So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 hour ago, Barrie Stevens said:

New UK passport arrived this morning...European Union no longer appears on cover...So that is that then...Mind you it also says United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland..And that is no longer set in stone.... 

Never mind all that guff about living and working in the EU "without let or hindrance" or mandatory WTO tariffs or any of the rest of the inconsequential nonsense about turning our backs on the best deal in the best trading bloc on the planet just confirm you now have A BLUE PASSPORT just like Winston Churchill would have had!

Thanks....

23 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Never mind all that guff about living and working in the EU "without let or hindrance" or mandatory WTO tariffs or any of the rest of the inconsequential nonsense about turning our backs on the best deal in the best trading bloc on the planet just confirm you now have A BLUE PASSPORT just like Winston Churchill would have had!

Thanks....

No it is not a blue passport. There has been controversy over the decision to issue new burgundy coloured passports with EU deleted from the cover despite still being in the EU and not having left yet. So my new passport is Burgundy and is valid ten years. Never mind Churchill's passport I still have my old Blue passport complete with entries when we were limited on how much money we could take out of the country. I still have the leather cover we used for the Blue passports...But it looks like I will not have  a Blue passport for ten years if at all...

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/blue-uk-passport-to-return-after-eu-exit

42 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Thanks....

My old British Islands passport issued in Douglas under authority of the Lt Governor over ten years ago was also Burgundy in colour and had European Union on the front...So has EU been deleted from the cover of Island passports..... 

48 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Thanks....

My old dark blue passport but which looks black to me as I am colour blind is so old it is handwritten in part...Like Winston Churchill's....Will that do you...

1 hour ago, Barrie Stevens said:

No it is not a blue passport. There has been controversy over the decision to issue new burgundy coloured passports with EU deleted from the cover despite still being in the EU and not having left yet. So my new passport is Burgundy and is valid ten years. Never mind Churchill's passport I still have my old Blue passport complete with entries when we were limited on how much money we could take out of the country. I still have the leather cover we used for the Blue passports...But it looks like I will not have  a Blue passport for ten years if at all...

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/blue-uk-passport-to-return-after-eu-exit

So all the brexit bollox was for nothing.

No blue passports.

Gutted.....