So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

13 hours ago, AndyF said:

True, I suppose he could ask for something stupid to make sure they just tell him to go away (not exactly that but you see what I mean hopefully) , I think all I was trying to say was the UK parliament if MP's took over and managed to pass whatever they wanted, they can't force the EU to give the UK an extension as all EU states must agree to it...

the eu would give a extension........£2bn a month they are getting.......

that's £14bn extra just up to october...........england and wales don't even spend that on police for a whole year......

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Soooo....

You either searched for this image or it turned up on a website you regularly visit.  I think that says something about you.

manx radio news page........:rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

The point I was making about artificial intelligence and robotics as @woolley touched upon is the growing evidence that more jobs will be lost to technology.  Woolley is right that technology has already taken away many unskilled or low-skilled repetitive work and now other jobs could be lost to technology such as professional drivers (taxi drivers, delivery drivers etc) being replaced by autonomous vehicles.  That is then another swathe or the population who will be unemployed and our current society is not geared up for that.

There is also ongoing discussions regarding the future of "white collar" work which has traditionally been seen as safe from automation.  There are plenty of surveys showing what the future may hold in this regard so I won't go into detail here.

Woolley is also correct that the beneficiaries from automation will not be the general population but will be those who own the means of production.  

they said that 30 years ago.......:whistling:

numbers in work has never been higher......

work changes all the time..... you either keep up or get left behind.....

15 hours ago, woolley said:

There is no status quo. It's a dynamic situation that is merely at a point on a journey.

Now THAT'S funny!

I've read some Brexit BS on here but that has to be a new apogee!

It's complete and utter BS but it's quality BS.

Which I guess was enough to sucker folks into voting for it.

The one saving grace is that if it's a no-deal exit then the gullible are unlikely to complain because no-one likes to look stupid....

Classic!

4 hours ago, woody2 said:

manx radio news page........:rolleyes:

they said that 30 years ago.......:whistling:

numbers in work has never been higher......

work changes all the time..... you either keep up or get left behind.....

So in 30 years we have never come up with a viable method of controlling our borders electronically yet we are somehow going to not only invent the system but have it built, installed and operational by the 31st October 2019?

A little video on the future of work and automation;

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

So in 30 years we have never come up with a viable method of controlling our borders electronically yet we are somehow going to not only invent the system but have it built, installed and operational by the 31st October 2019?

A little video on the future of work and automation;

the border is controlled electronically now.......

neither france nor ireland are going to change anything at first........

they had 20 mile tailbacks at calais a few weeks ago.......funny no one mentioned it........

• Like 1

Not surprised that the agreement on article 50 was prepared by the EU.  It is after all the part of the process for leaving the organisation.  It's not like you get to write the rules about how to leave a club or terminate the relationship with an employer is it?

Do you think that the WTO will not have a set of rules that the UK will have to abide by without any say?

Not surprised that the agreement on article 50 was prepared by the EU.  It is after all the part of the process for leaving the organisation.  It's not like you get to write the rules about how to leave a club or terminate the relationship with an employer is it?

the remoan mp's claim that this is parliament taking control.........they are just handing power to the eu..........no sovereignty.......

Do you think that the WTO will not have a set of rules that the UK will have to abide by without any say?

no........