resonate more strongly with Tory Members. 

Bit of a contrast too, with Labour's new environmentally-based proposal to cut the working week to just 10hrs and reduce pay by 75% in order to reduce emissions and avoid further climate change (source, Metro, online).

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

The trouble is, it's hard to get it out of your head while speaking about the guy. This lady has my sympathy

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/media/tv-radio/jeremy-hunt-name-victoria-derbyshire-bbc-mispronounce-a8952006.html%3famp

I would think that given the politics at the BBC, this is probably the default name for him around the office and studios. Difficult to get out of the habit when on air.

17 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

Bit sexist to try deflect and blame men though, all the same. Shame on her.

Imagine the uproar from the wimmin if a man had try to blame that on a female...

17 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Anyone hear Boris Johnson's campaign launch today to become leader of the Tory Party?  

What a lot of bluster mixed with lies and untruths...  When are the population going to wake up to people like Johnson and the lies and nonsense he spouts.

I think you'll find that they have woken up. I'm in real true-blue Tory territory, no-one has any respect for Boris.

FWIW I met a nice lady yesterday who voted for Brexit just 'to see what would happen'. Amazing...

• Sad 1

Just the sort of man the Barclay Twins want in charge. According to Wikipedia the Daily Telegraph gets £900,000 a year from Russian State media to publish the The Russia Behind the Headlines supplement, and £750,000 from the Chinese state to peddle an informercial supplement for the commies. Boris Johnson gets over a quarter of million quid a year from the Telegraph for his nonsense. Sadly, aspirational but basically thick people, and elderly snobs, still buy the Telegraph - and those are the same sorts of people who join the Conservative party and vote for dickheads like Johnson. He’ll get in, and then he’ll either push through a disastrous brexit that will break up the UK and beggar what ever bits stay with Westminster, or he’ll have to admit to his lies. I’m guessing his going to have to admit to his lies, which will save his head from a spike, watching him squirm and avoid the blame will be fun. 

Edited by Freggyragh

7 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Just the sort of man the Barclay Twins want in charge. According to Wikipedia the Daily Telegraph gets £900,000 a year from Russian State media to publish the The Russia Behind the Headlines supplement, and £750,000 from the Chinese state to peddle an informercial supplement for the commies. Boris Johnson gets over a quarter of million quid a year from the Telegraph for his nonsense. Sadly, aspirational but basically thick people, and elderly snobs, still buy the Telegraph - and those are the same sorts of people who join the Conservative party and vote for dickheads like Johnson. He’ll get in, and then he’ll either push through a disastrous brexit that will break up the UK and beggar what ever bits stay with Westminster, or he’ll have to admit to his lies. I’m guessing his going to have to admit to his lies, which will save his head from a spike, watching him squirm and avoid the blame will be fun. 

It is not called the "Torygraph" by accident...

Key points:

The number of nurses registering from overseas has fallen substantially from last year from 8,800 to 3,500.

This has been driven by a fall in the number of EU nurse registrants which has dropped by 87% from 6,400 in 2016/17 to 800 in 2017/18. The Republic of Ireland is now the main source of new nurses recruited from within the EU, while numbers registering from the main EU sources in previous years have dropped ten-fold since 2016.

This comes as polling shows that most UK adults (71%) think the UK should continue to try to attract nurses from the European Union after the UK leaves the EU.

https://www.health.org.uk/chart/chart-large-drop-in-the-number-of-new-nurses-coming-from-the-eu-to-work-in-the-uk

Well done all you brexiteers! Nice to see your actions have actually increased non-EU migration. You must be so proud.

So the next time you visit hospital for yet another self-inflicted bullet wound to the foot I'm afraid the service might not be as good as it could have been....