So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

8 hours ago, woolley said:

Fully agree. But IF it all goes pear shaped.

As far as I can tell the plan is as follows.

Narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson has created a cabinet in his own image I.e. completely venal and morally compromised. So bad that the failing man's failure Chris Grayling jumped before he was pushed. He has also hired the Vote Leave mastermind Dominic Cummings as a "special advisor". After all, as he has been found in contempt of parliament he is the perfect choice to advise a totally amoral Prime Minister.

Johnson has immediately started spouting unplanned (and therefore completely unfunded) populist bollox as a sop to the stupid. For example having been a member of the government who got rid of 20,000 policemen he has promised to hire 20,000 policemen. A high speed trans-pennine railway. More nurses etc etc and more hollow empty promises than you could shake a stick at ......

So I expect a snap election brought about by, wait for it, the intransigence of the EU!

The EU has already stated that a change of UK PM makes no difference to the situation. I mean, why should it? Johnson will go to the EU and probably come back empty-handed, because that's what he wants. So he will call a snap election along the lines of "Vote Tory To Exit The EU - It's The Patriotic Thing To Do" or similar. Hmmm - not bad actually, even if I do say so myself.

He will then get in with a big enough majority to force a no-deal exit.

Goodnight Vienna....

This is a possibility. The election, that is, without your ludicrous hyperbole. One thing stands in the way, though. There are lots of nervous MPs of both colours worried about their majorities, and the last thing they want right now is an election. Even Johnson had his majority cut in 2017. 

1 hour ago, woolley said:

This is a possibility. The election, that is, without your ludicrous hyperbole. One thing stands in the way, though. There are lots of nervous MPs of both colours worried about their majorities, and the last thing they want right now is an election. Even Johnson had his majority cut in 2017. 

My my.

Aren't we getting tetchy....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-party-bus-abandoned-hedge-by-election-brecon-radnorshire-a9024431.html

"A Brexit Party bus was found abandoned in a hedge late last night after it broke down in the Brecon Beacons.

James Wells MEP, who is campaigning for the party in an upcoming by-election in Wales, confirmed that the bus broke down and had to be left until this morning to be picked up.

It was discovered by BBC journalist Sue Charles, who found it abandoned with its doors open, blocking a lay-by, at around 11pm on Saturday when she was driving to Cardiff.

“From a distance, it looked as if it was an accident but as you got closer you could see it was in a hedge and you could see it was a Brexit bus,” Ms Charles said.

“It thought it was very odd that it had been left side-on blocking the layby.”"

Well, if there was a more apt visualisation of both the Brexit Party and Brexit itself, I have yet to see it.

33 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-party-bus-abandoned-hedge-by-election-brecon-radnorshire-a9024431.html

"A Brexit Party bus was found abandoned in a hedge late last night after it broke down in the Brecon Beacons.

James Wells MEP, who is campaigning for the party in an upcoming by-election in Wales, confirmed that the bus broke down and had to be left until this morning to be picked up.

It was discovered by BBC journalist Sue Charles, who found it abandoned with its doors open, blocking a lay-by, at around 11pm on Saturday when she was driving to Cardiff.

“From a distance, it looked as if it was an accident but as you got closer you could see it was in a hedge and you could see it was a Brexit bus,” Ms Charles said.

“It thought it was very odd that it had been left side-on blocking the layby.”"

Well, if there was a more apt visualisation of both the Brexit Party and Brexit itself, I have yet to see it.

That's getting a bit desperate, Richard. I thought it was going to be a case of driving under the influence of wild fantasies before fleeing from arrest at the very least. ☺

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

record.jpg

PK, I could append that response to virtually every Remain/Europhile/Project Fear post on here in the past 3 years.

Perhaps there should be a second referendum with the question: Do you wish the UK to be part of the projected United States of Europe? Yes or No.

3 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

We had national self determination before Brexit.

This from the person who says they didn't buy into the propaganda of the financial elites.

National self-determination is anathema to the globalist financial elites.

• Like 1