So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Change is scary but it can be ultimately rewarding.

True and I really hope you are right and I am wrong with all this.

There are two ways at looking at any situation. There are far too many focusing on the negatives and what could and might go wrong, looking back on our membership of the EU and projecting that it would have turned into the land of milk and honey had we stayed.

They are the same people going apoplectic about a reality TV star and businessman sitting in the White House. It's a strange situation.

Ultimately for a large part you are responsible for your own destiny. If people focused more on that and less on things they can't control they might find a bit more inner calm.

How we focus on the positives when no-one can definitvely say what they are?

All the Leave seem to say is "what and see"

What are the positives of staying in the European Union then?

Change is scary but it can be ultimately rewarding.

True and I really hope you are right and I am wrong with all this.

There are two ways at looking at any situation. There are far too many focusing on the negatives and what could and might go wrong, looking back on our membership of the EU and projecting that it would have turned into the land of milk and honey had we stayed.

They are the same people going apoplectic about a reality TV star and businessman sitting in the White House. It's a strange situation.

Ultimately for a large part you are responsible for your own destiny. If people focused more on that and less on things they can't control they might find a bit more inner calm.

How we focus on the positives when no-one can definitvely say what they are?

All the Leave seem to say is "what and see"

What are the positives of staying in the European Union then?

"Wait and see"...

Freedom of movement is an easy one...

Alternative is pull all British and American military out of continental Europe and see how that goes down. Yes?

You mean the other countries in Europe don't have their own armed forces? Jesus man...have you thought telling someone about this?

I mean exactly what I said.

Why? It was clearly a threat, everyone read it that way when the letter was made public initially, this is just confirmation that it was also taken that way too.

Now, WM are scrambling to say it's something it wasn't to save not getting negotiations off on a horrible footing. Magnanimously EU officials are seemingly willing to accept that, at least publicly. As Richard says, it's diplomacy, something for which this brexit govt seem totally unskilled in.

It was a statement of fact. Nothing more, nothing less. If it hadn't been overblown by the media it would simply have been digested by the other side and not a word would have been said until the negotiations. What about the threat from the EU - if you don't pay us fifty billion we don't start trade talks? Where is the shit storm about that?

BALLS

And now as the EU goes "pay your brexit bill", we go "pay for NATO" - I actually have a funny feeling both will backfire.

Ah, the Trump deflection. "We" are not in a position to tell anyone to pay for NATO.

its a shame the beeb didn't point out this is fully funded by the nhs unlike eu nationals in the uk who pay nothing...

they are delusional at best....

The EU nationals pay nothing in the UK because we have elected not to charge them.

There's quite a bit of delusion on this thread.

not true....