So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

28 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Well done all you brexiteers! Nice to see your actions have actually increased non-EU migration. You must be so proud.

It hasn't really though, has it? Potential applicants couldn't have been the least put off by the hand-wringing portrayal by the fear-factory that the UK is a land populated by xenophobic, thick as pigshit, Johnny-foreigner-hating, daily-wail-reading miscreants in the mould of one Tommy Robinson, and all that manufactured paranoia, could they?

That article doesn't quite confirm your bias...

_20190613_104710.JPG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, quilp said:

It hasn't really though, has it? Potential applicants couldn't have been the least put off by the hand-wringing portrayal by the fear-factory that the UK is a land populated by xenophobic, thick as pigshit, Johnny-foreigner-hating, daily-wail-reading miscreants in the mould of one Tommy Robinson, and all that manufactured paranoia, could they?

That article doesn't quite confirm your bias...

_20190613_104710.JPG

I think someone needs to check the rise in blue registrants on the chart......

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Well done all you brexiteers! Nice to see your actions have actually increased non-EU migration. You must be so proud.

I think someone needs to expand their view. There are a number of factors at play, the brexit debacle being just one. You claimed the actions of the brexiteers actually increased non-eu migration. That article states that the uptake of non-eu applications was less than expected, no increase at all.

Another factor you're failing to highlight, from fullfact.org...

_20190613_114757.JPG

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, quilp said:

I think someone needs to expand their view. There are a number of factors at play, the brexit debacle being just one. You claimed the actions of the brexiteers actually increased non-eu migration. That article states that the uptake of non-eu applications was less than expected, no increase at all.

Another factor you're failing to highlight, from fullfact.org...

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

The folks from the EU can just stroll into the UK and work as nurses. They can just as easily stroll back out again. And many have.

Contrast that with the non-EU folks who have to go through hoops such as language tests, Imm and Nat etc etc. This is because THEY HAVE NO INTENTION OF LEAVING!

EVER!

It's not just in nursing either. Low paid labour intensive operations such as the fruit and veg side of Agri-Food (yuck!) use a great deal of EU labour because it's cheap and was plentiful and unlike the natives they turn up on time, sober, wanting to work and so forth.

EU citizens coming into the UK has dropped right off. As the UK needs this labour pool the numbers are being made up by non-EU migrants.

All of whom want to stay permanently....

22 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

My vote to leave the EU had nothing to do with immigration. I am more concerned about restoring parliamentary democracy and national sovereignty.

Oh good.

In which case would you please answer this question posed a few days ago:

On 6/3/2019 at 5:35 PM, John Wright said:

.......Tell us, with examples, what we get back, practically, from the illusory return of sovereignty.

Thanks very much.

3 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

Why would I waste my time typing up examples for you two losers who have no vote on the matter?

Oh dear. Another assumption that turns out to be at least 50% wrong because I DO have a vote on the matter.

And as I don't really understand what this "sovereignty" issue is all about I was hoping you could provide me with some useful insights that will help me and my partner to make an informed decision. Should we get another vote on it of course.

Thanks very much.

40 minutes ago, P.K. said:

And as I don't really understand what this "sovereignty" issue is all about I was hoping you could provide me with some useful insights that will help me and my partner to make an informed decision. Should we get another vote on it of course.

Thanks very much.

There is absolutely no point because you have a complete and utter blind spot on the matter of sovereignty and self-determination. You don't understand and you don't know what it means, so when it is spelt out to you it means nothing. You don't see it.

As to nurses, why do we not use our own people instead of stealing them from other countries? That is the scandal.

But don't worry. The longer this process goes on, the higher the likelihood of the backsliding pygmies (an insult from communist days) forcing a revocation and staying in the EU.

Edited by woolley
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, woolley said:

There is absolutely no point because you have a complete and utter blind spot on the matter of sovereignty and self-determination. You don't understand and you don't know what it means, so when it is spelt out you it means nothing. You don't see it.

As to nurses, why do we not use our own people instead of stealing them from other countries? That is the scandal.

But don't worry. The longer this process goes on, the higher the likelihood of the backsliding pygmies (an insult from communist days) forcing a revocation and staying in the EU.

You know this could be a delicious irony "so when it is spelt out you it means nothing" but it probably is not. Just written in a hurry I guess.

I don't think we're staying in the EU. I think we're leaving in some form or other.

Same old same old. Defining the "sovereignty" we get back remains a myth...

Nurses have been overseas recruits for a very long time in the NHS..I can recall when they were mostly Irish. Then West Indian and now all sorts...Long before the EC and EU...Natives do not want the job or once qualified move on to peripheral medicine such as private hospitals and clinics care home management, hospitality, aviation, cruise liners, admin, epidemiology...

4 minutes ago, P.K. said:

You know this could be a delicious irony "so when it is spelt out you it means nothing" but it probably is not. Just written in a hurry I guess.

I don't think we're staying in the EU. I think we're leaving in some form or other.

Same old same old. Defining the "sovereignty" we get back remains a myth...

to you (my error re the first line, now edited).

To you. (my answer re your final sentence).

5 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Bojo polls nearly 3 times as many votes as the 2nd place candidate, 114 vs 43.

Are there really that many demented Conservative MPs?

Yes...I hope Boris wins and causes lots of trouble...Besides nothing on telly for which I still qualify for a concessionary licence at £7.50 a year..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Bojo polls nearly 3 times as many votes as the 2nd place candidate, 114 vs 43.

Are there really that many demented Conservative MPs?

Do you even need to ask?

You see that standard of Manx politicians is not as bad as feared!