So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 hour ago, Freggyragh said:

If you click on the blue underlined link it should open so you can read it. If you’re having trouble, copy the link and paste it into either the toolbar or a search engine, such as Google, then you’ll be able to read the link, which begins;

The EU and Japan's Economic Partnership Agreement entered into force on 1 February 2019.”

so you haven't read it........

#cars

36 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

May we see proof of this? What exactly is a political dress? 

the public order act of 1936 included a ban on political uniforms...........

An Act to prohibit the wearing of uniforms in connection with political objects and the maintenance by private persons of associations of military or similar character; and to make further provision for the preservation of public order on the occasion of public processions and meetings and in public places.

19 minutes ago, woody2 said:

the public order act of 1936 included a ban on political uniforms...........

That law was intended to curtail the use of uniforms worn by members of political organisations such as the British Union of Fascists as I think they were called possibly "Brownshirts" Oswald Mosely and that lot. It has in modern times been used on those who wear an IRA type uniform beret dark glasses ski masks etc at political events such as at Speakers' Corner..

It is about political uniforms...It is not about "political dress" Not the same as wearing costumes including the EU flag etc...and just jollying along.

Then there is the restriction on members of the forces wearing uniform at political rallies although many years ago I believe the late Lord Healey stood for election in 1945 in uniform as Captain Healey. I think I recall seeing a poster and officers were entitled to use their rank for a period after being demobbed..

12 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

That law was intended to curtail the use of uniforms worn by members of political organisations such as the British Union of Fascists as I think they were called possibly "Brownshirts" Oswald Mosely and that lot. It has in modern times been used on those who wear an IRA type uniform beret dark glasses ski masks etc at political events such as at Speakers' Corner..

It is about political uniforms...It is not about "political dress" Not the same as wearing costumes including the EU flag etc...and just jollying along.

Then there is the restriction on members of the forces wearing uniform at political rallies although many years ago I believe the late Lord Healey stood for election in 1945 in uniform as Captain Healey. I think I recall seeing a poster and officers were entitled to use their rank for a period after being demobbed..

More properly Major Healey...Long time ago I saw the poster in the mid 1960s at school...

10 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

https://www.oswaldmosley.com/downloads/18b Detainees List.pdf

Glass houses and stones! I rather think the blessed Isle has played a large part in locking up wearers and would be wearers of political uniforms...Click the link..

Nice link, Bazza. I knew we could rely on you for the lowdown. Although I don't think the Island would have had much say in the matter.

Edited by woolley

14 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

still in force and can apply to that illegal blue thing........