So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

17 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

The report says no new checks and is dated July 19th 2019....Things are moving on hence the Irish Times report...

irish times doesn't say anything new, the contingency plan hasn't changed and they don't need to discuss it with the uk.......

So they need some form of sustenance. If they are illegal it will come to light when they apply for work or try to claim benefits. Then they can be deported. I appreciate there would be a number involved in criminality or working in the black market economy,  but that is a law enforcement issue.  

Hmmm I might agree if we had an ID # like Spain or an ID card like France but we haven't a clue who is here and who is not. That's great fodder for Haw-Haw because he came blame the EU's freedom of movement for workers which he's done for at least 5 years. Without doing that he wouldn't have made the case for the desired border lockdown for all those so frightened by immigration. Without that case, the "winners" wouldn't have got their result yet they seem remarkably ambivalent about this border now.

I'd wager most brexiters would not be happy about catching 'them' at a later date as you seem to be. 

12 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Hmmm I might agree if we had an ID # like Spain or an ID card like France but we haven't a clue who is here and who is not. 

We do have a tax and national insurance identity which serves just as well for this purpose. Then the local authorities need to get among the street dwellers and start asking questions. More than half of people living rough in London are foreigners. Why? What sort of life is that? What good are they doing by being there?

Ode to Joy, it certainly doesn't apply to this thread, very little f***ing joy in here! ;)

Totally unconnected to leaving the EU but why don't they use this as an opportunity to ditch the woeful God save the Queen/King anthem and change to Land of Hope and Glory, which is much more rousing.

• Like 1

We do have a tax and national insurance identity which serves just as well for this purpose

'Fraid not or else landlords would not be forced to act as unpaid Border Force personnel.

I'm sure you aware that eg Spain's system means you have to quote your NIE # constantly to negotiate life. We perhaps should have something like that and the issues we supposedly have, and that won the vote, can be linked back to its absence.

All that still hasn't answered the question of 'no hard border, no border control' if the stupidly alleged 77m can just walk in.

1 minute ago, mojomonkey said:

Ode to Joy, it certainly doesn't apply to this thread, very little f***ing joy in here! ;)

Totally unconnected to leaving the EU but why don't they use this as an opportunity to ditch the woeful God save the Queen/King anthem and change to Land of Hope and Glory, which is much more rousing.

I'm sure SNP would approve. 

14 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

eh? the eu theme tune has nothing to do with the uk, neither is the blue flag or eu day.......