So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

55 minutes ago, woolley said:

Not if you listen to the prophets of doom. (Which you do, of course, because you are one.)

Hey Woolster, still waiting for your comment on this:

On 6/25/2019 at 10:01 AM, P.K. said:

Did you see the Johnson interview?

On the no deal exit he immediately slipped into Brexit Bonus Bollox mode declaring how there would be no tariffs on imports etc etc.

I'm starting to wonder if the level of denial on here pervades the HoC as well or if it's just politics.

Take Liam Fox for example. He MUST know that a trade deal with the EU has a "most favoured nation" clause which means if you sign up to trade with the EU then any deals you make subsequently with other entities must be less than the EU trade deal.

Yet Fox swans off to Japan and comes back bitching to the HoC that they wouldn't play ball. 

The only conclusion one can draw from that performance is that Fox is just playing to the crowd to keep the brexit deception going....

Where is Lap-Yap by the way?

With his vivid and febrile imagination surely he can come up with counters to the disaster that is Johnson PM?

3 hours ago, P.K. said:

When you realise it was The Woolster who accused you of that perhaps....?

I think it's nice that even when the UK is facing a world trade financial abyss courtesy of self-centred, lying, narcissistic philanderer Boris Johnson we can still find things to smile about - like a lack of cohesion.....

My comment was addressed to Woolley too, I hadn’t read yours, but was equally flabbergasted that Woolley was using Alex Jones language. Woolley has always struck me as a decent bloke that can’t rationalise brexit, but really, really wants it for emotional reasons. If he came out and said:

‘It would, I admit,  make us poorer and less influential, but there’s a superficial ‘Britishness’ (that might just be ‘Englishness’) that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, that can only be satisfied by full on brexit and you can’t dissuade me of it because I really, really want it at whatever cost’ 

I would have no riposte - but when brexiters  pretend there is an economic case for anyone but the very rich and produce demonstrable untruths to support their case - that’s when I step in pull the the rug from under them. 

5 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

My comment was addressed to Woolley too, I hadn’t read yours, but was equally flabbergasted that Woolley was using Alex Jones language. Woolley has always struck me as a decent bloke that can’t rationalise brexit, but really, really wants it for emotional reasons. If he came out and said:

‘It would, I admit,  make us poorer and less influential, but there’s a superficial ‘Britishness’ (that might just be ‘Englishness’) that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, that can only be satisfied by full on brexit and you can’t dissuade me of it because I really, really want it at whatever cost’ 

I would have no riposte - but when brexiters  pretend there is an economic case for anyone but the very rich and produce demonstrable untruths to support their case - that’s when I step in pull the the rug from under them. 

We have a standoff you see, Freggy.

You think that I can't rationalise it, but I know that you can't rationalise it, because you only ever seem to concern yourself with the trade/economic aspect of it (in the medium term it would turn out to be neutral), which to me is an important part, but only one part of a far bigger geopolitical picture that stretches way into the future.

12 minutes ago, woolley said:

We have a standoff you see, Freggy.

You think that I can't rationalise it, but I know that you can't rationalise it, because you only ever seem to concern yourself with the trade/economic aspect of it (in the medium term it would turn out to be neutral), which to me is an important part, but only one part of a far bigger geopolitical picture that stretches way into the future.

So not bad for a "liberal elite bag-carrier" then Woolster?

Sorry but after that it's very difficult to take anything you post seriously....:)

Even though as a nation we are in a very serious situation.

So once again what's your take on this:

On 6/25/2019 at 10:01 AM, P.K. said:

Did you see the Johnson interview?

On the no deal exit he immediately slipped into Brexit Bonus Bollox mode declaring how there would be no tariffs on imports etc etc.

I'm starting to wonder if the level of denial on here pervades the HoC as well or if it's just politics.

Take Liam Fox for example. He MUST know that a trade deal with the EU has a "most favoured nation" clause which means if you sign up to trade with the EU then any deals you make subsequently with other entities must be less than the EU trade deal.

Yet Fox swans off to Japan and comes back bitching to the HoC that they wouldn't play ball. 

The only conclusion one can draw from that performance is that Fox is just playing to the crowd to keep the brexit deception going....

Why is Lap-Yap leaving you to do the honours unsupported?

Sure everyone is sick to death of the lies surrounding brexit but even so...

7 hours ago, woolley said:

Just saying Sovereignty over and over isn't really rationalising it, though.

And we have previously in this Topic, along with all informed and rational commentators, agreed that the economic effect will be negative and will last for a medium to long term.

2 hours ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

Just saying Sovereignty over and over isn't really rationalising it, though.

And we have previously in this Topic, along with all informed and rational commentators, agreed that the economic effect will be negative and will last for a medium to long term.

I don't JUST say sovereignty over and over again, although it is the bedrock of the nation and always will be. No love, peace, hippy planet anytime soon. I have tried at length to set out the case in more detail but nobody is interested in trying to understand, so there really is no point in going around the circle yet again. They have their minds closed and tuned in to pro-Brussels propaganda. For instance, nobody acknowledges the point I made about direct inward investment which has been better than Germany and France combined. They prefer to wallow in the minutiae such as this from my good friend PK: It's pathetic really, but it is what it is.

"So not bad for a "liberal elite bag-carrier" then Woolster?

Sorry but after that it's very difficult to take anything you post seriously...."

It's pathetic really, but it is what it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, woolley said:

Well as soon as I saw the word "Johnson" I lost interest. The man is a total tosser, so what do you think my take is?

However, there is no way that there would be tariffs, if that's what you mean. At least not for more than a few weeks.

Just more Project Fear. Business would not allow it.

11 minutes ago, woolley said:

I don't JUST say sovereignty over and over again, although it is the bedrock of the nation and always will be. No love, peace, hippy planet anytime soon. I have tried at length to set out the case in more detail but nobody is interested in trying to understand, so there really is no point in going around the circle yet again. They have their minds closed and tuned in to pro-Brussels propaganda. For instance, nobody acknowledges the point I made about direct inward investment which has been better than Germany and France combined. They prefer to wallow in the minutiae such as this from my good friend PK: It's pathetic really, but it is what it is.

"So not bad for a "liberal elite bag-carrier" then Woolster?

Sorry but after that it's very difficult to take anything you post seriously...."

It's pathetic really, but it is what it is.

Sorry Woolster but I plus others just can't take the chimera that is so-called sovereignty seriously.

"Liberal elite bag-carrier" isn't just pathetic - it's really really funny!

6 minutes ago, woolley said:

However, there is no way that there would be tariffs, if that's what you mean. At least not for more than a few weeks.

If we crash out with no deal then the rest of the planet can impose tariffs on UK exports and there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

So stop trying to label the facts of Brexit as "Project Fear" presumably in the hope they may go away...?

3 minutes ago, P.K. said:

If we crash out with no deal then the rest of the planet can impose tariffs on UK exports and there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

So stop trying to label the facts of Brexit as "Project Fear" presumably in the hope they may go away...?

Not gonna happen on so many levels.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, P.K. said:

And, by the way, the term "crash out" is in itself a device of Project Fear.

13 minutes ago, woolley said:

13 minutes ago, woolley said:

Few weeks....Where have we heard that before....Like we hold all the cards and...It will all be over by Christmas....