So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

13 minutes ago, woody2 said:

how's the technical recession going.......

I'm guessing you're talking about Germany. I'm actually in Greece at the moment but not seen any change in Germany yet.

I don't get why you anyone wouldn't want a strong UK economy and a strong EU economy. I want both to do well, either together or separately. What do you actually want?

9 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

I'm guessing you're talking about Germany. I'm actually in Greece at the moment but not seen any change in Germany yet.

I don't get why you anyone wouldn't want a strong UK economy and a strong EU economy. I want both to do well, either together or separately. What do you actually want?

greece also did well out of the eu........not........

i've just checked and the pound is up on 7 days ago..........your so #fakenews......

EDDwvWDXkAEl6rN.jpeg.90bf6ee23325656cd69af200beb97886.jpeg

16 minutes ago, woody2 said:

greece also did well out of the eu........not........

i've just checked and the pound is up on 7 days ago..........your so #fakenews......

EDDwvWDXkAEl6rN.jpeg.90bf6ee23325656cd69af200beb97886.jpeg

The pound fell following today's news, and it's being steadily dropping for some time now. Yes, it might increase over a short, meaningless period of a week, but the overall trend has not been good.

Why don't you want a strong UK economy and a strong EU economy? They are good for each other. 

Edited by mojomonkey

11 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

The pound fell following today's news, and it's being steadily dropping for some time now. Yes, it might increase over a short, meaningless period of a week, but the overall trend has not been good.

Why don't you want a strong UK economy and a strong EU economy? They are good for each other. 

Not steadily dropping. Not fallen today. It's 1.10euro now, it was 1.05 last week, I think. It's up and down. Once the nonsense is out of the way it will go back up. Markets hate uncertainty. They are fine so long as they know what they are working with.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, woody2 said:

been disingenuous is saying your trying to stop a no deal exit when you really are trying to stop any exit......

So true. They think they know better what's good for you. That's the whole problem. You don't agree with them, ergo you are thick.

I reckon that will be the campaign message in the general election. "They're still not listening. Tell them again!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, woolley said:

Not steadily dropping. Not fallen today. It's 1.10euro now, it was 1.05 last week, I think. It's up and down. Once the nonsense is out of the way it will go back up. Markets hate uncertainty. They are fine so long as they know what they are working with.

Don't disagree about the uncertainty, the shower of UK elected members are responsible for that. However you have to blind not to see that the Pound has steadily dropped since the referendum result.

23 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

the uk does have a strong economy..........the eu will bounce back once the new (convicted fraudster) head of the ecb turn the printing presses back on........euro can't last without it........

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Don't disagree about the uncertainty, the shower of UK elected members are responsible for that. However you have to blind not to see that the Pound has steadily dropped since the referendum result.

fueled by the remoan brigade and not on economic facts.......well done:rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, woolley said:

So true. They think they know better what's good for you. That's the whole problem. You don't agree with them, ergo you are thick.

I reckon that will be the campaign message in the general election. "They're still not listening. Tell them again!"

tories have already started with this.......

EDATYzOW4AUvAgH.jpeg.7aadb4aae29af6b3ff4149f83611a123.jpeg

33 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

26 minutes ago, woody2 said:

fueled by the remoan brigade and not on economic facts.......well done:rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, woody2 said:

what was the value of the pound in 2012........

Yes it has gone down since before the referendum - all 3 above posts are valid. A lot of the drop has been driven by nothing more than Project Fear. However, the rate that is often quoted from just before the referendum was as artificially high as the rate now is artificially low.

Here is a graph that will demonstrate that between 2000 and 2012 the pound reduced in value from 1.73euro to 1.11euro. So on the same principle being used to knock Brexit, we must have been doing absolute crap in the European Union.

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/bank-of-england-spot/historical-spot-exchange-rates/gbp/GBP-to-EUR

Edited by woolley
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1