So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Just now, Freggyragh said:

Bullshit. I’ve given you a link from an independent research body that says otherwise, so where is your link? You just make up woodyfacts, you’re like a breathing copy of the Sun - full of crap. 

Have to say I don't know how I've been lured back into Woody's fantasy world so I've put he/she/it back on ignore....

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I'm not surprised:

" Nothing she could achieve would ever be as good as what "

Sheeeeesh! Terrible grammar!

Sorry, but I have been travelling all day.

But as for the rest of the post, well, guilty as charged.....

I see nothing wrong with the grammar. It's the baloney you build out of it that's the problem.

I thought it wasn't a bad effort considering the circumstances of a Remain negotiating team cooking up a deal with the EU that was as close to not being Brexit as Brexit could be, complete with Irish Backstop aka the customs union. The next step - the future relationship - was meant to build on this, i.e. keep the UK in the customs union ad infinitum, because how else would they overcome the need for the backstop? This was never answered.

But yes, on balance, as an MP I would have voted for it because I thought it was the most we were going to get at the time, and it would have halted the slide to "ever closer union". We could have left further progress for another day.

Not sure what you're driving at concerning May trying to get her deal through 3 times. Yes she did, and they voted it down 3 times. Now they are wailing because they claim that they won't have the time to procrastinate still further. Surely it's all been said. We know exactly what the majority of them want. The row about no deal is a red herring. They want no Brexit at all. They want to frustrate the result of the referendum and that is what is anti-democratic.

Edited by woolley

1 hour ago, woolley said:

But yes, on balance, as an MP I would have voted for it because I thought it was the most we were going to get at the time, and it would have halted the slide to "ever closer union". We could have left further progress for another day.

If you were an MP, assuming you weren’t one of the lazy ones, like Nadine Dorries, that never even tried to understand, you would have researched things before opening your mouth or posting nonsense: 

https://fullfact.org/europe/explaining-eu-deal-ever-closer-union/

6 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

If you were an MP, assuming you weren’t one of the lazy ones, like Nadine Dorries, that never even tried to understand, you would have researched things before opening your mouth or posting nonsense: 

https://fullfact.org/europe/explaining-eu-deal-ever-closer-union/

Ah. Call Me Dave's 'reformed' EU, where they pretty much sent him away with a figleaf and a flea in his ear. I wonder how much they regret that now. Unfortunately, Freggy, nonsense is not defined as anything that runs counter to your credulous view of the EU. If their lips are moving there's a good chance you may be being duped. So when you post up proof that "ever closer union" is just some benign slogan for a trading bloc, forgive me if I prefer the evidence of recent decades which have seen the introduction of a flag, a parliament,  courts, laws,  free movement,  open borders,  central bank , currency,, not one president but five, central planning from the centre for each country etc. There's a mighty big elephant in this trading bloc.  

I just don't see your point of view Woolley. There's as much pulling the EU apart as there is unification. Can you really seriously see a continued federalisation of twenty seven (and counting) individual and separate nation states, many of whom are even breaking up within their own borders ?  It's not happening now and it won't in the future. It's just the glue that's keeping a trading bloc together, nothing else, and certainly not sinister as you keep suggesting. It's that old bogeyman politics that's been around for ever, and you've allied yourself to a group of free-market pirates who've conned millions of voters with their narrative.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I just don't see your point of view Woolley. There's as much pulling the EU apart as there is unification. Can you really seriously see a continued federalisation of twenty seven (and counting) individual and separate nation states, many of whom are even breaking up within their own borders ?  It's not happening now and it won't in the future. It's just the glue that's keeping a trading bloc together, nothing else, and certainly not sinister as you keep suggesting. It's that old bogeyman politics that's been around for ever, and you've allied yourself to a group of free-market pirates who've conned millions of voters with their narrative.

most of them have come from controlled states and are more than happy to return......

2 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

No, SMUJ, I merely believe in independence of sovereign states which have freedom of jurisdiction without laws, rules, conventions imposed by a supranational authority which can be against the interest of individual states. One size fits all doesn't work and has caused massive privations particularly in Southern Europe. Where joint action is necessary it can be pursued perfectly well by joint action agreed by individual states. Brussels is surplus to requirements.  

13 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Very nicely put.

Of course, Woolley and the rest of the brexiteers have to ignore the recent successes of the trade deals with entities like Japan and Mercosur.....

10 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Bullshit. I’ve given you a link from an independent research body that says otherwise, so where is your link? You just make up woodyfacts, you’re like a breathing copy of the Sun - full of crap. 

a bias pro-eu committee.....:rolleyes:

try again......

Does it also upset you that the Olympic movement has a flag, or NATO, or the International Federation of Vexillological Associations, or is it just the EU? I get that you don’t like parliaments, I don’t understand why you wouldn’t want a trading bloc that has to standardise the rules of the world’s largest single market to have oversight from an elected body, (unlike the unelected WTO), likewise a court to oversee fair implementation of laws to ensure fair trade. If other countries want a common currency and central bank then the U.K. shouldn’t have to bail them out if they come unstuck, but guess what? It doesn’t. What is the nature of this central planning that effects the U.K.? One example will do. What is it about free movement you don’t like? Do you believe in woodyfacts? Are you blaming the EU for how the U.K. itself deals with immigration? Tell me more about this elephant, because to me it looks like something you’ve imagined. 

Edited by Freggyragh

1 hour ago, woolley said:

No. Everything is taken account of. 

Then you know why all these folks signing up want to trade with the EU.

Why don't you post the reasons up on here for your fellow brexiteers to understand what they are turning our backs on.

Thanks.