So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Just now, woolley said:

So don't assume you know what people have done in the real world when you have absolutely no clue. That is exactly the same. Meaningless twaddle without context.  I'm never gonna pay off the national debt but I won't be going to the food bank either.  

I'll have to take your anonymous word for it.

You keep cheer leading Brexit, despite all the evidence (but you don't trust experts...except when you do).

Just now, RIchard Britten said:

I'll have to take your anonymous word for it.

You keep cheer leading Brexit, despite all the evidence (but you don't trust experts...except when you do).

This anonymous thing YET again. I will remind you that you were anonymous until you moved to Dorset and then came out all big man about using your own name from way beyond any meaningful reach of the forum. Like the small dog that yaps through the window as you pass by but bravely runs out into the road and stands giving you the full volley from 200 yards away. Or miles in your case. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, woolley said:

This anonymous thing YET again. I will remind you that you were anonymous until you moved to Dorset and then came out all big man about using your own name from way beyond any meaningful reach of the forum. Like the small dog that yaps through the window as you pass by but bravely runs out into the road and stands giving you the full volley from 200 yards away. Or miles in your case. 

I'm not the one claiming to be a financial genius, (with a fortune) who knows better than all the experts on a public forum with an made up avatar...

(Looks like I touched a nerve there).

Edited by RIchard Britten

1 hour ago, RIchard Britten said:

I'm not the one claiming to be a financial genius, (with a fortune) who knows better than all the experts on a public forum with an made up avatar...

(Looks like I touched a nerve there).

No, but you are assuming some sort of kudos ensues from using your name seeing as you tell us about it frequently. It doesn't.  It's funny because I thought that I had touched a nerve as you have become more skittish than usual since I mentioned the United States of Europe.  Perhaps you advocate this bold endeavour in social engineering?

Edited by woolley

16 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Am I the one claiming to possess a fortune?

But only because you CLAIM to know what others have done in the real world and only in their heads. Quite a skill. Or quite a nerve. So, valiantly attempting to get back on topic. The United States of Europe? Better than Brexit?

25 minutes ago, woolley said:

Totally sidestepping the question.  Do you advocate a United States of Europe? 

How can anyone advocate something that's simply bollox  dreamt up by brexiteers to build on their "loss of sovereignty" nonsense....?

The ONLY organisation that can pass UK law is our own Sovereign Parliament.

Hence their will be no scary "United States of Europe" or whatever dramatic label the fantasists want to put on it.

Can't you find another barrel that needs scraping...?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, woolley said:

But only because you CLAIM to know what others have done in the real world and only in their heads. Quite a skill. Or quite a nerve. So, valiantly attempting to get back on topic. The United States of Europe? Better than Brexit?

You really aren't getting this are you?

You might as well be claiming your dad is bigger than my dad, unless you can verify such a claim, it is just that.

372vwe.jpg

You really aren't getting this are you?

You might as well be claiming your dad is bigger than my dad, unless you can verify such a claim, it is just that.

372vwe.jpg

OK rmanx. Whatever you say. I'm getting it loud and clear!

Edited by woolley

59 minutes ago, P.K. said:

How can anyone advocate something that's simply bollox  dreamt up by brexiteers to build on their "loss of sovereignty" nonsense....?

The ONLY organisation that can pass UK law is our own Sovereign Parliament.

Hence their will be no scary "United States of Europe" or whatever dramatic label the fantasists want to put on it.

Can't you find another barrel that needs scraping...?

Give it a few more treaties. Our sovereign parliament has to nod through European legislation without scrutinisation because it is in areas where competence has been ceded to Brussels. That will get worse.

Depends, what do you mean by a "United States of Europe"?

Where the legislatures of the nations that make it up are nothing more than glorified council chambers with no powers of statehood and the executive runs the federation from the centre. Brussels? Munich?

PK clearly doesn't think that this can happen, but it is the logical conclusion of "ever closer union", is it not?