So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Er..... No we are not. By leaving, we are taking 15% of their GDP, but reducing the EU population by only 10%. Other countries and ECB quantitive easing has to make up the rest to pay for the weaker countries and failing EU project.

So would you have chosen the order of events of the last 9 months to gain the best advantage for leaving then?

PS No need to adopt woody's posting style should anyone have the temerity to think this could have been done better.

Things could always have been done better, but to err is human. We are finally taking the right course after 44 years of tying ourselves to a pointless fantasy about a continent wide state which was always a pipe dream and always doomed to failure. Hurray! It is being made difficult by those who are yet to realise that the emperor has no clothes, but it is nonetheless the right course as the EU is doomed to failure. They say that the 27 will maintain a united front. Let us see how long that lasts.

Even if it was not the best course (it is, but even if it was not), we have now set sail and there is no going back. We have to make a success of it. Can you imagine the hell of doing a U turn as the idiot Clegg and many in the Lords would like to see? What would happen then? Well, for starters, the insufferable EU would never let it rest. We would never hear the last of it. If it's so bad outside, they would say, it must be wonderful inside. Full steam ahead to a united states of Europe. Opt outs? Forget them. Budget rebate? Oh no. You came back with your tail between your legs and you will pay - double the contributions. When do you want to to join the Euro? Oh and you will of course be welcomed into the Schengen area and take your quota of Mrs Merkel's refugees. Wouldn't it all be wonderful? Laughing stock of the EU. Rule Britannia!

Edited by woolley

Definitely wouldn't want to do a U turn and I accept the vote and always have done.

It does not follow that just because you think it's mad to jump into the abyss that all that went before was perfect. It clearly wasn't but it didn't justify the huge risk we have taken.

Fingers crossed eh?

Edited by ballaughbiker

The alternative is to say we'll carry on providing the same joint security effort while you try to shaft us on trade. Clearly that doesn't make sense.

What doesn't make sense is linking, in any context, security and trade. The two things are completely separate. Britain can compete on trade and partner on security. Anything else would be idiotic.

Separately - it's obvious today that we are less and less defined by borders. Especially younger and more ambitious people. We are not in the same tribes simply for being from the same places. That's a great thing.

• Like 1

The alternative is to say we'll carry on providing the same joint security effort while you try to shaft us on trade. Clearly that doesn't make sense.

What doesn't make sense is linking, in any context, security and trade. The two things are completely separate. Britain can compete on trade and partner on security. Anything else would be idiotic.

Separately - it's obvious today that we are less and less defined by borders. Especially younger and more ambitious people. We are not in the same tribes simply for being from the same places. That's a great thing.

I agree what a disgusting statement to add to a letter on relationships and trade deals. As if she (or the UK) is ever not going to assist in sharing intelligence to ensure the lives of people around the world are not best protected just to get a trade deal - that sets the tone of the whole selfish Brexit debate to me. Agree with us or some of your citizens might inadvertently die if we feel like it. That line should never have been in the letter and will come back to haunt the UK and May in particular. It just shows how selfish and disgusting the debate has become.

• Like 2

they are a direct link to the eu, why wouldn't you mention them?

Er..... No we are not. By leaving, we are taking 15% of their GDP, but reducing the EU population by only 10%. Other countries and ECB quantitive easing has to make up the rest to pay for the weaker countries and failing EU project.

So would you have chosen the order of events of the last 9 months to gain the best advantage for leaving then?

PS No need to adopt woody's posting style should anyone have the temerity to think this could have been done better.

call me dave should of stuck to his word, walked away when a bad deal was offered, and triggered a50 straight away. its the eurotards that have delayed progress....

what's been interesting is despite the eu saying it would not enter discussions before a50 was triggered, they have only mentioned money. that's what the uk needs to target,that's their soft spot, ask for 500bn+ the uk has paid back....

I agree what a disgusting statement to add to a letter on relationships and trade deals. As if she (or the UK) is ever not going to assist in sharing intelligence to ensure the lives of people around the world are not best protected just to get a trade deal - that sets the tone of the whole selfish Brexit debate to me. Agree with us or some of your citizens might inadvertently die if we feel like it. That line should never have been in the letter and will come back to haunt the UK and May in particular. It just shows how selfish and disgusting the debate has become.

Rubbish. You have to deal with the world as it is and not as you would like it to be.

We can look forward shortly to the end of all war then. Brilliant.

Looks like Richard stopped posting just after I suggested the job centre. My work here is done. smile.png

Richard finishes work at 16:00 (starts at 08:00) and doesn't post on MF outside of work because I have better things to do with my personal time than trade poop flinging with you chimps.

Good job you got there, Richard. thumbsup.gif I know you can get a lot done whilst also posting on here, but I don't think many bosses are so enlightened. You're lucky to have one.