So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

4 hours ago, P.K. said:

Very funny.

If you ever wanted to know why a VERY wealthy UK property investment CEO would want to be an MEP look no further than Ben Habib.

"Why is someone like that an MEP?" I hear you ask.

Here he is on Newsnight very  condescendingly explaining to Emily Maitlis how stuff works.

https://www.indy100.com/article/ben-habib-emily-maitlis-bbc-newsnight-brexit-party-mep-economy-watch-video-9008031

Unfortunately for Habib apparently Emily Maitlis, thanks to hubby Mark Gwynne, knows what she's talking about.

Habib's almost chaotic response has been roundly ridiculed and quite rightly too....

@woolley

So Woolster, what do you make of philanthropist Ben Habib....?

6 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49021081

"The UK will have to "face the consequences" if it opts to leave without a deal, the EU's chief Brexit negotiator has said.

Michel Barnier told BBC Panorama the thrice-rejected agreement negotiated by Theresa May was the "only way to leave the EU in an orderly manner".

He also insisted Mrs May and her ministers "never" told him during Brexit talks she might opt for no deal.

Publicly, Mrs May has always insisted no deal is better than a bad deal.

In his first UK broadcast interview - conducted in May before the start of the Conservative leadership contest - Mr Barnier was asked what would happen if the UK "just tore up the membership card" for the EU.

"The UK will have to face the consequences," he replied."

"Elsewhere in the programme, Theresa May's de facto deputy David Lidington revealed that a senior EU official made a secret offer to the UK to put Brexit on hold for five years and negotiate a "new deal for Europe".

Mr Lidington said the offer was passed on in 2018 by Martin Selmayr, a senior aide to EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker.

"Martin sort of said, 'Look, why don't we have a deal whereby we just put all this on ice for five years?'

"Let's see how things go, let's get the UK involved with France and Germany, let's see how the dust settles and let's talk about whether we can come to a new deal for Europe.'""

So of course you take whatever the EU says publicly as cast in stone gospel. Face the consequences, indeed. Who the hell does he think he's talking to? The EU would also have to "face the consequences" but they have never been invited to. If they were, then they would have to explain to business people all over the continent why they want to stand in the way of trade to pursue political agendas.

As for the "new deal for Europe", isn't this rather familiar? It sounds a lot like what Call Me Dave was after in 2015. That didn't make much headway, did it? They didn't want to know then. All part of the delay and procrastinate policy while we find a way to keep you locked into our pan-continental political union for ever. THAT is the agenda, and it always was. EU enthusiasts just can't see past the end of their noses.

3 minutes ago, P.K. said:

We can see the growth figures that the UK has enjoyed as a member of the EU.

Does that count?

1 minute ago, RIchard Britten said:

There you are again with that irony and lack of reality again.

Ignoring the elephant in the room and succinctly proving my point.

As for the "new deal for Europe", isn't this rather familiar? It sounds a lot like what Call Me Dave was after in 2015. That didn't make much headway, did it? They didn't want to know then. All part of the delay and procrastinate policy while we find a way to keep you locked into our pan-continental political union for ever. THAT is the agenda, and it always was. 

A little reminder

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Ignoring the elephant in the room and succinctly proving my point.

Noticed you ducked the "Ben Habib" question.

Don't blame you really.

People like him give the Brexit party a bad name....

Now THAT'S funny!

34 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Noticed you ducked the "Ben Habib" question.

Don't blame you really.

People like him give the Brexit party a bad name....

Now THAT'S funny!

I'll answer it. What about him? I have no opinion on him at all. He's irrelevant to this.

1 hour ago, woolley said:

I'll answer it. What about him? I have no opinion on him at all. He's irrelevant to this.

I disagree.

As an indicator of just how low politics has sunk in the UK thanks to Farage, Gove and Johnson it's very relevant.

9 hours ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

I see OBR has opined that the cost of no-deal Brexit is estimated at £30bn pa.  I had no idea sovereignty was so expensive!

It isn't. More Project Fear for the masses. The OBR has no mystical powers.  

Edited by woolley