So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

6 minutes ago, woolley said:

Candidly, it's difficult not to form that impression around here sometimes. Politico wannabe though, certainly not. Too much hassle for not enough money.

Who in their right mind would want to associate themselves with a self serving "organisation" whose track record is a litany of ineptitude, poor decisions and fiscal overruns?

Just think making the disabled pay for their parking whilst retaining free parking for themselves.

Says it all really...

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

Who in their right mind would want to associate themselves with a self serving "organisation" whose track record is a litany of ineptitude, poor decisions and fiscal overruns?

Just think making the disabled pay for their parking whilst retaining free parking for themselves.

Says it all really...

What's this then? The WI? Yes, total bastards..

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, woolley said:

I read it. Thank you for taking the time to respond at such length. Obviously I don't agree about the benign intentions of the liberal elite.

Again with the Liberal Elite...

Who are they?  Why are they able to influence people more than the likes of Johnson, Farage, Trump et al?  Why is the Spectator not decried as fake news or part of the Liberal Elite?  These really should be simple questions to answer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Who are they?  Why are they able to influence people more than the likes of Johnson, Farage, Trump et al?  Why is the Spectator not decried as fake news or part of the Liberal Elite?  These really should be simple questions to answer.

There is no "liberal elite".  Its just a boogey man people like Farage created to scare the working class into "action".

The likes of woolley are so invested in this myth, they don't know anything else but to keep repeating it.

A banker, a middle class worker and someone on minimum wages are sat at a table with a big cake on it.

The banker takes two thirds of the cake and then warns the middle class worker that the liberal elite dont want him to have any cake and that the minimum wage worker is trying to steal it from him.

6 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

It's a state of mind that has been cultivated in the young. It grew in universities as far back as the 60s, so it's been around for far longer than the populists. It came out of university and assumed positions of influence within politics, judiciary and the media and so had the apparatus of state, courts and the broadcast media largely at its disposal for 50 years. The agenda is viewed by proponents as progressive - whatever that means - and right and it brooks no denial. Anyone who demurs is regressive, old fashioned and a dinosaur.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

There is no "liberal elite".  Its just a boogey man people like Farage created to scare the working class into "action".

The likes of woolley are so invested in this myth, they don't know anything else but to keep repeating it.

A banker, a middle class worker and someone on minimum wages are sat at a table with a big cake on it.

The banker takes two thirds of the cake and then warns the middle class worker that the liberal elite dont want him to have any cake and that the minimum wage worker is trying to steal it from him.

Says comfortable middle aged white man in Dorset.

7 minutes ago, woolley said:

Says comfortable middle aged white man in Dorset.

Well, I work hard for what I have and I'm only 39 so hardly "middle aged".

But then I am not blaming the countries (and the worlds for that matter) ills on a fictional group of illuminati-esque people plotting the down fall of mankind.

I'm the one who thinks the banker (along with his political friends who protect him) should be in jail for the damage they did back in the late 2000's, and his share of the cake should be evenly distributed between everyone.

1 minute ago, Barrie Stevens said:

They said that it would all take six months and we held all the cards....

Yes, it would have been, but then we sent in the remainers to negotiate with the EU. Under the circumstances, they should have passed the WA and moved on to the FR. We all know why they didn't.

4 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Well, I work hard for what I have and I'm only 39 so hardly "middle aged".

But then I am not blaming the countries (and the worlds for that matter) ills on a fictional group of illuminati-esque people plotting the down fall of mankind.

I'm the one who thinks the banker (along with his political friends who protect him) should be in jail for the damage they did back in the late 2000's, and his share of the cake should be evenly distributed between everyone.

Double 39 is 78. Plenty don't make that. Not sure what middle paragraph is about, but agree with last paragraph. They're heading the same way again too, if they're allowed.

16 minutes ago, woolley said:

Yes, it would have been, but then we sent in the remainers to negotiate with the EU. Under the circumstances, they should have passed the WA and moved on to the FR. We all know why they didn't.

Give it a rest Woolster.

So David Davis, Raab etc are Remainers then?

Don't think so....

3 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Give it a rest Woolster.

So David Davis, Raab etc are Remainers then?

Don't think so....

They would not pursue the FTA which could have been obtained and went Brussels native, so Davis resigned. The aim was to have the nearest Brexit to No Brexit that they could get away with.

1 minute ago, woolley said:

They would not pursue the FTA which could have been obtained and went Brussels native, so Davis resigned. The aim was to have the nearest Brexit to No Brexit that they could get away with.

So Davis and Raab are remainers then?

Don't think so...

I recall you posting that the agreement cobbled together by public servants Weyand and Robbins was a decent attempt.

Have you changed your mind?

3 minutes ago, P.K. said:

So Davis and Raab are remainers then?

Don't think so...

I recall you posting that the agreement cobbled together by public servants Weyand and Robbins was a decent attempt.

Have you changed your mind?

No. They resigned because they were swimming in treacle among the remainers in their own team. Like playing football in a team where half of your teammates are working against you.

I did post that under the circumstances (i.e, being negotiated by remainers) it was the best we were going to see. On balance I would have taken it at the time, yes, and then move on the the future relationship.