So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

2 minutes ago, woolley said:

Again, as ever, you overestimate the power of the declining media.

Sky television is in roughly 10 million homes, and the Mirror having an approximate daily circulation of 500,000 copies, Sun 1.3 million, and Mail 1.2 million that is not numbers to be sniffed at when talking about influence national politics.

2 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Sky television is in roughly 10 million homes, and the Mirror having an approximate daily circulation of 500,000 copies, Sun 1.3 million, and Mail 1.2 million that is not numbers to be sniffed at when talking about influence national politics.

As I said, newspapers are a declining influence. 500k, 1.3 million etc. in a population of over 60 million? You're having a laugh.

Sky TV? Murdoch doesn't even own Sky anymore (or the part of it that he once owned), but ignoring that, the Sky subscriber base is also declining - a million in 4 years. Streaming is beating it hands down now. No wonder Murdoch sold. He's no fool. Besides, nobody who has Sky is remotely interested in watching Sky News. I wonder what the ratings are for that? Tens of thousands? On a good day? :D

1 hour ago, woolley said:

As I said, newspapers are a declining influence. 500k, 1.3 million etc. in a population of over 60 million? You're having a laugh.

Sky TV? Murdoch doesn't even own Sky anymore (or the part of it that he once owned), but ignoring that, the Sky subscriber base is also declining - a million in 4 years. Streaming is beating it hands down now. No wonder Murdoch sold. He's no fool. Besides, nobody who has Sky is remotely interested in watching Sky News. I wonder what the ratings are for that? Tens of thousands? On a good day? :D

Tell you what. Concentrate on Sky tv and just conveniently forget that The Dirty Digger owns The Sun. Good idea that.....

I think hard-nosed professional politician Donald Tusk's "congratulary" note to Johnson summed a lot up.

All twelve words of it:

“I look forward to meeting you to discuss — in detail — our co-operation"

Tusk clearly knows that narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Johnson is big on bluster but he doesn't do "detail" so to speak.

That's why they all think the UK has become a basket case....

40 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Of course it hasn’t - only last year the new Foreign Secretary learned that Calais is an important port for British exports. What more do you want?

12 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Of course it hasn’t - only last year the new Foreign Secretary learned that Calais is an important port for British exports. What more do you want?

What could possibly go wrong.....

If Ramsey's infamous Joke Shop was still in business I could see a job for BoJo there, behind the counter. Wearing a fez, selling fart cushions and plastic dog turds or something.

9 minutes ago, P.K. said:

What could possibly go wrong.....

Absolutely nothing. It’ll all be just perfect. Really. No...honestly,  it will. Really.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

If Ramsey's infamous Joke Shop was still in business I could see a job for BoJo there, behind the counter. Wearing a fez, selling fart cushions and plastic dog turds or something.

It’ll take some doing to eject Rob Callister from that cushy little number.

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

I think hard-nosed professional politician Donald Tusk's "congratulary" note to Johnson summed a lot up.

All twelve words of it:

“I look forward to meeting you to discuss — in detail — our co-operation"

Tusk clearly knows that narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Johnson is big on bluster but he doesn't do "detail" so to speak.

Strange that you think everyone in Brussels is a hard nosed professional while everyone from the UK is a blithering idiot.

It would be rather strange too, if they thought that the UK is a basket case seeing as it is the number one destination in Europe for foreign investment. Just because you would like that to be the case to prove your perverse and interminable pessimistic moaning correct doesn't mean it is so.

14 hours ago, woolley said:

But this is the sleight of hand that has been pulled.

You keep saying "ignore print media".  Lets guestimate a daily circulation of 10 million total for the likes of the red top rags and the tory-graph.

Now you say "60 million", lets take anyone under the age of 16 out of the equation as they are the least likely to buy a newspaper and are below voting age.  That is nearly 20% of the population according to recent ONS figures.  So roughly 12 million people out of the pool leaving roughly 48 million people.

There were 46 million registered to vote for Brexit with only 33.5 million people actually voting, 17.4 million of which voted to Leave.

So that 10 million copies a day starts to sound like quite a big number when you consider the target audience size is not 60 million, but rather close to 17 million.  And I haven't even factored in online subscriptions, Facebook, Twitter, etc (plus a light sprinkling of Cambridge Analytica)

For someone who considers themselves so "woke", you really do buy into the financial elites propaganda hook line and sinker.