So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

2 hours ago, woolley said:

Old news. Up from 1.06 to 1.11 this week. Just speculators. Boys will be boys. We all make a few bob on it from time to time. Euro is held up artificially to mask problems with "the project" in any case. Probably 2€ to the £ in a few years, provided the doomsters don't get their way and keep us in.

I didn't have you down as having a sense of humour.....

:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ballaughbiker said:

Except for stuff from the EU which will have tariffs for the first time for us. What a result!

Does the EU want its citizens to pay tariffs on stuff it buys from the UK? Do EU suppliers want their goods to be uncompetitive in the UK?

Looks like there's a FTA to be done here.

11 minutes ago, woolley said:

Does the EU want its citizens to pay tariffs on stuff it buys from the UK? Do EU suppliers want their goods to be uncompetitive in the UK?

Looks like there's a FTA to be done here.

It's been tried and failed.....

Apparently there are some really gullible folks about who don't know when they're well off....

9 minutes ago, P.K. said:

It's been tried and failed.....

Apparently there are some really gullible folks about who don't know when they're well off....

If it were just about trade then I would agree. Unfortunately there are far more momentous principles at stake besides what is merely convenient for the time being. It's about self-determination in the long term.

3 minutes ago, woolley said:

If it were just about trade then I would agree. Unfortunately there are far more momentous principles at stake besides what is merely convenient for the time being. It's about self-determination in the long term.

How many more times do you have to be told that only our sovereign parliament can make our laws?

So the blindingly obvious thing to do is stay in while it suits us and bale out when it doesn't. No doubt supported by other entities in the unlikely event it comes to pass.

Quitting while we're ahead via an almighty clusterfuck pushes the boundaries of stupidity to exponential levels.

Which doesn't say anything good about the electorate nor those they elected.

But hell, we'll get blue passports....

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

How many more times do you have to be told that only our sovereign parliament can make our laws?

In areas where competence has been ceded to Brussels our sovereign parliament is compelled to nod EU law through, or UK law has to be framed to be in compliance. Not acceptable.

59 minutes ago, woolley said:

In areas where competence has been ceded to Brussels our sovereign parliament is compelled to nod EU law through, or UK law has to be framed to be in compliance. Not acceptable.

It's been acceptable up to now because it's been all about facilitating trade.

You know, that you're always banging on about.....

But without all the other previous discussed benefits of membership of which the main one for me is the 'set up and running' regulation and compliance that will costs millions and millions to replicate/replace.

Talking about a 'national' anthem really seems utterly trivial in comparison. 

We are about to cause untold disruption to countless people's lives for no tangible benefit. It may eventually work out but there is a very good chance we shall all be worse off and whilst brexiters are free to gamble their lives, I am not happy about them gambling with mine using my stake.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

But without all the other previous discussed benefits of membership of which the main one for me is the 'set up and running' regulation and compliance that will costs millions and millions to replicate/replace.

Talking about a 'national' anthem really seems utterly trivial in comparison. 

We are about to cause untold disruption to countless people's lives for no tangible benefit. It may eventually work out but there is a very good chance we shall all be worse off and whilst brexiters are free to gamble their lives, I am not happy about them gambling with mine using my stake.

There's an air of desperation creeping in.....