So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

21 minutes ago, woody2 said:

and his new party swept the floor......if bj doesn't do the job or even if they have a remoan putsch.......if the next ge is about exit sir nige will be pm.......

That parties performance at the recent byelections have not suggested they could win a general election.  Much more likely that they split labour and conservative voters.

17 minutes ago, woody2 said:

wrong type of immigrants then........:rolleyes:

is it because they don't play the victim role you lefties love......

which party would you support??????????????????????

Frankly as long as they are not illegal then I don't really care what type of immigrants they are.  Even then illegals are often victims themselves so sometimes deserve kindness and compassion. 

Not sure which party I would vote for.  Probably the Greens though as I think they generally have some decent policies even if I don't agree with them 100%

14 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Frankly as long as they are not illegal then I don't really care what type of immigrants they are.  Even then illegals are often victims themselves so sometimes deserve kindness and compassion. 

Not sure which party I would vote for.  Probably the Greens though as I think they generally have some decent policies even if I don't agree with them 100%

white sexist supremacist then.......

18 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

That parties performance at the recent byelections have not suggested they could win a general election.  Much more likely that they split labour and conservative voters.

one byelection which was a libdum seat pre 2015 and the other remoan parties didn't stand......

if a ge is about exit and bj has failed sir nige will pm with a landslide........

2 hours ago, woolley said:

Farage could probably find a strongly Leave seat in the Labour heartlands where they won't vote Tory but can't abide Corbyn. Particularly if Corbyn goes totally against his lifetime beliefs and stands on a Remain platform.  

And is that not a good description everything wrong with first post the post.... 

12 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

And is that not a good description everything wrong with first post the post.... 

Maybe, but it's all there is. Various forms of PR just lead to permanently hung parliaments and paralysis. The type of mess we have now in Westminster would be permanent. Nothing but the most anodyne of legislation could pass. In any case there was a referendum in 2011 at the behest of the Liberals in the Coalition government. Went down like a lead balloon. There is no public appetite to change it and the public are probably right.

34 minutes ago, woolley said:

Maybe, but it's all there is. Various forms of PR just lead to permanently hung parliaments and paralysis. The type of mess we have now in Westminster would be permanent. Nothing but the most anodyne of legislation could pass. In any case there was a referendum in 2011 at the behest of the Liberals in the Coalition government. Went down like a lead balloon. There is no public appetite to change it and the public are probably right.

I beg to differ.

European governments are well used to coalitions. Especially the powerhouse that is Germany. You can't argue with success.

One massive advantage of coalitions is that the rise of left or right with extreme policies simply can't happen. Plus you only need to look at Trump with his stupid wall and Bolsonaro and his destruction of the rain forest to see populist government is a train crash looking for somewhere to take place.

29 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I beg to differ.

European governments are well used to coalitions. Especially the powerhouse that is Germany. You can't argue with success.

One massive advantage of coalitions is that the rise of left or right with extreme policies simply can't happen. Plus you only need to look at Trump with his stupid wall and Bolsonaro and his destruction of the rain forest to see populist government is a train crash looking for somewhere to take place.

Once a Lib, always a Lib.

Just now, woolley said:

Once a Lib, always a Lib.

So no counter arguments. Just playground name-calling. Same old same old.

Totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson is doing a snow job. He knows that the 27 are guarantors of the GFA which means the backstop is carved in stone. He will come back blaming the 27 for being "inflexible" or some such nonsense and that will be siezed upon by the UK rabid right wing press, which is to say pretty much all of it, as the "reason" for a no deal crash out. Which their owners want anyway.....

If it's a complete and utter horlicks I wish there was a way to make all those who voted brexit pay for their folly and not just the car workers....

5 hours ago, P.K. said:

So no counter arguments. Just playground name-calling. Same old same old.

Totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson is doing a snow job. He knows that the 27 are guarantors of the GFA which means the backstop is carved in stone. He will come back blaming the 27 for being "inflexible" or some such nonsense and that will be siezed upon by the UK rabid right wing press, which is to say pretty much all of it, as the "reason" for a no deal crash out. Which their owners want anyway.....

If it's a complete and utter horlicks I wish there was a way to make all those who voted brexit pay for their folly and not just the car workers....

The only guarantors of the Good Friday Agreement are Britain and Ireland. The 27 EU members have a bearing but their duty is to support the Irish Republic as an EU member hence the present blockage on the road...

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2018/08/01/playing-with-fire-brexit-and-the-decay-of-the-good-friday-agreement/

7 hours ago, woolley said:

It was never going to get through because the two biggest parties were against it.  Why?  Because it would end their dominance of UK politics forever.

The Conservatives and Labour were and remain interested in only one thing.  Themselves and the survival of their parties.

We are only in this mess now because of the Tory party and an attempt by David Cameron to unite the party and stop losing anti EU supporters to UKIP.

Without the EU ref would the UK have a Conservative Government? 

2 hours ago, Barrie Stevens said:

The only guarantors of the Good Friday Agreement are Britain and Ireland. The 27 EU members have a bearing but their duty is to support the Irish Republic as an EU member hence the present blockage on the road...

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2018/08/01/playing-with-fire-brexit-and-the-decay-of-the-good-friday-agreement/

CBA

"Several of the rights and entitlements that are provided for directly or indirectly in the GFA are themselves either directly or indirectly underpinned by EU law, and its system of effective remedies."