So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Exactly. All questions which cannot possibly have a definitive answer, so it's stupid to ask them.

It is hardly stupid to enquire what the benefits might be given the level of risk involved.

Asking the reciprocal question is not as appropriate as the remainers didn't elect to take a risk.

Of course they did, although most would not be aware enough to see it. The EU today is a massive risk, financially, socially and existentially.

Nothing wrong with self interest woolley as long as it is not at the considerable detriment of others.

Given some of the stories coming out of particular people's circumstances in the last few days, I bet 99.9% of brexiters never thought of those possibilities before voting. Still they've got their country back.

Of course they did, although most would not be aware enough to see it. The EU today is a massive risk, financially, socially and existentially.

The imperfect EU is a big risk. It is daft to then take a much bigger risk to avoid the original risk.

The imperfect EU is a big risk. It is daft to then take a much bigger risk to avoid the original risk.

Is it? Is it really? Or is that just your personal opinion?

Nothing wrong with self interest woolley as long as it is not at the considerable detriment of others.

Given some of the stories coming out of particular people's circumstances in the last few days, I bet 99.9% of brexiters never thought of those possibilities before voting. Still they've got their country back.

You sound almost horrified that the public and it's elected representatives could have a much greater say in it's country's affairs. It's strange.

Just one question. How is your life going to improve with brexit? A long list will do.

What a silly question. How would your life improve if we stayed where we are?

How would your life get worse if we stay in? How do you expect your life to get worse if get out?

Exactly. All questions which cannot possibly have a definitive answer, so it's stupid to ask them.

So in the absence of answers, we "spun the chamber" anyway...

Which are?

Which are what?

You said you hate the people who are running the country as they are doing it for their own selfish ends. I'd just like to know what selfish ends they are, in relation to Brexit?

Wooleys statement to which I was responding wasn't specific to Brexit.

Which are?

Which are what?

You said you hate the people who are running the country as they are doing it for their own selfish ends. I'd just like to know what selfish ends they are, in relation to Brexit?

Wooleys statement to which I was responding wasn't specific to Brexit.

But those same people are the ones who are pushing Brexit through. So what are those selfish ends?

You sound almost horrified that the public and it's elected representatives could have a much greater say in it's country's affairs. It's strange.

Greater say how exactly?

Time will of course tell but are you really trying to tell us the UK and islands have taken no risk in this remarkable decision?

It's clear from the politicians that they have no real plan. So no plan = no risk? Really?

• Like 1

But those same people are the ones who are pushing Brexit through. So what are those selfish ends?

They also do a lot of other things. You are trying to steer a specific answer from me to wooley's generalist question.

I'm asking you a very specific question and you're refusing to answer it. You said the people who run the country do it for their own selfish ends. We're going through one of the biggest processes in our history in exiting the EU. I'm just asking what are the selfish reasons for doing it?

They also do a lot of other things. You are trying to steer a specific answer from me to wooley's generalist question.

I'm asking you a very specific question and you're refusing to answer it. You said the people who run the country do it for their own selfish ends. We're going through one of the biggest processes in our history in exiting the EU. I'm just asking what are the selfish reasons for doing it?

Twist my words all you want, I'm not dancing to your tune.

Time will of course tell but are you really trying to tell us the UK and islands have taken no risk in this remarkable decision?

It's clear from the politicians that they have no real plan. So no plan = no risk? Really?

Every large political decision is a risk. Staying attached to a failing political and ailing economic union who are in the midst of an immigrant crisis is a risk. Leaving it is also a risk.

However the public and our elected representatives think it is a risk worth taking, bearing in mind the vast majority of the world are not in this union and seem to be doing okay. However it's done, the decision has been made and you move on and try to forge a new way ahead. Change is scary but it can be ultimately rewarding.

• Like 1

What is really strange is that all this wonderful self determination will still have to fit with europe and the rest of the world.

Common regulation and laws have huge benefits yet only the cherry picked poorer examples get aired often with huge exaggeration.

Imagines woolley looking forward to being able to buy 150W incandescent bulbs from Shoprite again.....smile.png