So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49183324

"The government has announced an extra £2.1bn of funding to prepare for a no-deal Brexit - doubling the amount of money it has set aside this year.

The plans include more border force officers and upgrades to transport infrastructure at ports.

There will also be more money to ease traffic congestion in Kent and tackle queues created by delays at the border.

Shadow chancellor John McDonnell described the plans as "an appalling waste of taxpayers' cash"."

First BoJo annouces £100 million advertising for No Deal Brexit, and now this.

Strange how we can always keep pruning the magic money tree for this farce (as well as conjuring 20,000 police officers out of thin air), but taxes are up and spending where it counts is down.

9 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

Its not like you to be uber condescending and patronising to young people...

But then you are the "expert".

Thanks, Richard. I find that some of the smartest young people I speak to in and out of business are at one with my assessments. Then there are the others who would cheer the advent of the United States of Europe.

9 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49183324

"The government has announced an extra £2.1bn of funding to prepare for a no-deal Brexit - doubling the amount of money it has set aside this year.

The plans include more border force officers and upgrades to transport infrastructure at ports.

There will also be more money to ease traffic congestion in Kent and tackle queues created by delays at the border.

Shadow chancellor John McDonnell described the plans as "an appalling waste of taxpayers' cash"."

First BoJo annouces £100 million advertising for No Deal Brexit, and now this.

Strange how we can always keep pruning the magic money tree for this farce (as well as conjuring 20,000 police officers out of thin air), but taxes are up and spending where it counts is down.

If we ever get to Brexit, I would venture that the eventual resultant boost to GDP would eclipse any financial expense in the preparation. What's £2bn anyway? 30 quid per head of population. When set against the future well-being of the country?

2 hours ago, woolley said:

If we ever get to Brexit, I would venture that the eventual resultant boost to GDP would eclipse any financial expense in the preparation.

You've changed your tune. A couple of months ago you agreed that there would be a measurable and sustained hit to GDP of Brexit in any flavour.

53 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

You've changed your tune. A couple of months ago you agreed that there would be a measurable and sustained hit to GDP of Brexit in any flavour.

There could be in the short term. Yes, agreed. I've not changed my mind about that. I'm projecting longer term here. Obviously in the near future it depends how much self-harm the EU wishes to do to its members in order to punish the UK for having the temerity to leave.

14 hours ago, woolley said:

Thanks, Richard. I find that some of the smartest young people I speak to in and out of business are at one with my assessments. Then there are the others who would cheer the advent of the United States of Europe.

I'll take "things that never happened except in your head to make a point on an internet forum" for 500 points.

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-hundreds-of-gagging-orders-taken-out-by-government-11671933?fbclid=IwAR08obguZdLsGFfmVzwWbJQYgzOjNQ87RqvihOwayYulTTbSNp8LyvBArmw

"The Department for Transport (DfT) told us it had 79 separate NDAs by the end of February. Of these, we understand that around 50 had been signed in the preceding three months, at an average of around four per week."

This from a government that wants a bad door hack into private communications between its citizens, but they don't want you to know what a balls up and financial sink hold Brexit is going to be.

2 hours ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

But the self harm is contained within the UK. EU economic performance won't have a measurable hit from Brexit.

Well I don't think it will either. Because I don't think Brussels will be allowed by the major European traders to raise barriers. It is ridiculous to assert that the UK will have a disaster while the EU won't take a measurable hit when they sell the UK more goods than vice versa. Too much propaganda consumption, I suspect. Certainly too many people falling for the official EU line. This is not slavishly believed on the continent, especially in Germany and more particularly in German business.  They are desperate for an arrangement. 

@ Richard.   You need to stop listening to pessimists, lighten up and prepare for the future. There's good business to be done. I'm not projecting next year on the basis we wont be buying and selling to Europe.  Not gonna happen. Oh, and I do things in the real world,  not just in my head. Got the fortune to prove it. Don't judge others by your own standards. 

3 hours ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

But the self harm is contained within the UK. EU economic performance won't have a measurable hit from Brexit.

Another fact to consider, Bobbie. We are used to being told that we are hopelessly outgunned and this is a case of 27 against 1. It's not quite like that. The UK GDP alone is larger than the 19 smallest EU economies combined . No measurable effect? Come on!

Edited by woolley

11 minutes ago, woolley said:

Got the fortune to prove it. 

I'll take "things that people say as an appeal to authority on anonymous internet forums" for 500 points.

Also "fortune" is relative.  £1,000 is a fortune to someone with nothing.

The UK economy is worth trillions of pounds, so you're piddle pocket change "fortune" is hardly something to strut about for.

1 minute ago, RIchard Britten said:

I'll take "things that people say as an appeal to authority on anonymous internet forums" for 500 points.

Also "fortune" is relative.  £1,000 is a fortune to someone with nothing.

The UK economy is worth trillions of pounds, so you're piddle pocket change "fortune" is hardly something to strut about for.

So don't assume you know what people have done in the real world when you have absolutely no clue. That is exactly the same. Meaningless twaddle without context.  I'm never gonna pay off the national debt but I won't be going to the food bank either.